Mike McCarthy Responds

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay Packers coach Mike McCarthy knows that Detroit Lions coach Jim Schwartz took a mild jab at his team's decision to go ***** shooting instead of practicing earlier this offseason.
McCarthy had a lot of great quotes in response to Jason Wilde of ESPNMilwaukee, but they can be summed up in one word: Championship.
“We have a lot of confidence in the way we run our program, and we’re always trying to make it better. And I think ***** shooting is going to be the difference in us getting back to the Super Bowl. So there," McCarthy said

Awesome. For those new to the story, let's back up for a minute. Earlier this offseason, Schwartz said that the Lions couldn't afford to waste any allotted practice days.
“We had no sporting clays today or no amusement parks or water parks," Schwartz said.
It was the type of light shot at the Packers that is starting to make the NFC North one of the best divisions in football. And we are happy McCarthy responded.
"I don’t really worry about what other people do. I don’t pay much attention to their clips. Like every team, you have media clips put on your desk every day, and I don’t really pay (attention to) mine. I worry about who’s playing for them and how they’re playing and what we need to do to beat them,” McCarthy said.
Translation: We're in your head. Keep our name out of your mouth
“Their approach is really tailored to the way they go about their business, starting with their head coach,” McCarthy said. “I don’t know what the problem with ***** shooting is; I thought that was probably one of the best events we’ve ever had here.”
Translation: The Lions are undisciplined, like their coach.
“Just the interaction with the policemen and the players was excellent. You were literally handed a gun, pulled the trigger and handed it back to the police officer. That part of it was in place for the safety,” McCarthy said.
Translation: When we interact with cops, our players don't end up in handcuffs.
I love it. I don't think I've ever heard him quip back at anyone before. It was witty and well thought out. Good one coach.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Figures the team goes jacking off when they're supposed to be working. Clay pigeons are fun though

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Schwartz needs to get his own affairs in order and quit worrying about everyone else. His team is the dirtiest in football because HE is the dirtiest in football.

CheeseHead87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His team is the dirtiest in football because HE is the dirtiest in football.

While I'm sure having players like Suh and Vanden Bosh doesn't help, you are right that the culture starts at the top. I think there is a big possibility that he loses his job this upcoming season.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I kind of liked Schwartz until he had a hissy fit after the aggressive handshake from Jim Harbaugh. Grow up, Little Susie. The NFL is a big-boy league.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
While I'm sure having players like Suh and Vanden Bosh doesn't help, you are right that the culture starts at the top. I think there is a big possibility that he loses his job this upcoming season.

The thing is, Suh didn't really have that reputation at Nebraska.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This whole thing makes Stephhen Tulloch calling out Greg Jennings for answering questions about our division even more laughable.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Schwartz needs to take the Lions pigeon shooting for 2 reasons. 1)maybe it'll get some aggression out so the Lions will stay outta jail. 2)it's the best shoot they're going to get at Clay. Big play Clay is bringing it this yr. I predict CM3 for DPOY. It'll be tough but I'd love to see Perry get DRPOY

Members online

Latest posts