New Special Teams Coach

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Looks like the Packers are still focusing on improving their special teams. They have signed former Raiders Safety and special teams standout Dallin Leavitt. Guessing Rich Bisaccia had a lot to do with that signing!

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rich Bisaccia didn't sound to confident saying they are a work in progress. Bad special teams play has been really tough to watch over the last several years.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing if you researched Rich more than a minute is this main hardly ever is satisfied. His unit will always sound like it needs help - the nature of him.

D

Deleted member 6794

Rich Bisaccia didn't sound to confident saying they are a work in progress. Bad special teams play has been really tough to watch over the last several years.

I don't expect the special teams to end up being one of the best units in the league this season. I would already be fine with them not losing any games moving forward.

Reaction score
One thing if you researched Rich more than a minute is this main hardly ever is satisfied. His unit will always sound like it needs help - the nature of him.
Yeah. After 40 years of ST coaching, he probably is just relieving stress :eek:
I don't expect the special teams to end up being one of the best units in the league this season. I would already be fine with them not losing any games moving forward.
I agree. Historically Rich has been more middle of the league overall. I think last year he barely cracked top 10, previous years not so much
I’ll take a #15 ranked ST though that likely gets us a unit that doesn’t hurt us, as you said.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I agree. Historically Rich has been more middle of the league overall. I think last year he barely cracked top 10, previous years not so much
I’ll take a #15 ranked ST though that likely gets us a unit that doesn’t hurt us, as you said.
I guess I'm a little more in the area of believing he's going to make them a top 10 ST group. Why? Because I believe LeFleur will open up more of the roster to him, and Gutekunst and LeFleur have been more aware, when it comes to getting FAs, and draft picks.

It's no longer an "after thought," but a priority, and they know it. It may have cost them a Lombardi trophy by not addressing it last year.

Reaction score
I guess I'm a little more in the area of believing he's going to make them a top 10 ST group. Why? Because I believe LeFleur will open up more of the roster to him, and Gutekunst and LeFleur have been more aware, when it comes to getting FAs, and draft picks.

It's no longer an "after thought," but a priority, and they know it. It may have cost them a Lombardi trophy by not addressing it last year.
I could see that. Especially year 1 and after the SF49 debacle. It’s a good point we’re hitting it hard with resources.
My guess is it won’t take much to go from a #15 ranking ti say #9 ranking or whatever.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ST's seem to rear their ugliness the most in the playoffs. I too, would like to see them not lose any games.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll bet there will be different players on STs once the season starts and that we will be much improved. Need to try someone else at punt returns. Winfree?

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I disagree. If they are not at least a #14 ST unit then I consider his hiring a bust.

Reaction score
I disagree. If they are not at least a #14 ST unit then I consider his hiring a bust.
I'd hate to have you as my Bossman. I wouldn't last the first week! :laugh:

P.S. Do you know my very first job at Perkins Restaurant in the early 1980's it was my first day and I vacuumed up the chord and nearly ruined the commercial vacuum we had? It happened right in front of my Boss as he sat at a booth and was auditing tickets! You should'vee seen the look on his face! Hell you shouldve seen the look on my face, talk about an awkward first Day!:eek:

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all I could tell from special teams last night is they still have a long ways to go and #45 looked much better kicking than the last guy we had. Other than that, I'm not sure I can think of any positives.

Reaction score
all I could tell from special teams last night is they still have a long ways to go and #45 looked much better kicking than the last guy we had. Other than that, I'm not sure I can think of any positives.
but Mondio, can you think of any negatives? Thats where us Packer fans need to get to first! Baby steps :laugh:

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd hate to have you as my Bossman. I wouldn't last the first week! :laugh:

P.S. Do you know my very first job at Perkins Restaurant in the early 1980's it was my first day and I vacuumed up the chord and nearly ruined the commercial vacuum we had? It happened right in front of my Boss as he sat at a booth and was auditing tickets! You should'vee seen the look on his face! Hell you shouldve seen the look on my face, talk about an awkward first Day!:eek:
Did you know that Marlon Perkins liked to hunt?

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you know that Marlon Perkins liked to hunt?

Actually, Marlin Perkins was a zoologist and Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom was a wildlife appreciation show and not a hunting show.

I watched it nearly every Sunday evening when I was a kid in the 1970's.

[End public service announcement]

Reaction score
Actually, Marlin Perkins was a zoologist and Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom was a wildlife appreciation show and not a hunting show.

Oh Gosh thank you. I thought he meant hunted the Animals after the show was over?
I felt like the last part of my youthful innocence was being pulled out like a Lion on Bambi

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh Gosh thank you. I thought he meant hunted the Animals after the show was over?
I felt like the last part of my youthful innocence was being pulled out like a Lion on Bambi
He "hunted" with a camera and crew. Some great wildlife segments from him.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Marty Stouffer's Wild America was a bit after Wild Kingdom, but i loved both as a child. I remember Wild America a bit more since I was older.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Wild Kingdom was my favorite show when I was younger. I remember one night after the show was over I dialed the toll free number (1-800-228-9800 and no I didn't have to look it up), I hung up as soon as someone answered and I was scared as heck my parents would find out. I had no idea what toll free meant. I thought they would get a huge bill because I called long distance.

Side note, the show hasn't held up well. I tried watching some episodes a year or so ago and couldn't get through any of them. Thats not to say Marlin Perkins was not a big reason why I went on to study biology. He was a huge influence on me and many other biologists I'm sure.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts