Mike Sims Walker

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Mike Sims Walker of the Jaguars tweeted that he and the Jaguars are separating ways.

So where do you think he goes? Hes only 26 just like Sidney Rice. Any chance we try to get him?

OP
OP
Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsOj6Jh6sN0]YouTube - Mike Sims-Walker Highlights 2009[/ame]

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
he is a trouble maker and a problem in the locker room from what i've heard, as well as having a fatal case of the "diva'itis" (not to mention the un-curable "Fantasy Football Team Killer Syndrome" of which he infected my team this year with)

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We can find a better and cheaper player in the draft. I like him and think he is underrated though.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
love watching him play. If he had a decent QB he would be HOF material.
Exactly. Think about it, he's been a Pro Bowler for awhile with Jake **** Delhomme as his passer. Are you kidding me?

And remember the catch he made late in the game over Charles Woodson in 2008 at Lambeau Field, to win that game? He's still good and he's a competitor, and a tough guy. Caught a game-winning TD catch despite getting his arm broken, in the 2009-10 season finale at New York.

The only problem with Smith is he's such a competitor but he combines that with a little street thuggish, which is why he doesn't take any s*** from anyone and has punched a teammate in practice. But I remember Michael Jordan did that too, to Steve Kerr, and LeGarrette Blount has punched 2 white dudes on the football field the past 2 seasons.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-UNUebdzo0]YouTube - Best Of Steve Smith 2008[/ame]

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I think we should just leave it to Ted and McCarthy to fit the holes we need filled.

Our wide receivers will get better in time, we have quite some depth at the position.

Jordan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we should just leave it to Ted and McCarthy to fit the holes we need filled.

Our wide receivers will get better in time, we have quite some depth at the position.

Driver has like what? One year left? And we are not even sure if James Jones is staying. So Jordy and Jennings...where is this depth, Swain?

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do we even need him? Seems like it would be a lot cheaper just to draft one in the mid rounds.

Agreed. Sims-Walker will command too much money on the open market. Packers have Jennings, Nelson and Finley for the long haul. Bring in a develpment guy who can be a #3 or #4 now and blossom into a #1 or #2 in three years.

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No.
/thread

I'd love to trade Nick Barnett to Carolina for Steve Smith though.

It's been a fantasy of mine for a while that we would somehow get Steve Smith to be Driver's replacement.... Dunno if he's Packer people caliber though...

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're def going WR in draft this year. Plus Finley is in the mix. And honestly any WR is fine so long as you have Aaron Rodgers throwing.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's been a fantasy of mine for a while that we would somehow get Steve Smith to be Driver's replacement.... Dunno if he's Packer people caliber though...

i love steve smith too but he is getting up there in age I think and his injury history isnt great, top of that I dont see any chance of us paying his salary.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're def going WR in draft this year. Plus Finley is in the mix. And honestly any WR is fine so long as you have Aaron Rodgers throwing.

your right we are. Look where TT drafts WRs in the draft. High. well not swain but I dont really count him. I think TT snags a WR with one of his first 2 picks.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score

See I would agree with that if it wasn't for how many flipping drops the Packers had this season.

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score

The guy still needs to have some talent though. Brett Swain is nothing more than a special teamer.

PackMan13x

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't read this entire thread, but in my opinion we just don't need MSW. But I did have a dream that we traded James Jones for Fitzy, I'm assuming we must have threw in a 1st rounder, lol.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah I see little to no future with Swain. The talent just isnt there.
Wait, I was in line with his sister, and mom for over an hour to get into the Super Bowl. But we do need to upgrade, replenish the WR cupboard.
Don't be surprised to see our practice squad guy, Chastin West, make the jump. I liked him in preseason.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't read this entire thread, but in my opinion we just don't need MSW. But I did have a dream that we traded James Jones for Fitzy, I'm assuming we must have threw in a 1st rounder, lol.

you think we can trade Ryan Grant for Jamal Charles too?

Members online