1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Myron Rolle

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by DTown SBrown, May 8, 2010.

1. DTown SBrown

DTown SBrown Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +48
    Is going to most likely not make the cuts in TN due to returning for finals at Oxford in June during Titans minicamp.

Hes listed at Safety and the Titans are loaded, so he didnt have a great chance in the first place.

How would you guys feel about TT taking a flyer on this kid who is a Rhodes Scholar? Hes got talent, hes smart, and he wants to play football for the next decade.

If this guy isnt our "type", I dont know who would be. Smart, dedicated, and athletic is a good mix, and if he gets cut loose, I would love to see him come in and try for a spot on the roster.

Thoughts?

2. DTown SBrown

DTown SBrown Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +48
    heres one pre-draft scouts report on him:

Strengths: Prototypical size and strength. Top intangibles; smart, hard worker, coach favorite. Looks very smooth in man coverage; has the athleticism and fluidity of a cornerback. Could play either safety position. Weaknesses: Did not play football in 2009 while studying as Rhodes Scholar at Oxford. Not the type of explosive hitter that you like to see from a strong safety. Speed is only average. Solid in all aspects of the game, but doesn't truly excel at anything. Comments: Rolle's stock will vary drastically from team to team. Some will view his intelligence as a positive intangible. Other coaches with a "meathead" mentality to football will be threatened by his intelligence and worry about his ability to fit in with his teammates. I have no such concerns, but there are certainly teams that will. The fact that he hasn't played in a year is a minor concern, its never easy to get back into the game after a full year off, but he has the work ethic necessary to make it.

3. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,274
    Teams rarely cut players they drafted before their first season. I would be shocked if this happened. If it does lets talk about it then, but until then its kind of pointless to discuss going after a player that was just drafted by another team.

4. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    We cut Jamon Meredith, David Clowney, Clark Harris, Tyrone Culver, etc. the same year that we drafted them. If Rolle gets cut then I'm all for it. I wasn't at all objective against having 3 SS on the roster during the draft. For now Rolle serves as a serviceable backup at best. A couple years of mentoring and coaching from our DB's and he'll be worthy trade material.

5. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    By the way the Titans also drafted one of my favorite safeties from the draft, Robert Johnson. I doubt BOTH Johnson and Rolle make the roster and one will be cut. I'd love for us to take either one but Johnson would be my preference. He was an awesome playmaker in college.

6. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,274
    ?? umm no we didnt. Meredith was put on the practice squad, and was signed off of it. Culver played two seasons with the packers.

Again its pointless to talk about signing a player that just got drafted. Lets talk about him when he gets put on the practice team or is cut.

7. DTown SBrown

DTown SBrown Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +48
    he was a late rounder, and could end up on the PS, in which case I would def be interested.