Week 12: Da Bears at Packers - Sun 11/29, 8:20pm

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
no he's not. those are real points he made. he still picked the Packers to win and said it could be by a large margin.
as for the your 14 point embarrassment margin...that's pretty much what everyone expected in the min and jac games. if the Packers don't come into this chi game ready it'll end up looking like those games...ugly. i'm hoping/expecting an easy W but you never know about division games.

Agreed

Packer fans should be pretty familiar with this scenario "Packers favored at home against an inferior team". How many times have we seen them lay an egg? While they beat Jacksonville last week 2 weeks ago, I would say an egg was laid. Same with the Viking game. Last year we saw them take a big dump hosting the Eagles and barely squeak out wins VS. Washington and Detroit.

So yeah, most Packer fans expect a win today, but the Packers are still going to have to play pretty well to beat a division rival with a very good defense and a QB that is looking to save his career.

Mavster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Andy Herman is overthinking this. If the Packers don't win this game by 14 they should be embarrassed.

That's ludicrous. The Bears are better than GB in 2 of the 3 phases of the game & have only given up 20 points or more 5 times this season. Yea their offense stinks, but I'll still be thoroughly impressed if GB wins by 14. Your expectations are a touch high

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's ludicrous. The Bears are better than GB in 2 of the 3 phases of the game & have only given up 20 points or more 5 times this season. Yea their offense stinks, but I'll still be thoroughly impressed if GB wins by 14. Your expectations are a touch high

Well, I might have gone with that margin if Foles was starting tonight. But I think Nagy is going to be calling the game a bit differently tonight with Trub starting and it won't be the same Bears offense we saw 2 weeks ago.

But I think we take this because Rodgers has just about done it all against them. He always pulls the Rocky Balboa even when you think he's down for the count.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So here's the scoop

Saints got to 9-2 - no surprise with the Broncos current predicament

Chiefs dropped the Bucs to 7-5

Both the Rams and Cardinals lost dropping them to 7-4 and 6-5 respectively

And the Vikes won

Seahawks play the crappy NFC East tomorrow

We need to win tonight to get a good grip on the second seed and be right there for when KC knocks down the Saints (hopefully).

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well it's going to stay close if we don't shut Montgomery down. Its unfortunate his first name is David and not Ty.

If we made Trubisky throw all game we'd whip them. Unfortunately our run stop defense is a liability.

Chaluke

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't say they were good at containing either a mobile or immobile QB, I just said the mobile ones can give them more fits. lol

Maybe I am still suffering from PTSD from Kapernick?
Yeah- Kap always had our number and it was so frustrating!

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love the way the ball is being spread around.
Did The Pack play looser on that last bear drive? why?
I kind of like it that they scored and now hopefully we will continue to bear down. I absolutely see no good reason for a prevent type D when you get a lead. Just takes away momentum and gives it to the other guys. And it sure does not keep them from scoring or use up much time.

Chaluke

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love the way the ball is being spread around.
Did The Pack play looser on that last bear drive? why?
I kind of like it that they scored and now hopefully we will continue to bear down. I absolutely see no good reason for a prevent type D when you get a lead. Just takes away momentum and gives it to the other guys. And it sure does not keep them from scoring or use up much time.
That last defensive series was not pretty. Hopefully the D can get a stop in the first series of the 2nd half otherwise the Bears will continue to develop momentum.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's still a three possession game. I seriously doubt the Bears offense is capable of that. Unless they score on defense or special teams this one should be a wrap.

Chaluke

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's still a three possession game. I seriously doubt the Bears offense is capable of that. Unless they score on defense or special teams this one should be a wrap.
I'm getting closer to agreeing with a probable win- just give me until the start of the 4th with a three possession win. I think I may have Packer PSTD. :)

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was thinking, one more TD and then take their foot off the gas, but after that hit... Now I hope they go for the points record. No need for that type of hit.