Moss a Packer?

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
not that i think their is any chance in hell we would ever get him, but comparing Moos to TO is just ridiculous. Moss might be a whiner and kind of a bˆtch, but he certainly does not cause the problems that TO does. and look at last year, he hardly made any waves whatsoever.

:roll: C'mon TO has never been in trouble with the law.....drugs, assault etc. Randy Moss has. Moss has gone after coaches and QB's the same way TO has. The difference is how the coaches and QB's can handle it. Donovan McNabb is emotionally a friggin' china doll. Reid goes out of his way to protect his psychy. It's not just TO....it is pretty common knowledge in the Philly area that McNabb can't take any criticism or pressure. I've been saying it since he arrived.....Andy Reid goes waaaayy too far out of his way to try to coddle him. It has backfired.

shoot, I'd take Moss or TO in a heartbeat!!!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Randy Moss would be a great pickup for the Pack. A lot of this talk is just hatred towards him because he destroyed the Packers for years. Moss isn't that bad of a cancer. He's done well in Oakland and he's most def an elite WR in this league. Most talented WR to perhaps ever play the game. If Randy Moss is cancer than Terrell Owens is the plague. Moss hasn't really been cancerious to any organization. He had off the field problems, but so did Ray Lewis and who would call him cancer? Moss has never held out of Training camps, or bickered about his contract too the public. The statement "I wanna play when I want to" is probably overlooked. When your out there on the field, you don't choose not too play otherwise you'll get hurt. Moss tries. He's a bad blocking WR, but he's so talented it really doesn't matter.

If I'm GB I'd at least talk to Oakland if he is put on the block. I wouldn't over offer for him but you have too be ready to give fair value. Robert Ferguson, KGB and a pick would be a nice move. 2 overrated playlers and a high pick for the most talented WR in the game today. Probably a bargain. I doubt that would work and I doubt Moss would be put on the block. Anything is just speculation.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
bozz_2006 said:
not that i think their is any chance in hell we would ever get him, but comparing Moos to TO is just ridiculous. Moss might be a whiner and kind of a bˆtch, but he certainly does not cause the problems that TO does. and look at last year, he hardly made any waves whatsoever.

:roll: C'mon TO has never been in trouble with the law.....drugs, assault etc. Randy Moss has. Moss has gone after coaches and QB's the same way TO has. The difference is how the coaches and QB's can handle it. Donovan McNabb is emotionally a friggin' china doll. Reid goes out of his way to protect his psychy. It's not just TO....it is pretty common knowledge in the Philly area that McNabb can't take any criticism or pressure. I've been saying it since he arrived.....Andy Reid goes waaaayy too far out of his way to try to coddle him. It has backfired.

shoot, I'd take Moss or TO in a heartbeat!!!

Moss might have talked some shi† about team-mates and coaches, but the difference i see between him and TO, in that regard, is 1. their reasons for doing so. TO is a glory hog. pay me pay me pay me. that's all he's about. moss wants to be a winner. not saying that TO doesn't, but team comes second for TO. 2. TO is RELENTLESS in what he does. He makes a stupid comment/move, followed by another, followed by another. with moss, you know what you're gonna get. He'll ƒuck something up, people will talk for a few days, and that'll be the end. do you really think TO's preseason antics last year would have lasted so long if Sports Center didn't devote 15 minutes of every show to whatever it was that TO did the previous day? I hated Moss when he played for Minnesota, but i don't think he was bad for the team, i don't think he's been bad for the raiders, and i think the hatred that most Packer fans have for him would disipate in a hearbeat if he were to put on the green and gold.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The chances of Ted Thompson bringing in Randy Moss are about the same as Ted Thompson bringing in Santa Claus.

When Randy is about done as a player, Ted should sign him for one year, then make him take a bottle of Lysol to the goal post Randy wiped his butt on and make him clean it. Then cut him.

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IndiPack said:
Everybody knows Moss is talented, it's his personality (disorder) that's the problem. Hey, I hope the guy continues to mature and get his act together, prospers dandily with his ice cream shop diversion, but there's no way on God's green earth the Packers should even remotely consider bringing him over. The bottom line is he's devisive, just like "everybody's fault but mine" Owens. Making a play for either of those 2 guys or anybody like 'em would be antithetical to everything Thompson and McCarthy have been saying about how they wanna run the team. C'mon, the man mock-rubbed his **** on our goldpost.

What is TT's and McCarthy's philosophy though? To sign rookie and mid-level, free-agent players and hope that they develop?

That's what seems to be going on, and as others have stated--that's kind of a difficult approach to take in today's NFL. It takes a loooong time. If it works for you at all, that is.

Also, as Pyledriver stated, it's very difficult, if not impossible to rebuild both your o-line and wr units at the same time..(and I would add---especially if you are not signing top level talent, but run of the mill type players!)

Sooner or later you have to take a chance and sign some elite, A-Level talent to the roster.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
already did that on defense, time for the same treatment on offense.

It's amazing on how everyone just expected TT to go out and sign every single top level player at ever need position (not you but others). Woodson was a huge signing. Ryan Pickett was scouted as the #9 free agent this year. Kampman was #7 I believe. This off season went nicely.

TT bulked up the Defense. Make some nice draft picks. Next year he can add to the offensive line and receivers. Every team has to rebuild sooner or later. If Packer fans could learn to let go of what they had with Favre and accept the fact that neither Favre or GB is as good as it once was, they're would be less bickering over Thompson as the GM. He needs 3-4 years.

What's amazing is a lot the very same people who complain about the WR core are saying no way to Randy Moss or Terrell Owens coming over. hmmm ironic isn't it? :D

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre makes these WRs

give him some somewhat talented\reliable options....and enough time to throw...and thats all we need.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
based on what? last year with no quality WRs (except DD, who had over 1000 yards btw) and barely any time to throw? (AND empty backfields...which meant his death every pass)?

If thats what ur basing it on, I disagree.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
porky88 said:
What's amazing is a lot the very same people who complain about the WR core are saying no way to Randy Moss or Terrell Owens coming over. hmmm ironic isn't it? :D

I noticed that too. I like the PLAYER Moss and Owens, but there person I question. With the proper contract I would take either of them on my WR hurting Packers team. When I say proper, I think people might under estimate how creative contracts can be.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
based on what? last year with no quality WRs (except DD, who had over 1000 yards btw) and barely any time to throw? (AND empty backfields...which meant his death every pass)?

If thats what ur basing it on, I disagree.

Oh my God.....P@ck66 killed trom and is using his screenname :wink:

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
tromadz said:
Favre makes these WRs

give him some somewhat talented\reliable options....and enough time to throw...and thats all we need.

Favre use to. he no longer can.

The hell he can't.

First of all, our O-line sucked last year. The loss of both Wahle and Rivera was a huge blow to our offense (who together was one of the best interiors in the league). However, even with a rookie line and a depleted receiving corps, Favre still managed to finish 3rd in the league for total passing yards:

2005 LEAGUE LEADERS

Passing

1. T. Brady NE 4110
2. T. Green KC 4014
3. B. Favre GB 3881
4. C. Palmer CIN 3836
5. E. Manning NYG 3762

3881 total yards with a depeleted receiving corps and no running game.... Yeah, it really looks like he is over the hill to me. :roll: But I imagine some of you will try to skew this stat as well, kinda like some of you do when it is mentioned GB had the NFL.com #7 ranked overall defense last year.

Last season was abysmal as far as injuries and offense went. Stop blaming all the problems we had on Brett. It really is tiresome.

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anubis said:
porky88 said:
tromadz said:
Favre makes these WRs

The hell he can't.

First of all, our O-line sucked last year. The loss of both Wahle and Rivera was a huge blow to our offense (who together was one of the best interiors in the league). However, even with a rookie line and a depleted receiving corps, Favre still managed to finish 3rd in the league for total passing yards:

2005 LEAGUE LEADERS

Passing

1. T. Brady NE 4110
2. T. Green KC 4014
3. B. Favre GB 3881
4. C. Palmer CIN 3836
5. E. Manning NYG 3762

3881 total yards with a depeleted receiving corps and no running game.... Yeah, it really looks like he is over the hill to me. :roll: But I imagine some of you will try to skew this stat as well, kinda like some of you do when it is mentioned GB had the NFL.com #7 ranked overall defense last year.

Last season was abysmal as far as injuries and offense went. Stop blaming all the problems we had on Brett. It really is tiresome.

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

29 INT's. Favre is too reckless and from what I saw only Driver had a good year at WR. He's not the same Favre as he was. The last WR he really made was Bill Schroeder who should send Favre a monthly check for the rest of his life.

Favre also took 607 attempts last year. More than any other season of his career. They're is no disputing the fact that GB threw the ball because they had no running game (or sherman bailed on it) and yes they were always behind.

He had a 70.9 QB Rating. The lowest of his career.

Favre is not the player he once was and nor will he ever be. He needs to play smarter and let his playmakers make the plays. He can no longer carry an entire game/season by himself. He'll still win the Pack a game every now and then but he can't do it on a consistent basis like he had to when Ray Rhodes was the Head Coach, in Sherman's 1st year. Players around Favre need too step up.

John Elway let players like TD, Rod Smith, Shannon Sharpe, and Ed McCaffery make the plays. Elway set them up, they made the plays. Thats' what Favre needs to do for the rest of his career. It worked for Elway and it certainly could work for Favre. We don't have the talent of the Broncos but we have a very similar QB. Favre needs to improve at managing the game.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
porky88 said:

I noticed that too. I like the PLAYER Moss and Owens, but there person I question. With the proper contract I would take either of them on my WR hurting Packers team. When I say proper, I think people might under estimate how creative contracts can be.

I agree, except with Moss. Moss plays and you know what your going to get. Moss will support your team and Moss will show up for work. He may make some noise every now and then but he's there. I think with Moss you wouldn't have to "setup" a friendly contract. TO yes. Moss, I think you could let it slide.

Favre is the perfect QB for Moss and Moss is the perfect QB for Favre. It really would be a great thing to watch.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
29 INT's. Favre is too reckless and from what I saw only Driver had a good year at WR. He's not the same Favre as he was. The last WR he really made was Bill Schroeder who should send Favre a monthly check for the rest of his life.

Favre also took 607 attempts last year. More than any other season of his career. They're is no disputing the fact that GB threw the ball because they had no running game (or sherman bailed on it) and yes they were always behind.

He had a 70.9 QB Rating. The lowest of his career.

Favre is not the player he once was and nor will he ever be. He needs to play smarter and let his playmakers make the plays. He can no longer carry an entire game/season by himself. He'll still win the Pack a game every now and then but he can't do it on a consistent basis like he had to when Ray Rhodes was the Head Coach, in Sherman's 1st year. Players around Favre need too step up.

John Elway let players like TD, Rod Smith, Shannon Sharpe, and Ed McCaffery make the plays. Elway set them up, they made the plays. Thats' what Favre needs to do for the rest of his career. It worked for Elway and it certainly could work for Favre. We don't have the talent of the Broncos but we have a very similar QB. Favre needs to improve at managing the game.

Not to start a huge debate, but seriously do you honestly think Peyton Manning, Tom Brady or Carson Palmer could really have done any better with the mess Favre had to work with last year? He threw for 3881 yards with one solid receiver, no running game and for the most part, a one-trick pony offense (does Favre to Driver ring a bell?). IMO, the fact he was able to make 3881 yards despite what he had to work with is more a testament to how great he really is, as opposed to an indication that he is going downhill.

Favre has always been reckless to a degree. The difference is when he had a winning team around him and all his starters were healthy, you just didn't care as much.

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Did you know that Brett has a long run of 40 and Elway only 31? I thought that was interesting because I think of Elway as by far a better runner than Brett.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anubis said:
Not to start a huge debate, but seriously do you honestly think Peyton Manning, Tom Brady or Carson Palmer could really have done any better with the mess Favre had to work with last year? He threw for 3881 yards with one solid receiver, no running game and for the most part, a one-trick pony offense (does Favre to Driver ring a bell?). IMO, the fact he was able to make 3881 yards despite what he had to work with is more a testament to how great he really is, as opposed to an indication that he is going downhill.

Tom Brady had one really good receiver and no running game. So yes Tom Brady could of. Tom Brady is the best QB in the game today and the best QB of this decade. Tom Brady probably would of managed the game better for Green Bay and we would of won more games.

I'd say we'd win more with Peyton Manning. Manning is the most gifted passer in the game today. Manning could make the players around him much better. Favre can't like he use to in my opinion. He can still have his magic games but he can't do it all year round like he could.

Carson Palmer is my boy but I don't think he could of came in and made this team much better. I think Palmer has a couple years to be rated as a consistent elite passer like Brady and Manning. In fact, Brady and Manning are the only QB's in the game today in my opinion who play on an elite level. Favre did up til last season.

Favre has always been reckless to a degree. The difference is when he had a winning team around him and all his starters were healthy, you just didn't care as much.

I agree that Favre has always been reckless but if you look at previous game film from even 2004, you'll see a huge difference in Favre's decision making.

I didn't care as much? So are you calling me out as a fan because I believe a QB who really had one good stat and that was 3800 yards passing is not as good as he once was. Are you kidding me??? It’s nice to be optimistic about the team. I’m just trying to bring a little realism to Green Bay that Favre is not the player he was even 2 years ago. It happened to John Elway and Dan Marino. It’s happening to Brett Favre. It’ll happen to Peyton Manning as well. Elway let the players around him to they’re thing. Denver won the Suer Bowl because of Terrell Davis. Green Bay needs to make the playoffs because of the players around Favre. Not just strictly Brett Favre.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
I didn't care as much? So are you calling me out as a fan because I believe a QB who really had one good stat and that was 3800 yards passing is not as good as he once was. Are you kidding me??? It’s nice to be optimistic about the team. I’m just trying to bring a little realism to Green Bay that Favre is not the player he was even 2 years ago. It happened to John Elway and Dan Marino. It’s happening to Brett Favre. It’ll happen to Peyton Manning as well. Elway let the players around him to they’re thing. Denver won the Suer Bowl because of Terrell Davis. Green Bay needs to make the playoffs because of the players around Favre. Not just strictly Brett Favre.

Porky,

I did not mean you specifically, nor am I calling you out as a fan.

What I meant by my comment is when a team is in contention for the Super Bowl, fans are far more forgiving for mistakes made by the guys who got them there. Favre has a "gunslinger" reputation for a reason. However, when we were on top of the NFC North and in serious contention for the Super Bowl, no one picked apart reckless play on Favre's part. Now, because we are used to being on top of the Division and not at the bottom of it, everyone jumps all over Favre when he makes a poor judgement, or takes a risk during play. Had we of made 12-4 and took the NFC North again last year, you wouldn't hear half the comments directed at Favre that you hear now. Personally, I have never been interested in a Favre vs. TT debate which some posters on here seem to think everyone has a side on.

As for Palmer, Brady or Manning doing better in GB, I disagree with some of your comments. While I concur that Palmer needs a couple more years to solidfy his talent, I don't think Manning or Brady would have fared any better behind a weak o-line, lacking a running game and one solid receiver. You may disagree, but noone is superman. From what I saw last season, Favre's 29 INTs had as much to do with 2nd and 3rd string receivers running off their routes as it did reckless play on Favre's part.

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anubis said:
porky88 said:

Porky,

I did not mean you specifically, nor am I calling you out as a fan.

What I meant by my comment is when a team is in contention for the Super Bowl, fans are far more forgiving for mistakes made by the guys who got them there. Favre has a "gunslinger" reputation for a reason. However, when we were on top of the NFC North and in serious contention for the Super Bowl, no one picked apart reckless play on Favre's part. Now, because we are used to being on top of the Division and not at the bottom of it, everyone jumps all over Favre when he makes a poor judgement, or takes a risk during play. Had we of made 12-4 and took the NFC North again last year, you wouldn't hear half the comments directed at Favre that you hear now. Personally, I have never been interested in a Favre vs. TT debate which some posters on here seem to think everyone has a side on.

As for Palmer, Brady or Manning doing better in GB, I disagree with some of your comments. While I concur that Palmer needs a couple more years to solidfy his talent, I don't think Manning or Brady would have fared any better behind a weak o-line, lacking a running game and one solid receiver. You may disagree, but noone is superman. From what I saw last season, Favre's 29 INTs had as much to do with 2nd and 3rd string receivers running off their routes as it did reckless play on Favre's part.

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

Agree to disagree but I will say if Favre played like he did last year for his entire career, he'd be nothing more than Kerry Collins. It's tough to admitt and taste or even think about but last year was just awful for Favre, Packers, and all the fans. Luckily Favre played well all his career and will go down as one of the top QB's ever. I'd like to see him throw 25 TD's and just under 20 INT's this year.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anubis said:
porky88 said:
tromadz said:
Favre makes these WRs

The hell he can't.

2005 LEAGUE LEADERS

Passing

1. T. Brady NE 4110
2. T. Green KC 4014
3. B. Favre GB 3881
4. C. Palmer CIN 3836
5. E. Manning NYG 3762

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

real packer fans know brett lost an all-proWRer, all-proRB, allpro TE, two allpro G and still threw for 3880 yrds and like 28TD's last year. Add Moss to GB's offence, with our Defence, and GB can take the NFC.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Agree to disagree but I will say if Favre played like he did last year for his entire career, he'd be nothing more than Kerry Collins. It's tough to admitt and taste or even think about but last year was just awful for Favre, Packers, and all the fans. Luckily Favre played well all his career and will go down as one of the top QB's ever. I'd like to see him throw 25 TD's and just under 20 INT's this year.

I never meant to imply that Favre had a banner year in 2005. I just don't think his skills as a QB, nor his ability to pull the fat out of the fire are as bad as some people are making them out to be. Providing Green and Davenport come back healthy, and Gardner, Boerighter or Jennings steps up as a decent #2, a lot of people are going to realize that the news of the Pack's demise was a little premature. :wink:

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

Members online

Latest posts