My 2020 mock draft V1.0

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK so this Mock doesn't include any trades and is based off of who I like and where they are going in most of the mocks I've seen /those I've done on TDN.

Round 1 pick 30 : Denzel Mimms, WR, Baylor.

He's a contested catch monster, had a steller senior bowl, tested well at the combine 4.38 forty time, 38.5" vert, 131" broad, 16 bench reps and a 6.66 second 3 cone.
And he's a good blocker something I think Lafleur would probably value.

Round 2 pick 62 : Lucas Niang, OT, TCU.

I'm not a OL expert but from what I saw of his play against OHIO St in 2018 and what I've read he's solid prospect and we need a RT.

Round 3 pick 94 : Jordan Elliott, IDL, Missouri.

This is a guy I really like he was the highest graded IDL in the draft by PFF even if you limited his to grades to just SEC games.
The sack production hasn't been there which is why I'm not as high on him as PFF, but I like what I've seen from the highlights/games I've seen of his and think he'd be great value in the 3rd round if available.

Round 4 pick 136 : Logan Wilson, ILB, Wyoming.

Another one of my draft favorites Wilson has had both a sack and a interception in every year of college football he's played.
He's also had over 100 tackles in two of his four seasons and over 90 in the others.

He had a solid Combine & senior bowl.

And over the last three seasons he's been graded highly by PFF receiving a 80.0+ overall grade in each.
This year he received a 90.6 run defense grade, a 87.3 pass rush grade and a 81.9 coverage grade.

I view him as all around solid player who could be a steal if he fell to the 4th.

Round 5 pick 175 : Tanner Muse, S/LB, Clemson.

He had 4 interception, 3 passes defensed, and allowed only 7 receptions*.
He wasn't used much as a blitzer but of his 12 blitzes he had 6 pressures and 2 sacks.
He was also graded highly by PFF with grades over 75 in run-defense, tackling, coverage and pass-rushing.
His combine was also impressive he ran a 4.41 forty yard dash, put up 20 reps on the bench, had a 34.5" vertical and a 124" broad.

*according to pff in a December 2nd article I do not have access to more recent data as far as
receptions allowed.

Round 6 pick 192 : Reggie Robinson II, CB, Tulsa.

Made 4 interceptions and 13 pass breakups last year at Tulsa.

Had a good combine running in the low 4.4's and jumping a 36" vert & 132" broad, as well as putting up 22 reps on the bench putting him in the to ten among CB's in each category.

Round 6 pick 208 : James Proche, WR, SMU.

Round 6 pick 209 : Darrion Daniels, IDL, Nebraska.

Round 7 pick 236 : Stephen Sullivan, TE, LSU.

Round 7 pick 242 : Quez Watkins, WR, Southern Miss.

That's it.
I'd appreciate any feedback.

Last edited:

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would love to see us pick James Morgan in 3rd round or so. He could be an immediate upgrade at backup QB and who knows for the future. But I'm a sucker for a great story and I love seeing people's dreams come true. I'm sure James has dreamed of being the Packers' QB since he was a kid. Would be awesome for him have a chance at that.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't like Tanner Muse, but otherwise it's good.

I'd quibble about whether Wilson will be there for our pick in the 4th, but it's a small quibble.

Well done!

OP
OP
Fredrik87

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't like Tanner Muse, but otherwise it's good.

I'd quibble about whether Wilson will be there for our pick in the 4th, but it's a small quibble.

Well done!
Ok thanks for the feedback.
Also is there a particular concern with Muse you have?
I'm just interested to know if he has a significant character or game flaw that I might not yet be aware of that might influence my opinion on him.

Last edited:

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like your draft a lot, I'd only prefer taking a LB slightly earlier (3rd round). Also, I don't think Elliot is going to be there in the 3rd. But overall nicely done!

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I am not an OL expert either, but my sense is that Niang, while a good prospect, is not really a good fit for our offense.

I'm pretty skeptical that Jordan Elliott is going to be there at pick #94.

And I'd that they need to address corner a lot earlier than this.

Those are my main observations. But I think you're on the right track with these positions and I like a lot of these prospects.

OP
OP
Fredrik87

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not an OL expert either, but my sense is that Niang, while a good prospect, is not really a good fit for our offense.

I'm pretty skeptical that Jordan Elliott is going to be there at pick #94.

And I'd that they need to address corner a lot earlier than this.

Those are my main observations. But I think you're on the right track with these positions and I like a lot of these prospects.

So I did this mock on TDN's draft machine and other than Mimms and Niang who went just a few picks earlier than our picks all of my selections were available in that mock where I have them selected.

I did make a couple of other mocks in which I did address CB sooner that I can post here if you are interested they involve trades though.

As for Niang is there a particular reason you think he's a bad fit for our offense and do you have any other guy's at OT likely to be available in that range you like better if so I'd be interested to know who they are so I can research them.

Thanks.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
So I did this mock on TDN's draft machine and other than Mimms and Niang who went just a few picks earlier than our picks all of my selections were available in that mock where I have them selected.

I did make a couple of other mocks in which I did address CB sooner that I can post here if you are interested they involve trades though.

As for Niang is there a particular reason you think he's a bad fit for our offense and do you have any other guy's at OT likely to be available in that range you like better if so I'd be interested to know who they are so I can research them.

Thanks.

Yeah, his run blocking. I think they offense needs someone who can block on the move more efficiently. But that's just a thought. I'm not a Lucas Niang expert.

OP
OP
Fredrik87

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, his run blocking. I think they offense needs someone who can block on the move more efficiently. But that's just a thought. I'm not a Lucas Niang expert.
Ok I value Niang pass blocking enough for me to overlook almost any weakness he might have in the running game Zero career sacks allowed and he played against Bosa and Young in 2018.
Also he did have some good plays as a run blocker in this game against Purdue (
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
) that make me think he could improve in that area, though I noticed a few wiffs as well so I can understand your concern there.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Ok I value Niang pass blocking enough for me to overlook almost any weakness he might have in the running game Zero career sacks allowed and he played against Bosa and Young in 2018.
Also he did have some good plays as a run blocker in this game against Purdue (
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
) that make me think he could improve in that area, though I noticed a few wiffs as well so I can understand your concern there.

My guess is that the Packers FO will be prioritizing run blocking ability in whoever they target, as the basic concept of the offense involves so much play-action.

And to be clear, it's not that I don't think Niang can block in the running game. I just think that he's a better fit for a team that's heavier on gap/man schemes and inside zone, whereas the Packers, while they run some of everything with LaFleur, use more outside zone and screens than would probably be best for a guy like him.

OP
OP
Fredrik87

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My guess is that the Packers FO will be prioritizing run blocking ability in whoever they target, as the basic concept of the offense involves so much play-action.

And to be clear, it's not that I don't think Niang can block in the running game. I just think that he's a better fit for a team that's heavier on gap/man schemes and inside zone, whereas the Packers, while they run some of everything with LaFleur, use more outside zone and screens than would probably be best for a guy like him.
Understood I still like him but get what your saying.
For me he's still the top RT I reasonably expect to see at 62.

I think we'll just have to agree to disagree on that pick for now.

However if you have any other OT prospects you like better in that range let me know and after researching them I might change my mind.
I'm always open to looking into players I haven't heard of that people mention to me, I heard about Savage that way when he was still a projected day three pick last year and I really started to like him as we got closer to draft day and I heard more about him.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

However if you have any other OT prospects you like better in that range let me know and after researching them I might change my mind.
I'm always open to looking into players I haven't heard of that people mention to me, I heard about Savage that way when he was still a projected day three pick last year and I really started to like him as we got closer to draft day and I heard more about him.

Ezra Cleveland is definitely a fit for the type of blocking we ask of our tackles, though I'm not sure how realistic he is for #62 (though for what it's worth, there has been some buzz that Niang could go a lot higher than media is projecting).

Matt Peart and Alex Taylor are two guys who probably need a redshirt year, but their tools are impressive in terms of both length and movement skills.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I'm watching Niang this morning and I take it back-- he can block for the Packers. Not sure where the notion came from that he isn't a scheme fit for offenses like ours.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Ezra Cleveland concerns me. He reminds me too much of Jason Spriggs. Very impressive physical traits but needed strength and just missing that killer aggressiveness.

