Announcement New Look and Feel

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a feeling the white selection bar is supposed to be mouse hover activated and it isn't playing well. Doesn't roll back up when the mouse leaves the area.

OP
OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only other thing I might add and it's really minor.......if I click on a new post in the new post column or my alert box, the new post pops up and 1/4 of it is buried under the top of the screen. Just a quick scroll fixes it, nothing major, but wasn't doing that before the change.

Yeah that is actually the #1 thing for me to fix. Its super annoying to me too, lol.

OP
OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a feeling the white selection bar is supposed to be mouse hover activated and it isn't playing well. Doesn't roll back up when the mouse leaves the area.

I can change it to a mouse hover, but for now its secondary options & search within that white bar that is always visible.

OP
OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So is there a way to start the posts below that white bar?

Yes correct. I removed the "fixed" property for now until I do some trickery to get that work right. But the fixed nature will come back and have the right jump position/location.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
I dont know if you can do it but I wouldent mind a reduced contrast version of the website for a nighttime mode or something, the bright colors is kinda hurting on the eyes at night.

Sky King

Reaction score
Earlier today I upgraded the iOS due to the warning Apple posted. After the download the "New Posts" is no longer present even when I rotate the phone. Cause or effect: who knows? But I sure do miss the feature. I have a feeling it's still there somewhere because it's still present when I use my iPad and PC.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Earlier today I upgraded the iOS due to the warning Apple posted. After the download the "New Posts" is no longer present even when I rotate the phone. Cause or effect: who knows? But I sure do miss the feature. I have a feeling it's still there somewhere because it's still present when I use my iPad and PC.
Same issue on my S7.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was happy after you gave me that tidbit earlier, because I love "new posts" :) Than later it was no where to be found. I suspect he's doing some work on it, because I did not upgrade or change anything on my phone and it disappeared there too. it's still on my desktop though.

OP
OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If you look at the site on your desktop, you will see that the new posts button is the 5th button on the secondary nav bar. I am going to be switching the order so its the first option instead of the 5th options. This should make it visible on everyones phone going forward.

OP
OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, the scrolling to the latest content jump should be fixed. Also, the "New Posts" link should be displayed correctly on a mobile device.

Let me know of any other issues you guys might run into.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Okay, the scrolling to the latest content jump should be fixed. Also, the "New Posts" link should be displayed correctly on a mobile device.

Let me know of any other issues you guys might run into.

I still have part of the new post covered up by the top bar when I first open it. Like I said, isn't a big deal to me, I just click and pull it down to fully see.

OP
OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still have part of the new post covered up by the top bar when I first open it. Like I said, isn't a big deal to me, I just click and pull it down to fully see.

It might be a browser cache issue, but I do have a fix in there. (at least it should be, lol) Are you able to clear your browser's cache and see if it gets fixed?

Members online

Latest posts