NFC: Much better than last year

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Playoff race is gonna be hauntingly close this year. Should be awesome. Eagles, Cowboys, Giants, Lions, Bears, Bucs, Saints, Falcons are all potential legitimate opponents of ours. In fact all games b/t each of these guys last year(not including Packer games vs. NY, Atl and Dallas) were ultra close. Talk about key games this year.

Saints at Packers, Bears vs. Packers vs. Lions, Eagles vs. Giants vs. Cowboys, Bears at Saints, Giants at Saints, Lions at Bucs, Bears at Bucs, Bucs at Packers, Cowboys at Bucs, Packers at Falcons, Falcons at Bears, Eagles at Falcons, Falcons at Lions, Lions at Cowboys, Lions at Saints, Bears at Eagles, Packers at Giants.

Eagles - Vick for an entire season. Interior OL is better. I've seen Watkins play, he can move bodies.

Cowboys - Romo's back. They finally address OT. After Wade was fired, they played pretty well.

Giants - Secondary is lucky to get Prince. We play them in NY this year, I'm very interested in that game.

Lions - Suh and Fairley....

Bears - As much as I hate them be real, we struggled in final two games to score. That defense is legit especially in rivalry games.

Bucs - They have a pass rush now. Freeman is an upcoming QB and they got some nice young WR with a bruising RB.

Saints - Cameron Jordan is a beast. They now have a pass rush.

Falcons - Unlike most, I thought trade will be success if Jones is consistent 1,000 yard receiver. He'll get a lot of single coverage. The first rounder they give up is most likely in the late 20s. That isn't a immediate impact player but if Jones pans out, he can help them now. Face it, the first half of Divisional round was nail-biter until Pick 6.

Rodgers2Finley4TDs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On the Falcons: I don't like the trade for them at all. But lets face facts the picks they gave up weren't gonna help them this year. So as relates to this years playoff race, Whatever Jones gives them is gravy.

I agree with your post though. The NFC is getting better along with us. The only thing I will say is in the NFL it usually comes down to how well a team can pass the football. SO I think we will always have an advantage in that area. It is also the reason I am counting out the Lions and Vikings.

:viksux::detsux:

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's weird how the NFL works in the 70s the AFC won most of the time. The 80's and early 90s were dominated by the NFC (I think only the raiders won in the early 80's, can't think of another one off the top of my head). From the Broncos to the Colts I think only 2 NFC teams won (Rams and Bucs). Now it seems to be once again shifting to the NFC as 3 of the last 4 winners have been from the NFC and teh NFC teams are only getting better than most of the AFC teams.

I guess the same pattern happens in the NBA and MLB as well. The AL has dominanted lately but the NL use to be the best and the NBA is shifting from the West completly dominating the East, to the East slowly becoming better. It's just and odd pattern that doesn't make much sense to me.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think a few teams like the bears are worse and dont expect much from any of the rookies as most dont shine the first year, though a few will.

Cowboys biggest issue is the pass defense, not the offense. They were fine with Kitna last season. They need a free agent corner bad, maybe one that played for the raiders last season...

packerstl101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The season has not started yet, We dont know how any of teams will play or how the rookies will play. We dont know how clse it will be.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
The season has not started yet, We dont know how any of teams will play or how the rookies will play. We dont know how clse it will be.

Agreed. However, I think the whole point of this thread was to discuss people's predictions...

Rodgers_Forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eh, i don't really view the bears as much of a threat this year. They are getting older and slower all over that defense, they failed to upgrade anything other than their **** poor OL in the draft, and they have no receivers/secondary.

Mike Martz is a farty coach who can't adjust his system to his players strengths, and Lovie is the new Childress of the NFC North(will probably be fired upon losing to the pack twice). Luck is literally the only thing the bears have over the packers when comparing rosters.

TeamTundra

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Getting back our injured players from last year - Finley, Grant, Burnett, Barnett, Neal, etc. - plus our rookies and I would argue that the Packers will make the biggest improvement over last year.

The Saints had a very good draft, but I believe they also have the most free agents. I don't understand the Falcons trading up to get Julio Jones. The last time we saw Atlanta the Packers offense was shredding them and they did virtually nothing in the draft to address their needs.

I think the Lions will be improved, but they still have a very shaky offensive line and their secondary and linebackers are below average.

Jasonfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Biggest threat to GB will likely come from the NFC East this year. Last year, the NFC South had inflated records due to their easy wins vs the NFC West and in 2011 the NFC East gets to play against the West.

The only 2 threats in the East should be the Giants and Philly. NYG might be the NFC's 2nd most talented team but their skill players are almost all turnover prone and their secondary is slow (they better hope Prince is good). Philly is a big threat since their Offense is dynamic and their Defense has to improve, the question is if Vick can maintain his health and improve his short/medium accuracy a little more.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bears will be worse, less lucky. Guaranteed.
Atlanta will be a little worse.
Eagles will be worse.
The Giants will fare a little better.
Dallas has to be a little better.
Redskins suck.
Vikings suck.
Tampa Bay will be about the same, 9-10 wins.
Lions will be better.
We will be better.
Saints will be about the same, maybe worse. Brees is due to miss some games do to injury. They will suck without him.
NFC West still sucks.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
was that the Bears, or the 18 yellow flag tosses in the early game?

Though they were much harder later in the year, they still lost to a team missing many starters.
:chisux:

If I'm not mistaken we scored more points in one game against Dallas (or if you prefer, in one game against Atlanta) than we did against the Bears in all three combined.

Against Dallas - 45
Against Atlanta (playoff) 48
Against Chicago - 17, 10, and 14 = 41

It still looks to me like Chicago managed to slow down the juggernaut that was our offense.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken we scored more points in one game against Dallas (or if you prefer, in one game against Atlanta) than we did against the Bears in all three combined.

Against Dallas - 45
Against Atlanta (playoff) 48
Against Chicago - 17, 10, and 14 = 41

It still looks to me like Chicago managed to slow down the juggernaut that was our offense.
Great facts.... and you're right.
We need to light those ******** up this year, hopefully on Sept 25.

Members online

Latest posts