Most underrated player of 2016

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I am going to twist the wording a bit and call it "the player who played way beyond my expectations" and say Jacob Schum.

I thought when TT made this move at the beginning of the season he was absolutely crazy. I am soooo glad I was the crazy one!

Schum has been someone we have needed for a few years now. Sure, like all punters, he has an occasional miss, but for the most part the guy has been clutch and we are actually seeing a punter who can help shift the field position, something Masthay was terrible at. The added bonus, I have not heard one complaint about his ability to hold for Mason.

Last edited:

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You've all done such a great job with your choices, I'm just gonna agree and 'pack' it in. :D

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I will even throw out a "not so obvious" on the surface one.....Aaron Rodgers. Yes, AR is and always will be expected to perform at a high level. But after last season and the first 10 games this season, I think some were starting to doubt whether AR still had it. Hard to put into words what that guy has done in the last 8 games!

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I will even throw out a "not so obvious" on the surface one.....Aaron Rodgers. Yes, AR is and always will be expected to perform at a high level. But after last season and the first 10 games this season, I think some were starting to doubt whether AR still had it. Hard to put into words what that guy has done in the last 8 games!

I`ll certainly hold my hand up and say I was one. I totally agree with you here though, he has made me realise he walks on water on his days off.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Devante Adams.... hands down most underrated coming into the season!

Yeah almost don't know how it can't be Devante. A month ago people were still saying he could be cut and was disposable. He has been very solid

Honorable mention - mostly guys mentioned - Ryan, Schum, Burnett, bulaga

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Montgomery is right up there too. Most of us thought he would compete for the #4 WR spot. Who would have thought he would end up being our #1 RB and saving our Bacon in a few games.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
The stretch from 2015 through the first half of this season made people forget just how lethal he is.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At the start of season I thought Dix would be our breakout player this season. But if can only pick 1 for the whole season, hands down Lane Taylor and the almost seamless transition from Sitton!

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again, agree with all. In a season with so many injuries and uncertainty, a lot of guys have stepped up.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea Bahktiari has become a real corner stone for Rodgers. Rodgers has been getting smeared for years, and when bahk started settling in last year. The chaos stopped, and Rodgers is settling in. Lane Taylor......... I will admit I was wrong about his contract. Seems like a bargain now. Tretter looking great at Center for Lindsley... Lang and Bulaga are the veterans and they are playing great as well...

Oline has turned into the best pass blocking group in the league, in a dominant way. Its almost comical sometimes, how much time Rodgers has in the pocket... lol. Greatness.

Reaction score
On Offense: Davante Adams.

On Defense: Nick Perry

Special Teams: Jacob Schumm

Hard to pick just 1 but I think these 3 have turned the tide in their respective squads and I didn't expect it

Members online

Latest posts