Announcement New Look and Feel

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I do have a phone but I dont think I have such a feature on my PC.
seems to come from the shear volume of white on the screen. Maybe the background can go to a light green similar to the avatar border with a different shade of green or yellow there. Or default to a gold font like the next page icon on a dark green background?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i just turn my brightness down at night. i also have a 'night" mode, but i usually just tone down the brightness. I wouldn't add background color, i've never been a website that made good use of background color. Not saying it couldn't be done, but i haven't seen it.

OP
OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will look into creating another wide screen theme that has darker colors. I will most likely be hitting a few of you up to get some color/shading suggestions.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please not pink. I hate when the NFL engages in "raising awareness" for these profiteers .

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Please not pink. I hate when the NFL engages in "raising awareness" for these profiteers .

How about coral or salmon? ;)

I actually love the white pages. Seems so clear and crisp to drool my opinions all over.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I think this one would burn my retinas after awhile!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was mentioning Pink in October for Breast Cancer awareness month, then brown for Mens health month. :p And that "nod" is already in place like the last themes. ;)

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i just noticed this morning, my "agree", like, disagree, winner etc post ratings have disappeared. I have quote, reply on the lower right and report on the left, but that's it. This is on desktop, have not been on mobile yet.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
i just noticed this morning, my "agree", like, disagree, winner etc post ratings have disappeared. I have quote, reply on the lower right and report on the left, but that's it. This is on desktop, have not been on mobile yet.

Maybe somebody took your voting privileges away ;)

Mine are still working. Do you know how to clear your cache? If you do, try that. It will reload the program. But before you clear your cache, do you have all your passwords saved or memorized. For some, this will clear those out as well.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get my cache cleared every time my wife goes shopping

ETA: Poker, to borrow a line from the drill sergeant, you're a G.D genius! I have my buttons back!

Last edited:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
New glitch tonight, not sure if this is related.
Previously when I would click on a thrread from the new posts list, I'd get to the post after the last post I read {post A} in that thread. I could then read the rest of the posts in the thread. When done, my browser back button would take me back to the new posts list if I haven't advanced to the next page. Tonight when I hit the browser back button, I go back to {post A} even if I scrolled but one line. I then can use the back button to get to the list. This two step process is new.
Lubuntu 14 with SeaMonkey 2.46

ETA: It does a nifty page scroll before it lands on post A with the back button.

OP
OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sorry for the delayed response but is this still the case for you? The thread ratings should all be good still.

OP
OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New glitch tonight, not sure if this is related.
Previously when I would click on a thrread from the new posts list, I'd get to the post after the last post I read {post A} in that thread. I could then read the rest of the posts in the thread. When done, my browser back button would take me back to the new posts list if I haven't advanced to the next page. Tonight when I hit the browser back button, I go back to {post A} even if I scrolled but one line. I then can use the back button to get to the list. This two step process is new.
Lubuntu 14 with SeaMonkey 2.46

ETA: It does a nifty page scroll before it lands on post A with the back button.

I'll look into this and see what I can find out.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry for the delayed response but is this still the case for you? The thread ratings should all be good still.
everything is working great, Poker told me to get rid of all my cache, so I did. Can you believe it actually worked LOL.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Using the browser on my Samsung Smart TV right now. Samsung, in their infinite wisdom, decided to sell "smart" tvs with web capabilities but few software updates. This browser is out of date. It's like "web slogging". The ads interfere with the performance a great deal. Users should update their browsers for the best experience with the forum. In fact, I had to quit using the TV browser to finish this post on my laptop. There's not much you can do about that Rob. Old browsers can't handle more recent programming. But it was a good reminder to make sure the browsers were updated on all my devices.

Members online

Latest posts