Nervousness about Oakland K.C.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Maybe I'm ignorant, but I got a feeling these games are going to be tough down the stretch.

Oakland will have their work horse back in Darren McFadden whom has totally destroyed defenses all year long.
Mostly what worries me about the Raiders is that defense, I just have this weary picture in my head of them getting to Rodgers, and everyone knows the Raiders like to be tough and physical when they put you on the ground, while on the other side McFadden could easily rip us to shreds with our bad defense. Carson Palmer has never been the same since that injury he took in the playoffs against Pittsburgh, but right now he is earning his dues.

K.C. on the other hand, I'm not worried about the offense, but this team some how shut out Pittsburgh in the second half (despite all the penalties in the Steelers favor) the Steelers could not even get a field goal. It was the Chiefs game to lose off the arm of Palko and Bowe not even trying to tip a bad pass, which was forced into coverage. This game is on the road, and we've had a history dating back to the Favre era in which the Chiefs have beat us. Remember, they were the last team Favre couldn't beat as a Packer, and that last time we played them in 2007, we won off Charles Woodson's pick 6. I could be wrong about this game, but I think it's going to be a lot tougher than we expect, cause their defense has worked some magic against good teams this year.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Raider game has a potentional to be a trap game, but I think our offense will shred their secondary and their offense might score a good 20-some odd points but it won't match up to our point production, resulting in a Packers win. Remember, our defense is really coming on strong ever since the MNF game vs. Vikings.

Cheifs don't worry me a bit. I can see Woodson getting his second pick 6 in that game, and our offense will score at least 21 points. We win their too.

The game I am worried about is this Giants game. They are coming off of a couple loses, and now they are hungry and at HOME. However, Eli might get over zealous and get owned by interceptions.

At the end of the day I have full faith in our team going 16-0, and eventually winning back-to-back super bowls.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd be more weary of the Raiders out of those two. They've had a good season and have some momentum going. But I think our crushing offensive line will roll right over them in the end. Hopefully our D will be kicking tail on a consistent basis by then. It's just something they will have to game plan for. Like anyone else this season, line 'em up, knock 'em down, onto the next. The only think I could see causing a hiccup is the pressure to maintain the perfect season. These games are at the end, how much is that going to be in their heads?

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Not worried about playing either team. I was impressed at how Romeo Crennel was able to get his defense to play well against the Steelers though, who knows if that's how it will be when we play them although, Pittsburgh's offense hasn't exactly been very dominant this year. But at the same time the Chiefs have a QB problem and overall are a mess on offense.

We get the Raiders at home that that is always an advantage. Especially this time of year. Not too worried about their defense or their offense. McFadden is a beast but that's really all they have. There really isn't anybody we have to worry about covering as far as receivers go and we've been pretty respectable against the run this year.

Our defense has been improving over the last few games too. Save that stinker against Tampa I have a feeling within the next couple weeks our defense is going to start to peak. And that's really what happened to us last year. Our defense didn't hit their stride until late in the season leading up to the playoffs

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Oakland has a potential offense to challenge us other than McFadden. They have been winning without him, so he can't be all they got, but that defense really bothers me. They are like Tampa and Detroit but not as dirty, and that's Oakland style baby, they've always had that reputation of knocking you down as hard as they can, it's just in their mentality. If Rolando McClain is suspended, that's a huge help, but Wimbley is going to be a problem I think, as i can see him getting to Rodgers as bad as the Vikings did. Going back to the Minnesota blow out, their defensive line really challenged us. That would have been a much closer game if the Vikings had a good offense.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I would not be shocked if Oakland loses in Miami this weekend. Miami has had their number over the years and it smells like a bit of a trap game to me if they look ahead to the Packers game. Oakland fans sound obsessed with the Packers game on their forums too. Win or lose this weekend that team does need McFadden back. McFadden may not be 100% though if he returns against the Packers. He is just not healing as fast as they had hoped.

I am still not sold on Oakland. The D can be decent against the pass at times but the run D gets shredded a lot, they give up the most yards per carry in the league so if there is a game for the Packers to get the run going it's in this one. Palmer has been good at times but still throws too many picks. I am sure Oakland would love to have all injured players back for the Packers and are planning on it.

Chiefs don't score TDs on offense it seems lately but they can get to the QB at times. Romeo managed to nail Brady even for a full half in NE.

Neither of these teams really are as good as GB. GB just has more offense/talent and will be at home for the Raiders game too.

I would not pick either to beat the Packers even if one of them gives you a tough game.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Maybe I'm ignorant, but I got a feeling these games are going to be tough down the stretch.

Oakland will have their work horse back in Darren McFadden whom has totally destroyed defenses all year long.
Mostly what worries me about the Raiders is that defense, I just have this weary picture in my head of them getting to Rodgers, and everyone knows the Raiders like to be tough and physical when they put you on the ground, while on the other side McFadden could easily rip us to shreds with our bad defense. Carson Palmer has never been the same since that injury he took in the playoffs against Pittsburgh, but right now he is earning his dues.

