Announcement New Look and Feel

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
hahaha... just wanted to put some more content, Packer related stuff on here. Plus it helps pay the bills. ;)

OK, so now when I buy even more sports related stuff, I'll just tell the wife it's for the good of the forum. When that fails, I'll just tell her it's Rob's fault. :whistling:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I also have a fun suggestion. Since we have an emoticon with a little guy drinking coffee, could we get one with a guy drinking beer? ;) After all, we DO have a beer thread. :)

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Rob, I`ve just realised something. I don`t appear to be able to get to the shoutbox anymore. Is there a new way I haven`t realised ???

SORRY ! I FOUND IT.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Rob, I`ve just realised something. I don`t appear to be able to get to the shoutbox anymore. Is there a new way I haven`t realised ???

SORRY ! I FOUND IT.

Oh hell......I guess they didn't hide it good enough....he found it! Back to the drawing board! :coffee:

OP
OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So all the adverts I now see on here are normal ??

Gotta pay the bills somehow. They max out at 4 ads. One of which is way down in the footer. And thread pages have a max of 3, again, one being way down in the footer. You feel like you are being over loaded with ads?

OP
OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, so now when I buy even more sports related stuff, I'll just tell the wife it's for the good of the forum. When that fails, I'll just tell her it's Rob's fault. :whistling:

Hahaha, whatever you gotta tell her! I'll vouch for you! ;)

OP
OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

SORRY ! I FOUND IT.

This used to be on the home page, but it was causing some heavy load issues when the Packers had a bad loss or the playoffs. So we moved it to its own section/page. I may rename shoutbox to chat, just FYI.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Gotta pay the bills somehow. They max out at 4 ads. One of which is way down in the footer. And thread pages have a max of 3, again, one being way down in the footer. You feel like you are being over loaded with ads?

No, not at all Rob. I`m just not used to them yet. I just remember the old membership saying there would be less ads, but as you say you need to pay the bills. No complaints, just observing is all.

OP
OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, not at all Rob. I`m just not used to them yet. I just remember the old membership saying there would be less ads, but as you say you need to pay the bills. No complaints, just observing is all.

Yeah didn't think you were complaining, I just like to get as much feedback on the changes as possible so I can fix things that might be off, haha. :)

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
OK, signing on from my daughter's house in NJ. Part of the reason people don't use the gallery is because it is too hard to find. Maybe giving it it's own tag would help.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
My lubunto PC has been scavenged for parts so you don't need to figure out what my issue was anymore.
Just found that the latest Firefox update does it on Win10 pro. Must be something in how Mozilla coded the back button feature. Chrome doesn't do it.

Cheese Head

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I joined today and I have to tell you I took a glance at a few Packers Forums before signing up and well one reason was this was the top one on the Google Search so I thought it was probably the most active, but the look of the forum page was sweet. I really liked the Cheese Heads next to each of the thread section and it looked like it was easy to navigate around here which it kind of is. Glad I did choose this place to discuss Packers football since I don't live in Title Town any longer this place will be awesome.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Cheese Head.....pull of a wedge....not a wedgie......and enjoy yourself. Few of us take ourselves too seriously, so you don't have to either.

Go Pack Go!

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Just thought I would mention a minor issue. I've been learning Linux. I have a son (Packer Fan) who works for google and he got me interested in it. When I'm running Chrome in Linux, the shoutbox has three parallel lines, blue, red, white across the space for writing any comment. It's hard to see what I am typing. This only happens in the Linux OS platform (running Ubuntu 18). It doesn't happen in Windoze. So it is only a minor issue, but something that might be worth checking out in all that leisure time you have Rob. :whistling:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Just thought I would mention a minor issue. I've been learning Linux. I have a son (Packer Fan) who works for google and he got me interested in it. When I'm running Chrome in Linux, the shoutbox has three parallel lines, blue, red, white across the space for writing any comment. It's hard to see what I am typing. This only happens in the Linux OS platform (running Ubuntu 18). It doesn't happen in Windoze. So it is only a minor issue, but something that might be worth checking out in all that leisure time you have Rob. :whistling:
Does hit happen in Sea Monkey? I gave up on Linux after about 6 years as issues like that just kept getting more numerous. That and my son became a Windoze tech and gave me a newer box.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Does hit happen in Sea Monkey? I gave up on Linux after about 6 years as issues like that just kept getting more numerous. That and my son became a Windoze tech and gave me a newer box.

Ha! I don't use Sea Monkey. I don't think we should ever let our sons meet. My son refers to himself as a "White Hat Hacker" and he claims Microsoft products are the simplest ones in the world to hack into. He really has little respect for Microsoft. Of course, he thinks the world of Google and android, heh heh heh..

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is this still a Packer forum? The Bucks have the same level of importance according to the topic headers. The Packers should have their own section with some sub topics and those sub topics can be on the same level as the bucks and brewers.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Is this still a Packer forum? The Bucks have the same level of importance according to the topic headers. The Packers should have their own section with some sub topics and those sub topics can be on the same level as the bucks and brewers.

Not sure what you mean?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts