Moe Williams

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
St. Louis cut Moe Williams. Denver cut Ron Dayne.

If healthy, Moe Williams is a quality third-down back.

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packedhouse01 said:
I'd pick up Dayne. I still think he's a heck of a good back.

Maybe in college. Hasn't done squat in the pros.

He was terrible with the Giants! No way should the Pack take him.

(Watch...now Bruce is gonna lecture me on how hard it is to get into the Pros...)

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dayne wouldn't be a bad pickup. He played in the blocking scheme in Denver and at Wisconsin. I wouldn't be shocked to see him brought in.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dayne is essentially a lesser version of Najeh Davenport. Moe Williams has always been good, but I suspect Ted Thompson will go with younger backs.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ive always liked(hated when he was against us) Moe Williams. If we are trying to POUND the ball, and the line isnt that great, Moe usually gets the yards anyway most of the time.

I wouldnt mind that!

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Williams did kinda seem like someone on the Vikings who I worried about getting the ball. Didn't seem like much of a "Minnesota Viking" at all, actually. :p

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Dayne is essentially a lesser version of Najeh Davenport. Moe Williams has always been good, but I suspect Ted Thompson will go with younger backs.

Difference is there. Dayne has played in the scheme and knows it. Davenport's problem is the scheme and he couldn't adjust to it.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Greg C. said:

Difference is there. Dayne has played in the scheme and knows it. Davenport's problem is the scheme and he couldn't adjust to it.

But playing in the scheme and being successful in the scheme are two different things. Dayne must not have been very successful in the scheme if he got cut. This scheme does not seem to lend itself to larger running backs, which is why the Falcons traded away T.J. Duckett, even though he is a pretty good running back.

I remember Dayne having a long run on Thanksgiving last year, but that was only because there was a hole you could've driven a truck through.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
porky88 said:
[quote="Greg C.":1wox0stt]Dayne is essentially a lesser version of Najeh Davenport. Moe Williams has always been good, but I suspect Ted Thompson will go with younger backs.

But playing in the scheme and being successful in the scheme are two different things. Dayne must not have been very successful in the scheme if he got cut. This scheme does not seem to lend itself to larger running backs, which is why the Falcons traded away T.J. Duckett, even though he is a pretty good running back.

I remember Dayne having a long run on Thanksgiving last year, but that was only because there was a hole you could've driven a truck through.[/quote:1wox0stt]

GB needs depth and that's what Dayne is. A short yardage back. I'm not saying it's a make or break move but it's certainly not a bad move in my opinion.

He was the #1 in Denver and went down with an injury and hasn't played since Week 1 of the preseason.

In New York he played in a system he was not good at. I think he's someone to look at because he plays in the scheme, knows the scheme and has showed promise in Denver. Green, Herron, and Gado are our guys but letting go of that extra TE for Dayne wouldn't bother me at all.

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Moe was always one of my favorites, and with the problems we have been having running the ball, he would be a good pick-up.

However, he was one of the boat people, so that might keep him away.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Greg C. said:
porky88 said:
[quote="Greg C.":1vn9omsx]Dayne is essentially a lesser version of Najeh Davenport. Moe Williams has always been good, but I suspect Ted Thompson will go with younger backs.

I remember Dayne having a long run on Thanksgiving last year, but that was only because there was a hole you could've driven a truck through.

GB needs depth and that's what Dayne is. A short yardage back. I'm not saying it's a make or break move but it's certainly not a bad move in my opinion.

He was the #1 in Denver and went down with an injury and hasn't played since Week 1 of the preseason.

In New York he played in a system he was not good at. I think he's someone to look at because he plays in the scheme, knows the scheme and has showed promise in Denver. Green, Herron, and Gado are our guys but letting go of that extra TE for Dayne wouldn't bother me at all.[/quote:1vn9omsx]

I'd like to see Dayne in Packers uniform just because I root for the guy. Having said that releasing Najeh and picking up Dayne is pointless

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
porky88 said:
Greg C. said:
porky88 said:
[quote="Greg C.":smvpiq2a]Dayne is essentially a lesser version of Najeh Davenport. Moe Williams has always been good, but I suspect Ted Thompson will go with younger backs.

In New York he played in a system he was not good at. I think he's someone to look at because he plays in the scheme, knows the scheme and has showed promise in Denver. Green, Herron, and Gado are our guys but letting go of that extra TE for Dayne wouldn't bother me at all.

I'd like to see Dayne in Packers uniform just because I root for the guy. Having said that releasing Najeh and picking up Dayne is pointless[/quote:smvpiq2a]

That's true. It would seem pointless but the scheme is what would workout better for Dayne. Davenport never looked comfortable. I'm pretty glad they hung onto Noah Herron. I really liked what he's showed this camp and I feel good about him sparing Green on some situations. Gado didn't impress me as much as Herron to be honest.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Dayne but that may have more to be with him being a Badger. It's hard to see Moe in a Packer jersey and I wonder how much is left in his tank. Obviously the other teams are worried to.

recte44

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt either of those guys would work out here. Dayne just doesn't have it, and there'd be too much pressure on him in Wisconsin. Williams seems like a decent goal line back but we need more of a speed guy than either of those two.