Never trust Da Bears

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This reminded me of Cam Newton tearing down the Packers sign in Charlotte. Wearing opposing colors on the sidelines seems to cross over a moral bar for me, but it shouldn't be enforceable. Unless the Bears had a dress code in the fine print, this guy seems to have a legitimate argument. All in all, this is the epitome of off-season news!

A nice dig at the end of the article:
Then again, we shouldn’t count out Beckman so easily. It’s been awhile since anyone wearing Packers colors has been successfully kept from doing whatever they want on Soldier Field.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
May be a public stadium but the Bears "lease" it via the NFL for a private performance. Thus they can control what happens inside the ticketed area. They just overlooked that someone may get in and not be a Bears fan. They put it in the fine print for next time I betcha. Nice story but even if he wins this time, he loses to their lawyers in the future.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In some cities (Oakland, Cleveland, etc.), I would suspect that rabid fans may follow such an individual out of the stadium and ensure that he doesn't disrespect their team again. That's just my own speculation based upon stories one hears.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay, here's the deal. Having Bears season tickets is a privilege (some would say "burden") and not a right. It is subject to terms and conditions and I'm sure one of those terms is that changes can be made to the existing terms and conditions in the form of written notices. They sent out notices that opposing teams' gear would not be allowed on the field. Mr. Beckman decided to violate it anyway. There's no first amendment problem here. The Bears have a right to have anyone removed from the field and/or stadium for whatever reason they see fit. I despise the Bears as much as anyone, but I also despise frivolous lawsuits and that's exactly what this is.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
can an equipment guy run on the field before the game? can staff go check field conditions? can players go warm up? or do they need to change into Bear's attire before doing so? This whole thing is dumb. if youre going to let fans on the field, better make sure they're the right kind of fans first.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
can an equipment guy run on the field before the game? can staff go check field conditions? can players go warm up? or do they need to change into Bear's attire before doing so? This whole thing is dumb. if youre going to let fans on the field, better make sure they're the right kind of fans first.

Are you saying team staff and fans are the same thing?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you saying team staff and fans are the same thing?
I'm saying who cares. It's people standing on a field or sideline pregame. It's stupid from every freaking angle. Dumbest lawsuit and dumbest defenses I've heard. Unless you're an employee of the Bears, they don't have jack to say about what a fan wears.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm saying who cares. It's people standing on a field or sideline pregame. It's stupid from every freaking angle. Dumbest lawsuit and dumbest defenses I've heard. Unless you're an employee of the Bears, they don't have jack to say about what a fan wears.

No, but they have full authority over where a fan can and cannot go on the property for whatever reason they wish.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, but they have full authority over where a fan can and cannot go on the property for whatever reason they wish.
it's dumb that they think they do. from now on, nobody in a Packer Jersey can sit anywhere a TV camera may catch him. Opposing Jerseys only allowed in rows 75 and higher. just wait till the make a wish kid like Aaron Rodgers and wears a Rodgers Jersey, nope dude, can't come on the field, we're the Bears and have this need to try and micromanage everything surrounding a game of competition and rivalry LOL. It's a guy on the sidelines for pregame, he's hardly the only packer wearing guy there. It's dumb. i'd be embarassed if the Packers tried pulling something like this

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it's dumb that they think they do. from now on, nobody in a Packer Jersey can sit anywhere a TV camera may catch him. Opposing Jerseys only allowed in rows 75 and higher. just wait till the make a wish kid like Aaron Rodgers and wears a Rodgers Jersey, nope dude, can't come on the field, we're the Bears and have this need to try and micromanage everything surrounding a game of competition and rivalry LOL. It's a guy on the sidelines for pregame, he's hardly the only packer wearing guy there. It's dumb. i'd be embarassed if the Packers tried pulling something like this

Here's the thing. It doesn't matter if you think it's dumb or not. It's their right. Personally, I wouldn't want a bunch of Bears fans lining the sidelines at Lambeau either. It would be sacrilege. I don't think you understand how deep and nasty the rivalry is between these two teams. This is specifically a perk they give to their season ticket holders and if they want the T & C of that right to include no opposing jerseys, so be it. Frankly, they probably did it because they don't want opposing fans causing a ruckus on the field. While very very few Packer fans are likely to do that, Philly fans and Browns fans sure as hell would.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's also the thing, they allow fans on the field, they allow fans into the stadium, it's a football game. Micromanage everything and you'll have nothing. It wasn't for "bears" fans, it was for season ticket holders, of which he was one. My brother is also a ticket holder at the VIkings new stadium. Purchased only so he'd be guaranteed the Packer game there every year.

and we'll see if it's "their right" as they don't limit fan wear anywhere else in the stadium. You're either allowing them or you're not. I do understand the rivalry, been a part of it for decades and i wouldn't use "nasty" to describe it since 86 or so.

H

HardRightEdge

I glanced at that OP title and for a second I thought is was about De Beers. Are they selling counterfeit diamonds, I wondered for a second? Then I came to my senses and realized you were talking about the Bears. They are selling counterfeit football.

musky60

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I am asking if any Packer season ticket holder would like to swap two (2) tickets for Bears-Packers @ Lambeau with two (2) tickets for Bear-Packers @ Soldier Field?

Soldier Field seats are in Section 253 (North End Zone), a great view and good late season matchup.
I will gladly pay any difference in cost if your seats are better and/or cost more.

[email protected]

DCPack80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt the guy wins. Team will probably say he has the right to wear whatever in his seats but claim its a safety issue or some nonsense if they let him go on the field

musky60

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Offer still stands - No nonsense or strings attached.

I am asking if any Packer season ticket holder would like to swap two (2) tickets for Bears-Packers @ Lambeau with two (2) tickets for Bear-Packers @ Soldier Field?

Soldier Field seats are in Section 253 (North End Zone), a great view and good mid season matchup.
I will gladly pay any difference in cost if your seats are better and/or cost more.

[email protected]

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Offer still stands - No nonsense or strings attached.

If I had season tickets I wouldn't do it. As I don't wanna see a game in that toilet bowl of a stadium. Unless the Packers are there for another NFC Championship Game appearance than maybe.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I glanced at that OP title and for a second I thought is was about De Beers. Are they selling counterfeit diamonds, I wondered for a second? Then I came to my senses and realized you were talking about the Bears. They are selling counterfeit football.
Yeah, it's great, ain't it? I enjoy their misery.

Staff online

Latest posts