K.C. on the other hand, I'm not worried about the offense, but this team some how shut out Pittsburgh in the second half (despite all the penalties in the Steelers favor) the Steelers could not even get a field goal. It was the Chiefs game to lose off the arm of Palko and Bowe not even trying to tip a bad pass, which was forced into coverage. This game is on the road, and we've had a history dating back to the Favre era in which the Chiefs have beat us. Remember, they were the last team Favre couldn't beat as a Packer, and that last time we played them in 2007, we won off Charles Woodson's pick 6. I could be wrong about this game, but I think it's going to be a lot tougher than we expect, cause their defense has worked some magic against good teams this year.
Bogy, I say this with all respect. Lighten up man and enjoy this. Nothing you can change, were 11-0, don't look to far into it and just enjoy each game as it unfolds. Its tense and exciting but much less stressfull.:cool:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

I feel the same...People are so fast to dismiss any tea we play..They forget two things..

1- Every team is out to beat the past SB winners
2- Every team wants to end your un defeated season

No matter their record they try extra hard when they play a team that fits those categories...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Bogy, I say this with all respect. Lighten up man and enjoy this. Nothing you can change, were 11-0, don't look to far into it and just enjoy each game as it unfolds. Its tense and exciting but much less stressfull.:cool:

If he is like me in this, he is enjoying it all, is "light" but just like any other season, worries about certain teams..This is no different..The real difference is that there are some thinking every game is a gimmie, when it isnt..

Tell me, before the season started, was there a game that you thought we might not be able to win?

I am pretty sure your answer would be yes...Well this is no different for Bog or me..

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score

I am enjoying it, just a little too used to winning as I don't ever want to lose, especially to the raiders!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raiders game would be a trap game if Carson Palmer didn't throw interceptions like a 2005 era Favre.
I can't decide or figure out if Carson Palmer is overrated or not.
While he's not exactly a household name, he almost seems to be.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
I can't decide or figure out if Carson Palmer is overrated or not.
While he's not exactly a household name, he almost seems to be.
He is a B grade QB. Not an elite guy but a good QB nonetheless. Like Matt Ryan or McNabb (Philly McNabb not current).

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is a B grade QB. Not an elite guy but a good QB nonetheless. Like Matt Ryan or McNabb (Philly McNabb not current).
Yeah. Exactly.
Carson Palmer is a playoff loser too.

Good enough to start but not enough to be elite.
I think he'll just be one of those lost among all the names of former players when he retires.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't see anybody beating the Packers with the way they are focused and playing.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I am enjoying it, just a little too used to winning as I don't ever want to lose, especially to the raiders!

Now I might be off base here but based on all the perfect season talk at times I have gotten the feeling it makes you a bit uneasy. Like you almost want to get a loss out of the way so it does not happen at the very worst time in the playoffs? I might be wrong though.

Aaron Rodgers has said the goal every week is 1-0. And he is right. I do think that if the Packers beat the Giants then another team who supposedly had the "potential" to knock off the Packers (like the Lions) is off the list. And the final two games are against division rivals but at home and Cutler is out.

Nobody wants to be what what the 2007 Pats or even 2009 Colts were. The fear is understandable too. When a team wins every single week and it's your beloved team then the ride is very exciting but also at times a bit scary since you sometimes get paranoid too.

The 2011 Packers will write their own story. I think it will end well.

I might be wrong but I just sense nervousness from you at times about winning every single game. And the win streak for the Packers is becoming just that much more amazing every week.

It's gonna be okay. :) I honestly don't ever remember seeing a team like this where not only did I expect them to win every week I felt comfortable in it happening every single week. Are there flaws? Yep. But, every team team in the league has flaws.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I would not be shocked if Oakland loses in Miami this weekend. Miami has had their number over the years and it smells like a bit of a trap game to me if they look ahead to the Packers game. Oakland fans sound obsessed with the Packers game on their forums too. Win or lose this weekend that team does need McFadden back. McFadden may not be 100% though if he returns against the Packers. He is just not healing as fast as they had hoped.

I am still not sold on Oakland. The D can be decent against the pass at times but the run D gets shredded a lot, they give up the most yards per carry in the league so if there is a game for the Packers to get the run going it's in this one. Palmer has been good at times but still throws too many picks. I am sure Oakland would love to have all injured players back for the Packers and are planning on it.

Chiefs don't score TDs on offense it seems lately but they can get to the QB at times. Romeo managed to nail Brady even for a full half in NE.

Neither of these teams really are as good as GB. GB just has more offense/talent and will be at home for the Raiders game too.

I would not pick either to beat the Packers even if one of them gives you a tough game.

Yeah I ended up going with Miami but wow I thought it would be much closer.

Still not sold on Oakland. Nope. A lot of traveling for them lately too.

Let's be honest. The Packers will/should win the next two games and get to 14-0. They should then beat the Bears who now have Cutler out and maybe Forte still by then and get to 15-0. It may come down to a freaking boy named Suh to knock off GB but it will be a cold day in hell when I choose GB with the perfect regular season on the line at home to to lose to the kitties.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So we are doing the weekly 'trap game prediction' threads two at a time now? I suppose that gives a fella 2x the chance to say 'see I told you so'.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
After watching KC vs the Bears today I came to the conclusion we should be able to beat KC...

Oakland still scares me sense we are starting to get weak on the defensive side, and with their running game I am concerned..

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
If he is like me in this, he is enjoying it all, is "light" but just like any other season, worries about certain teams..This is no different..The real difference is that there are some thinking every game is a gimmie, when it isnt..

Tell me, before the season started, was there a game that you thought we might not be able to win?

I am pretty sure your answer would be yes...Well this is no different for Bog or me..
12-0 baby

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts