Week 12: Da Bears at Packers - Sun 11/29, 8:20pm

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I'm done stewing about the Colts game loss now. 7-3, and we now got a very favorable slate of games coming up, and an opportunity to win out from here.

Our guys should be ready to kick *** after this last one, and I can't think of who better to do it against than the Bears on Sunday night. Thinking we get somewhat of an old school style Packers Bears battle that's physical and not too high scoring. But something like 20-10.

Now ... according to this, it looks like they could be going back to MTrub

https://bearswire.usatoday.com/2020...-appears-on-track-start-nick-foles-matt-nagy/

Kinda bummed about that because Nick Foles has been a stinko with no accuracy this season, and I wanted to ensure we beat them by even more. Trubisky hasn't really been much better, but he is more mobile as opposed to Foles being a sitting duck back there behind the rat bag Bears OL.

Keys to beating them are pretty simple. Halt David Montgomery in his tracks, keep the kickoffs away from Cordarelle Patterson, and no special teams gaffes or turnovers on our part to give them short fields.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I think having Mitch back would be a bad thing for the Packers. He is a more mobile QB and that can give the Packers more fits than a stationary QB. Even worse for the Packers, I think Mitch would be motivated as hell to play the game of his life and as if his career depended on it. His contract is up at the end of this year and the Bears did not exercise his 5th year option. So I am hoping Foles is ready to go Sunday and the Bears start him over Turdbiscuit. Even better, neither guy is ready and Tyler Bray is the starter.

The Bears are coming off a bye week, their defense is a good one, and if Mitch gets the start, he has been able to prepare for this potential final audition for 13 days now. This could be a tougher game for the Packers than some want to think it will be if he gets the start.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think having Mitch back would be a bad thing for the Packers. He is a more mobile QB and that can give the Packers more fits than a stationary QB. Even worse for the Packers, I think Mitch would be motivated as hell to play the game of his life and as if his career depended on it. His contract is up at the end of this year and the Bears did not exercise his 5th year option. So I am hoping Foles is ready to go Sunday and the Bears start him over Turdbiscuit. Even better, neither guy is ready and Tyler Bray is the starter.

The Bears are coming off a bye week, their defense is a good one, and if Mitch gets the start, he has been able to prepare for this potential final audition for 13 days now. This could be a tougher game for the Packers than some want to think it will be if he gets the start.
Pack just played a non mobile qb..and?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

I didn't say they were good at containing either a mobile or immobile QB, I just said the mobile ones can give them more fits. lol

Maybe I am still suffering from PTSD from Kapernick?

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think the key would be more in the context of Bears QBs alone. Foles isn't just less mobile, his accuracy is also so bad that if our offense forced theirs to have to score points and abandon the run, they'd get nothing going with him. Whereas with Trubisky, he's no big passing threat either, but his being more mobile does give the Bears offense more options than they got under Foles.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So I am hoping Foles is ready to go Sunday and the Bears start him over Turdbiscuit.

They may have been planning to go back to Trubisky all along though even if Foles was healthy. Matt Nagy I'm sure realized his decision to go all in on the Foles ship has put his team on a 4 game losing streak, and if he doesn't make some kind of change, he'll miss the playoffs and get fired.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also ... Bears so far are 1-4 against teams with winning records this year. If we win, we'll drop em to 1-5 in that category.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The few times I have watched Foles; he just has not had any time. And he is a QB that needs some time imho. The bear O line looks very bad.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've seen him way off on throws even when his protection has held up.

But as the news reports are saying, it's pretty likely we got Trubisky starting.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Montravious Adams evidently out for season. Toe. He is an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Montravious Adams evidently out for season. Toe. He is an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season.

Disappointing 3rd rounder out of TT's final draft class. While Aaron Jones and Williams were silver linings of that class, oh if we could only do it all over again. I still remember thinking that TJ Watt was ours! Then, BOOM...we trade out of the first and get King (and Vince Biegel with the picks), Josh Jones and Montravious Adams :poop::poop::poop:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Matt Nagy announced that Mitch Trubisky will start aginst the Packers Monday morning (just for you Poker ;))

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Matt Nagy announced that Mitch Trubisky will start aginst the Packers Monday morning (just for you Poker ;))

:eek::eek::eek: YIKES! My worst nightmare right? :cautious::poop:

This is going to be one motivated Mitch and possibly his teammates will feel the same if they like him.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
andy herman mentioned some things this morning to take into consideration. bears are coming off a bye so they're well rested. the Packers D just came off a game where they were on the field for 85 freaking plays so they're beat up and tired. the bears are much better in 2 of the 3 phases (D and ST) than the Packers. the bears are well motivated as they're only two back and see the Packers on the final day of the season. the biscuit is more mobile than foles and will have a chip on his shoulder. Lambeau isn't an advantage this season as we've already seen. there were other things but those were the major things. they're not a team to be taken lightly.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
andy herman mentioned some things this morning to take into consideration. bears are coming off a bye so they're well rested. the Packers D just came off a game where they were on the field for 85 freaking plays so they're beat up and tired. the bears are much better in 2 of the 3 phases (D and ST) than the Packers. the bears are well motivated as they're only two back and see the Packers on the final day of the season. the biscuit is more mobile than foles and will have a chip on his shoulder. Lambeau isn't an advantage this season as we've already seen. there were other things but those were the major things. they're not a team to be taken lightly.

Agreed. Second team the Packers will face after that team had a full bye week, Vikings were the other team. I would rather have faced Foles. I would also add that the Bears defense is pretty damn good. Turnovers could very well decide this game and the Packers shouldn't expect a W if they turn the ball over 4 times again. Would be nice to get Tyler Ervin back. Not that he is a superstar, but he seems to add something to the Packer offense, as well as I just don't want to see Shepherd fielding kickoffs or punts.

jon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lots of pessimism in this thread.

Reading between the lines it seems to me that everyone understands that this is the Bears, after all, so GB will win, but the underlying feeling that the Packers are not as elite as many would like to think, as 14-4 last year would suggest, is not lying very far under the surface.

It's game day, men. There's no room for this kind of talk. Crush those bastards.

38 - 9 Green Bay wins.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Andy Herman is overthinking this. If the Packers don't win this game by 14 they should be embarrassed.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Wish we were playing Denver today. :roflmao: With all 4 QB's out due to Covid, the Broncos asked the NFL if they could sign offensive quality control coach Rob Calabrese as a player and let him suit up, they were denied.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wish we were playing Denver today. :roflmao: With all 4 QB's out due to Covid, the Broncos asked the NFL if they could sign offensive quality control coach Rob Calabrese as a player and let him suit up, they were denied.

Makes today's game even bigger though since the Saints effectively get a bye week.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Bad analysis and the Bears won't be seeing any help from wind affecting the passing game tonight.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Andy Herman is overthinking this. If the Packers don't win this game by 14 they should be embarrassed.
no he's not. those are real points he made. he still picked the Packers to win and said it could be by a large margin.
as for the your 14 point embarrassment margin...that's pretty much what everyone expected in the min and jac games. if the Packers don't come into this chi game ready it'll end up looking like those games...ugly. i'm hoping/expecting an easy W but you never know about division games.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts