Next quarter is the season for the Packers.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hear you. I agree that a winning streak can provide a psychological benefit. But we can’t expect that psychological benefit for the Packers if they win their next four games and at the same time ignore the psychological benefit that the Vikings have after winning 5 straight games. After all, we’re talking about the Vikings beating weak teams then going on to play arguably tough teams and we are also talking about the Pack beating weak teams then going on to play arguably tough teams.

As for teams playing better later in the season, I’m not so sure that’s true because plenty of teams break down later in the season. But assuming it is true then the teams the Pack will face later in the season will be playing better. And if it’s true the Vikings will be playing better themselves later in the season.

Likeability is just perception and it is deceiving. If Pittsburgh and Cleveland were both 1-3 the perception might be that Pittsburgh is tougher, but that doesn’t mean they are tougher, even if they have more talent. This is what I mean, one would have to look at who they played, their respective statistics, each teams offense and defense, injuries, etc. We can’t just say a team is tough based on their record and the perception that they are tough.

I’m not necessarily disagreeing with you, I’m just pointing out that the reasoning should be applied equally rather than in a partial manner just to make ourselves feel better about the rest of the season. I’m also saying that if we’re gonna judge the “toughness” or “weakness” of teams we should do so based on some sort of analysis rather than perception.
That's what I menat with "talent". I just didn't want to go into details. Previous season record, current players performances in recent years, readyness and ability of rookies, medical status, and so on...

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to metion that his so called predictions were never made in this forum because he "happened to find it just after the Metrodome game". Pathetic.
what? you crack me up. Did you think I would bet on anybody else than the defending champs? They have upgraded with No. 4 and percy harvin not to mention a 6'8" tackle in loadholt on offense and our starting middle linebacker in EJ henderson who was out last year. Keep dreaming that I would picked against the vikes at being 5-0 at this point. I had you guys at 1-3 to this point so you have blown away my expectations of the the Pack so good job. :happy0005:why on earth would of kept my prediction quiet against the pack? Your team was 6-10 and did little if anything to upgrade the Vikings were 10-6 and did alot to upgrade so really do you thinik anybody is shocked that the Vikings had their way with the pack?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what? you crack me up. Did you think I would bet on anybody else than the defending champs? They have upgraded with No. 4 and percy harvin not to mention a 6'8" tackle in loadholt on offense and our starting middle linebacker in EJ henderson who was out last year. Keep dreaming that I would picked against the vikes at being 5-0 at this point. I had you guys at 1-3 to this point so you have blown away my expectations of the the Pack so good job. :happy0005:why on earth would of kept my prediction quite against the pack? Your team was 6-10 and did little if anything to upgrade the Vikings were 10-6 and did alot to upgrade so really do you thinik anybody is shocked that the Vikings had their way with the pack?
You keep saying that you made predictions yet you weren't here before the game. Really, when you make statements like that it kind of takes away your credit. Make a prediction now and let's see how it fares.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You keep saying that you made predictions yet you weren't here before the game. Really, when you make statements like that it kind of takes away your credit. Make a prediction now and let's see how it fares.
The Pack are playing 500 ball right now and if the Vikings do drop off and w-6 out of 11(which is a game over 500) the Vikings finish at 11-5 for the year will win the North so the pack better get hot and quick smart guy. The Vikings win this week at home and will beat the Packers at lambeau. Steelers will be a good game. Anyway Vikings win 2 of 3 for sure. You happy now? lol you make me laugh your like a wee child my boy!

FanOfTheGame

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd argue the Giants might be the cream of the crop. What once held them back was passing, but it appears they're becoming very, very capable.

I would put the NFC as:
Giants
Eagles
Vikings

The Vikings have their own issues. AD is not being used enough and that may be because Minnesota cannot consistently run-block, a la Green Bay. And, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to then realize what happens when an offense becomes one dimensional - we Packer fans know this all to well - the ending is ALWAYS (except once) bitter.

How could you forget about the Saints? I personally think the Saints are the dominant NFC team right now. They’re 4-0 and have had a slightly tougher schedule than the Giants. They have played Detroit, Philadelphia, Buffalo and the Jets and they pretty much killed them all. They’re ranked 6th in total defense (Giants are ranked 1st) and they’re ranked 3rd in total offense (Giants are ranked 2nd), but again they have had a slightly tougher schedule.

The two teams play each other this week so it should be a great game and we will find out who is the better team. The Saints do have home field advantage, but the Giants perform well on the road so that shouldn’t be too much of a factor. I guess I could have waited until after the game to give my opinion, but where’s the fun in that? :)

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How could you forget about the Saints? I personally think the Saints are the dominant NFC team right now. They’re 4-0 and have had a slightly tougher schedule than the Giants. They have played Detroit, Philadelphia, Buffalo and the Jets and they pretty much killed them all. They’re ranked 6th in total defense (Giants are ranked 1st) and they’re ranked 3rd in total offense (Giants are ranked 2nd), but again they have had a slightly tougher schedule.

The two teams play each other this week so it should be a great game and we will find out who is the better team. The Saints do have home field advantage, but the Giants perform well on the road so that shouldn’t be too much of a factor. I guess I could have waited until after the game to give my opinion, but where’s the fun in that? :)

You're RIGHT - how did I forget the Aints???

Oh, I'm not sure I understand what the Aints are all about this season. I haven't watched a game of theirs this season, but their upcoming game against the Giants should be spectacular and we'll be able to judge whether the Aints defense is for real. We know they can score, but their defense has always been worse than Green Bay.

At any rate, I tend to think more highly of teams that have proven recently to be able to get it done, a la Philly and New York. And, in order for Minny to be considered legitimate, they're gonna have to figure out that horrible secondary. When I used to argue with Packers fans about our porous secondary, they'd tell me that "it was by design" - so maybe this is Minny's excuse? All I can say is that a defense can usually bend and not break only so many times.

Baltimore has a horrible secondary, so Favre should carve them up at the Dome. Pitt just lost their prized D-lineman, but should have Polamalu back - Vikes are a better team than Pitt, but if they can't SACK (not just pressure, but actually sack) Big Ben, he'll torch the Vikings' secondary.