Isaiah Wilson is someone I like. He is missing the quick feet, but he is powerfully built, but doesnt move well enough at 350#. He needed to slim down for the combine. Maybe he cant control his weight.

So who do you gamble on, one guy who needs to bulk up a bit or trim down. I got tired of waiting on Spriggs, you cant teach aggressiveness.

Niang is a very impressive player. He is tenacious and aggressive. He has issues with blocking athletic guys on the move to be sure, but he has the physical tools to do it. Every season he improved - you can say that about nearly every player, but Niang was more impressive. He plays smart and practices hard.

I would take Niang before Wilson, and then cleveland.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Niang a lot. I believe he had an injury for the 2019 season. Pretty sure I remember his 18 tape looking better.

He would he a very solid pick at 62.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Ezra Cleveland concerns me. He reminds me too much of Jason Spriggs. Very impressive physical traits but needed strength and just missing that killer aggressiveness.

Isaiah Wilson is someone I like. He is missing the quick feet, but he is powerfully built, but doesnt move well enough at 350#. He needed to slim down for the combine. Maybe he cant control his weight.

So who do you gamble on, one guy who needs to bulk up a bit or trim down. I got tired of waiting on Spriggs, you cant teach aggressiveness.

Niang is a very impressive player. He is tenacious and aggressive. He has issues with blocking athletic guys on the move to be sure, but he has the physical tools to do it. Every season he improved - you can say that about nearly every player, but Niang was more impressive. He plays smart and practices hard.

I would take Niang before Wilson, and then cleveland.

A lot of offensive tackles come into the league needing to add strength to their game. I think it would be a mistake to assume that Spriggs is their inevitable outcome. He could just as easily take the path of Brian O'Neill, who came out of Pitt with similar limitations but has grown into a good starting RT for the Vikings.

I also don't see in Cleveland's tape where he lacks aggressiveness.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot of offensive tackles come into the league needing to add strength to their game. I think it would be a mistake to assume that Spriggs is their inevitable outcome. He could just as easily take the path of Brian O'Neill, who came out of Pitt with similar limitations but has grown into a good starting RT for the Vikings.

I also don't see in Cleveland's tape where he lacks aggressiveness.
I was in the Cleveland camp, but prefer the others. Not all OTs will be Spriggs, but I was a big Spriggs fan for all the same reasons I like Cleveland.

I look for athleticism, size, aggressiveness, and feet. I dont worry as much about skills as long as they show good development.

OP
OP
Fredrik87

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ezra Cleveland is definitely a fit for the type of blocking we ask of our tackles, though I'm not sure how realistic he is for #62 (though for what it's worth, there has been some buzz that Niang could go a lot higher than media is projecting).

Matt Peart and Alex Taylor are two guys who probably need a redshirt year, but their tools are impressive in terms of both length and movement skills.

I didn't consider Cleveland as a option at 62 because I seriously doubt he'll go any later than the top half of the second.
I hadn't heard of Alex Taylor or much of Matt Peart so I'll be sure to look into those two guys, thanks for the info.

As for buzz of Niang going higher than expected I had heard that but his projections are still all over the place I saw a recent mock where he went in the 4th and a couple others that had him in the 3rd, so I still feel he's a fairly realistic option at 62.

Last edited:

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok thanks for the feedback.
Also is there a particular concern with Muse you have?
I'm just interested to know if he has a significant character or game flaw that I might not yet be aware of that might influence my opinion on him.

Regarding Muse, I think he's a really good athlete who doesn't play like he tested, and didn't play as well as one would expect with the talent around him.

I just see shades of Troy Apke. A guy who gets overdrafted because of the tools, when the tape doesn't match.

I'd take Muse in like the late 6th or 7th as a special teams player. I just doubt he develops past that.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Ezra does fit our scheme great when discussing those second tier tackles. Isaiah Wilson if he slips (I feel he is the best OT to possibly see the 2nd round) and Matt Peart are two of my favorites after the top tier.

Peart is a tough one because I sense he could go as high as mid 2nd...to very early 4th. I like him as our 3rd round pick if we haven't drafted an OT already.