New Alternate uniforms

Brett Favre 4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about the throwback uniforms that we are supposed to wear this season? I heard they will be different from the Acme ones that we have wore the last 5 seasons.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about the throwback uniforms that we are supposed to wear this season? I heard they will be different from the Acme ones that we have wore the last 5 seasons.
as far as I know nothing has been announced... My best educated guess would be something from 1927,28 or 1935,36

35,36 would be my choice

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
'35 was the first time the color green was used in the uniform. It's a good bet that might be the one--but they were pretty homely, imo.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Joe Nor Cal Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
'35 was the first time the color green was used in the uniform. It's a good bet that might be the one--but they were pretty homely, imo.

Wow those are homely uniforms. Taken in 1935, the actual colors may not be coming through but sure looks like green and gold to me! Thx JBlood.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Do you like 27 28 better?

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you like 27 28 better?
Yes, the "13 vertical stripes" fit nicely with our current number of Championships. I'd pretty much be ok with anything the Packers come up with, as long as they reproduce the original uniform as closely as possible.

Here is the definitive site for the history of Packers uniforms through the years: http://packersuniforms.blogspot.com/2010/05/free-market-is-alive-and-well.html

I'm old enough to remember some of the '50s uniforms, but since there was very little color tv I guess I never knew what was blue and what was green. I like them both.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really like the potential of the 23 jersey. You would have to add numbers and name plates. I think you make the jersey solid gold and then have them wear the compression sleeves with the stripes. Not sure what they would wear for pants with that look.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, the "13 vertical stripes" fit nicely with our current number of Championships. I'd pretty much be ok with anything the Packers come up with, as long as they reproduce the original uniform as closely as possible.

Here is the definitive site for the history of Packers uniforms through the years: http://packersuniforms.blogspot.com/2010/05/free-market-is-alive-and-well.html

I'm old enough to remember some of the '50s uniforms, but since there was very little color tv I guess I never knew what was blue and what was green. I like them both.

They remind me of those awfull Pittsburgh uniforms, but thats just me

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Chance runs a great site. He is at the the top of my list for Packer fans I would most like to sit and talk to.

(Helmets is 2nd but he wont ever tell me about his collection)

OP
OP
Brett Favre 4

Brett Favre 4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really like the potential of the 23 jersey. You would have to add numbers and name plates. I think you make the jersey solid gold and then have them wear the compression sleeves with the stripes. Not sure what they would wear for pants with that look.

I do as well, I would want to see navy pants to go along with the yellow/gold tops.

Voltron

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This is a Great guess.. I like these. Since they have NFL uniform code this can fit with todays code regarding numbers and what ever else is required on the jersey. For example the old Jerseys that said Acme Packers on the front would not qualify bc they want the number on the front of the shirt.

D

Deleted member 6794

Here are the Packers new throwbacks:

Voltron

Cheesehead
Reaction score
whats strange is that Nike and GB would go with a style that you can sill get. The mitchell and Ness version is still available, and sells for less than the Nike version.

Voltron

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know one person who won't be buying one.
i have the Mitchell and Ness version and I only wesr the throwbacks on the days they wear the throw back uniform, since the Nike version is not much different from the Mitchell version, i dont think will be getting the Nike version, im just going to wear the mitchell version.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Always thought this was the best pic of the '94 alternate unis:

Members online

Latest posts