Neal goes down in practice, MRI this afternoon. Please not another J. Harrell...

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he walked off on his own. well see. Its beyond early to think that the spot couldnt be filled.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well they said he could walk so idk not as bad as it seemed? They're still checking on him.

OP
OP
98Redbird

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Morgan Burnett played on his knee last season in the Lions game before they pulled him out and ended his season... Just because he walked off without assistance doesn't mean anything. By all accounts, it sounds like he tore something, but I'm hoping like all hell that he didn't...

MM said that he saw him go down and that it looked scary. Said in his presser "We were hoping for big things from Mike this season"... Doesn't sound too positive.

It's too early for this ****... Especially after last season. You've got to be kidding me.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy said it was a sprain in the press conference so idk, how bad is that?

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The fact it is already a problem with him scares me. If it isn't that bad how long will it be until it is serious?

OP
OP
98Redbird

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy said it was a sprain in the press conference so idk, how bad is that?

Put it this way... They called Al Harris' injury a sprain at first too. And his knee was so torn to shreds that the doctor putting it back together said that it was the worst he'd ever seen.

They always call it a sprain until the MRI comes back.

Keep your fingers crossed

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They didn't need him last season and they went five games without Cullen Jenkins.

I've been putting more faith in C.J. Wilson. Until Mike Neal can stay healthy then I expect very little from him. Let some young guys step up.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's hope the scan comes back negative, and Neal has another chance to prove he can stay on the field.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the OP had it right in the title. Mike Neal is looking to be the next Harrel. Big talk every preseason and we need him in a big way but goes down with a significant injury. Too bad for him and too bad for us. Hopefully there is someone out there we can bring in. Im not a huge Wynn fan and im not sure who else there could be behind him.

jrdulka

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Put it this way... They called Al Harris' injury a sprain at first too. And his knee was so torn to shreds that the doctor putting it back together said that it was the worst he'd ever seen.

They always call it a sprain until the MRI comes back.

Keep your fingers crossed

At this point, McCarthy using the word sprain just means its ligaments or tendons. Could be anything from a mild sprain to torn up.

The fact this was a non-contact injury is worrisome.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he walked off on his own. well see.
So did Ryan Grant last year.

Neal seems brittle... like he's a juicer who breaks down fragile, although on the outside he appears strong like bull.
I just wish they would have kept Cullen until Neal showed he could actually last a year.
Damn.

This was accurate by Vandermause:
he Packers lost Cullen Jenkins in free agency, and there has been some concern that if Neal, with an injury history, couldn’t stay healthy the Packers would be thin along the D-line.
Again, fans were right about Harrell right from the start. But obviously we must defer to TT because he brought us this team.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg Bedard and I joked for 2 years that every single Sunday night postgame presser, you had McCarthy calling everything a "sprain".

Knee sprain.
Ankle sprain.
Arm sprain.
Shoulder sprain.
Head sprain.

OP
OP
98Redbird

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Neal tweets that he's "A-OK" about an hour ago, apparently College asked him if he was okay... Hopefully this isn't a "Finley" from last year when he said he was fine, and then was placed on the IR...

Twitter

Members online

Latest posts