MM failed miserably this preseason

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Sooooo taking less than 45 seconds and settling for a fg with under 2 minutes left is best play calling. I'm not a flavor of the week guy but how many times has or will his play calling cost us a game before people realize he is not a good play called? Not for nothing he must understand his head is on the chopping block with gute at the helm so why not show him "i will do what it takes not to lose" instead he showed him a tie is good enough for him
U think he believes he is untouchable?

D

Deleted member 6794

Sooooo taking less than 45 seconds and settling for a fg with under 2 minutes left is best play calling. I'm not a flavor of the week guy but how many times has or will his play calling cost us a game before people realize he is not a good play called?

I guess you're one of those fans that will criticize McCarthy no matter what.

Run the ball in the situation to burn the clock - too conservative.

Throw it and go for the kill - too aggressive

Whatever man, but it's getting tired :rolleyes:

Dieseljunkie12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well as luck would have it opinions are like *** holes and everyone has one. Still sticking to my feelings and opinions of him time and time again being too conservative and costing us. Sorry my opinions are different than most of you and "really old" and "tired" but last I knew it was a forum for opinions and vents and rants and raves.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Well as luck would have it opinions are like *** holes and everyone has one. Still sticking to my feelings and opinions of him time and time again being too conservative and costing us. Sorry my opinions are different than most of you and "really old" and "tired" but last I knew it was a forum for opinions and vents and rants and raves.
Yes it is. and it goes both ways. Mostly most annoying when some only show up to vent, rant, and rave without actually contributing to the discussion or even realizing they really have no leg to stand on.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
More power to ya, buddy. Look forward to seeing you the next time the Packers lose.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Yes it is. and it goes both ways. Mostly most annoying when some only show up to vent, rant, and rave without actually contributing to the discussion or even realizing they really have no leg to stand on.

Sounds like you just described a few of my friends wives! :whistling:

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I guess you're one of those fans that will criticize McCarthy no matter what.

Run the ball in the situation to burn the clock - too conservative.

Throw it and go for the kill - too aggressive

Whatever man, but it's getting tired :rolleyes:
There ABSOLUTELY must be a bogeyman to blame. Hawk, Bush, Kuhn, Bostick, Brad Jones, Gunter, Hundley, Capers, and the always adored Thompson are gone. It’s next man up!:rolleyes:

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope the Packers ink Mike McCarthy to a coach for life contract that makes him unfireable just to make certain posters heads explode on this forum.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not for nothing he must understand his head is on the chopping block with gute at the helm

Dude, you realize right that Gute has no authority as of right now to fire head coaches, especially after Murphy made it clear he would be in charge of MM's fate this offseason. I guarantee you he will not allow Gute to fire MM unless this team goes 4-12.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay, what you're suggesting is that McCarthy is not smart enough to realize that the Bears were going to bring a lot of pressure and that Rodgers would have a bit of rust to shake loose. Nearly every Packer fan worth his salt and every poster on this forum knew that. So you actually believe that a successful NFL coach knows less than the average fan? That contention is fundamentally ludicrous.
if that's the case his arrogance, in ignoring the rust/pressure factor, got his qb hurt. that may be worse than not realizing it was coming.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ESPN says the Vikings had lost 76 straight games where they trailed by 8 or more points in the 4th quarter. Only MM could end such a streak.

D

Deleted member 6794

Dude, you realize right that Gute has no authority as of right now to fire head coaches, especially after Murphy made it clear he would be in charge of MM's fate this offseason. I guarantee you he will not allow Gute to fire MM unless this team goes 4-12.

If the Packers don't make the playoffs with Rodgers playing all season McCarthy would definitely be on the hot seat.

ESPN says the Vikings had lost 76 straight games where they trailed by 8 or more points in the 4th quarter. Only MM could end such a streak.

Do you solely give McCarthy credit for the largest fourth quarter comeback in Lambeau Field history in week 1 vs. the Bears as well???

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Packers don't make the playoffs with Rodgers playing all season McCarthy would definitely be on the hot seat.

That still doesn't change the fact that any head coach firing would still have to be authorized by Mark Murphy as per how it is currently setup.

D

Deleted member 6794

That still doesn't change the fact that any head coach firing would still have to be authorized by Mark Murphy as per how it is currently setup.

True, I guess Murphy would definitely consider firing McCarthy if the Packers end up missing the playoffs.

Dieseljunkie12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think his one year extension would almost be considered a "prove it" deal like players get. Yes I understand that he has a year and 3/4 left but my opinion (if i am allowed one) is that the packers made it clear they don't or won't settle for a mediocre season.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts