Announcement New Look and Feel

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I figured it was about time to freshen up the look and feel of PackerForum. I am going to be rolling this new look and feel out as a test to see if it is something we are going to be keeping for the rest of the football season.

If you guys hate it, please post those responses here. All feedback is welcome.

If you want to switch back to the existing look and feel, the bottom footer box has a link right under "Important Site Links". Click on the name of theme and select the existing one if you prefer to continue using that one.

Last edited:
OP
OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually, had to remove it from being the default style. A few issues with the look and feel in a mobile environment.

OP
OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay the new look and feel is set as the default. Everything should be working properly on both desktop and mobile devices. Post any issues, concerns, suggestions here.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
have not checked mobile, but so far so good on desktop. I like it. Seems cleaner

OP
OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
have not checked mobile, but so far so good on desktop. I like it. Seems cleaner

Thanks for the feedback. Going to be doing lots of testing over the next couple of days, so if you find something on mobile, let me know.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Thanks RobDog for all the hard work and effort you put into this site! It rocks!

I was already to adjust my settings, before I saw your post! :tup:

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice fresh style Rob. About time there was some change to the layout of the site. Cheers Rob :tup:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It could very well be that I just don't look for things very well, but I can't find the "new posts" button on mobile. iPhone running Chrome if that matters.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good change. I like this. As other said, this is much cleaner and feels crisp. I always felt the old one was too colour heavy and this is more balanced.

Couple of suggestions.....The empty green space just below the menu bar feels a bit awkward. Like the forum logo gone missing or something. Could reduce the size to match the green space on the sides. And a bigger logo should go well.

Last edited:
OP
OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good change. I like this. As other said, this is much cleaner and feels crisp. I always felt the old one was too colour heavy and this is more balanced.

Couple of suggestions.....The empty green space just below the menu bar feels a bit awkward. Like the forum logo gone missing or something. Could reduce the size to match the green space on the sides. And a bigger logo should go well.

Do you have ad blockers? Because the top space is supposed to have an ad. ;)

Sky King

Reaction score
When I use my iPhone the "New Posts" button appears only when I rotate the phone for maximum width. I can't remember if that's always the way it worked on this site before the change.

I like the new look and also the old look. Either way it works for me.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do get the "new post" tab when turned in landscape on phone, but can not find it anywhere or by clicking any tabs with phone up and down.

Thanks sky king

OP
OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do get the "new post" tab when turned in landscape on phone, but can not find it anywhere or by clicking any tabs with phone up and down.

Thanks sky king

That is definitely due to responsive design, meaning with less width you see less options. But in your opinion, would new posts be a pretty important secondary options under the forums tab?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
That is definitely due to responsive design, meaning with less width you see less options. But in your opinion, would new posts be a pretty important secondary options under the forums tab?

Only if I was the one making the new post :coffee:

Personally, the new post and the new post alerts are the two features that guide me the most on the site. I want to read all the new and enlightening information posted by others since I last looked.

I don't use my cell phone to view the site though.

OP
OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only if I was the one making the new post :coffee:

Personally, the new post and the new post alerts are the two features that guide me the most on the site. I want to read all the new and enlightening information posted by others since I last looked.

I don't use my cell phone to view the site though.

Gotcha, thanks for the feedback.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, I rarely search the forum. I did when I joined, but now click on my favorite tab and go right to the new posts.

I think any button that's easy to see and is new posts, today's posts, active, just something someone can quickly filter to current stuff happening is great.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I would like a button that zaps the user on the other end when they post something of no value.

Edit:

OUCH! I felt THAT!

:eek: I see that feature is already installed!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Only other thing I might add and it's really minor.......if I click on a new post in the new post column or my alert box, the new post pops up and 1/4 of it is buried under the top of the screen. Just a quick scroll fixes it, nothing major, but wasn't doing that before the change.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
On my Debian PC using SeaMonkey v2.46, the screen needs to be scrolled down to start reading. I mean, under the headers is a big white bar for things like Mark Forums Read, Search Forums, New Posts, etc. When I click on a thread in New Posts, the first few lines are covered by that bar. Most of the avatar graphic is covered but not all. This also occurs when I click on something from the Alerts tab. I always have to scroll to get to the top of the post.