Mike Daniels

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have liked him for years. Absolutely fed up with him lately. Disgusted with him. His lackluster play lately notwithstanding, he concerns himself far too much with matters beyond his control and not nearly enough with the things he can control, as evidenced by his comments this past week:

“I’m like, when are we going to retaliate?” Daniels asked his defense Saturday. “I’m not saying knock anybody out, but I’m saying make opposing offenses … not too excited about having to line up across from us. That’s a rivalry game. these guys come in with bad intentions and bad blood against us.

Here's a crazy idea, Mike. If you want to retaliate so bad, how about do it by taking some accountability for this defense and elevating your play as a group and picking up your offense and doing enough to keep your team in games? How about generating a pass rush, giving your secondary a chance, and getting to the QB sometime before he has time to have a smoke and a nap while he sits back in the pocket? How about actually putting some of this individual talent together for a collective performance and rising to the occasion and getting your revenge later by beating Minnesota and winning in the playoffs?

But nah, it's probably a better idea to headbutt an opposing player after a stopped 3rd down, essentially turning the ball over and single handedly costing your team 7 points while you set the tone for the rest of the game, and follow that up with a totally listless performance. That'll show 'em not to mess with you guys!

So great work, Mike. You sure did that defense proud.

Last edited:

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have liked him for years. Absolutely fed up with him lately. Disgusted with him. His lackluster play lately notwithstanding, he concerns himself far too much with matters beyond his control and not nearly enough with the things he can control, as evidenced by his comments this past week:

“I’m like, when are we going to retaliate?” Daniels asked his defense Saturday. “I’m not saying knock anybody out, but I’m saying make opposing offenses … not too excited about having to line up across from us. That’s a rivalry game. these guys come in with bad intentions and bad blood against us.

Here's a crazy idea, Mike. If you want to retaliate so bad, how about do it by taking some accountability for this defense and elevating your play as a group and picking up your offense and doing enough to keep your team in games? How about generating a pass rush, giving your secondary a chance, and getting to the QB sometime before he has time to have a smoke and a nap while he sits back in the pocket? How about actually putting some of this individual talent together for a collective performance and rising to the occasion and getting your revenge later by beating Minnesota and winning in the playoffs?

But nah, it's probably a better idea to headbutt an opposing player after a stopped 3rd down, essentially turning the ball over and single handedly costing your team 7 points while you set the tone for the rest of the game, and follow that up with a totally listless performance. That'll show 'em not to mess with you guys!

Was anybody else pissed off at the penalty tonight? Headbutting has ALWAYS been illegal in the NFL!

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm more pissed off about the two blatant PI on the same drive that were not called on Detroit.

D

Deleted member 6794

I was especially frustrated with Daniels on that occasion considering he had a clean shot to sack Stafford on the play but whiffed on it.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that game couldn't have started out any better or worse for us given all the circumstances. Young QB finds some momentum and drive down to scoring position only to botch it with a bad snap and kick, though I think from inside 40 an NFL kicker should be able to reboot and re-boot the kick thru the uprights regardless. the snap wasn't perfect, but the ball did get placed.

Then our much maligned defense, despite forcing a 3 and out, still finds a way to give up a Touchdown. Great starts, horrible finishes.

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stupid penalty, yes.

Daniels was excellent against the run all night though.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's not saying much against the Lions.
holding a team to about 60 yards on over 30 carries and less than 2 yards a pop is good against any NFL team. Nobody claimed this defense was on fire or even good last night. but the statement about Daniels against the run is pretty accurate.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
holding a team to about 60 yards on over 30 carries and less than 2 yards a pop is good against any NFL team. Nobody claimed this defense was on fire or even good last night. but the statement about Daniels against the run is pretty accurate.
You do realize that Detroit was only rushing for something like 80 yards a game anyway? So holding them to 60 isn't really a big feat.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You do realize that Detroit was only rushing for something like 80 yards a game anyway? So holding them to 60 isn't really a big feat.
i do, so what? less than 2 yards per carry is less than 2 yards per carry in over 30 attempts. That's good. You do realize that correct? I'm not tryin to say our defense is great, but they played well against the run last night, which was the statement you're trying to argue against. Even if it was Detroit.

NJPackfan..

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It might be completely insignificant, but I can't help thinking that Daniels personal foul on the Lions first drive might have set the tone for the whole game. The Packers had the Lions stopped, but Daniels (stupid) penalty gave the Lions a first down on their way to their first touchdown. I believe it was the first opening drive touchdown by the Lions this season ?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it wasn't insignificant, it was very important. We had stopped them and forced a punt. It was stupid and it cost us and it set the tone. It was bad enough to not get points after a decent drive by the offense, but to then follow it up with that when had gotten exactly what you needed out of the defense after the missed FG? He needs to just shut his mouth and go to work. He's better than that.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FWIW Jon Gruden said Mike Daniels did nothing to warrant a 15-yard penalty. Roughing the passer? What did Clete Blakeman see that we didn't? He never even touched Matt Stafford!
I didn't actually see the penalty, heard it was a headbutt. They flag headbutts. So if he did, that's on him. If he didn't. Then I'll forgive him, but the penalty was called and it really changed the start of that game

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My guess is perhaps in light of all the crazy fights that happened on Sunday, the referees wanted to put the kibosh on any likelihood they'd get started in that game early and often. I did disagree with the call though and thought it was way too tacky and feel the refs let a lot of other things go uncalled in games that are far worse than that.

I do not however, use that as a copout to what Capers has been doing with this defense, and nor does it change my mind that we gotta do the right thing once this season is over and drop kick him.

Reggie White Cheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I talked about this with a coworker today.. Anything at this point to grasp straws for the loss of activeness our team has will be mentioned. Nevertheless, that penalty could have set a precedent to the game, maybe we go down and score and are up 7-0 I still think our defense would have and did show its true colors which is.. Lifelessness.

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My guess is perhaps in light of all the crazy fights that happened on Sunday, the referees wanted to put the kibosh on any likelihood they'd get started in that game early and often. I did disagree with the call though and thought it was way too tacky and feel the refs let a lot of other things go uncalled in games that are far worse than that.

I do not however, use that as a copout to what Capers has been doing with this defense, and nor does it change my mind that we gotta do the right thing once this season is over and drop kick him.

FYI game officials are not allowed to watch any other games live or recorded. I don't think Clete Blakeman's crew even knew there were stupid fights resulting in ejections and suspensions on Sunday. However, officials are trained to deal with division rivalry scuffles early in the game before they get out of control.

If the NFL did not have a rule to give all 17 officiating crews a MNF game, I would say some of them should only work on Sundays. This penalty is one reason for that. Ticky tack call and not called right.

Reaction score
We played sloppy and the officiating didn’t go our way. Clay also had a 3rd and 16 that he jumped offsides.
That’s 2 drives that our Defense easily could have prevented them chewing up the clock and scoring and worse yet it was 2 more drives that we didn’t get for our Offense.
I said our Defense would have to play above average (but not spectacular) to carry our Offense and they graded out poorly.
Lack of Time of possession was the result and limiting an already limited Offense.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FYI game officials are not allowed to watch any other games live or recorded. I don't think Clete Blakeman's crew even knew there were stupid fights resulting in ejections and suspensions on Sunday. However, officials are trained to deal with division rivalry scuffles early in the game before they get out of control.

If the NFL did not have a rule to give all 17 officiating crews a MNF game, I would say some of them should only work on Sundays. This penalty is one reason for that. Ticky tack call and not called right.

Interesting, though I wonder how much you could enforce that these days considering you got the whole NFL mobile app and everything with technology these days that allows you to practically go out into the woods without being seen and watch football games. And even if they didn't see it, obviously there's texts, emails and everything else between their buddies/friends/you name it. Anyhow no matter, I'm just thinking it's hard to imagine in today's world of the NFL too many people being "unaware" of things.

Now, that penalty even being ticky tacky, I think even if it went uncalled we still lose just given our struggles on both O without Rodgers and D with Capers. But what's just crazy is how a ticky tacky thing like that could definitely affect the outcome of a big game such as 2 conference leaders going head to head, or a major playoff game. That's definitely why I want Goodell fired and this officiating mess cleaned up.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
FWIW Jon Gruden said Mike Daniels did nothing to warrant a 15-yard penalty. Roughing the passer? What did Clete Blakeman see that we didn't? He never even touched Matt Stafford!
He threw a head butt. It wasn't much, but it doesn't have to be. A headbutt if seen will pull a flag every time. It was stupid on his part and I doubt he ever does it again. Found a site that has a video.
http://thebiglead.com/2017/11/06/vi...-this-was-a-penalty-on-the-green-bay-packers/

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting, though I wonder how much you could enforce that these days considering you got the whole NFL mobile app and everything with technology these days that allows you to practically go out into the woods without being seen and watch football games. And even if they didn't see it, obviously there's texts, emails and everything else between their buddies/friends/you name it. Anyhow no matter, I'm just thinking it's hard to imagine in today's world of the NFL too many people being "unaware" of things.

Now, that penalty even being ticky tacky, I think even if it went uncalled we still lose just given our struggles on both O without Rodgers and D with Capers. But what's just crazy is how a ticky tacky thing like that could definitely affect the outcome of a big game such as 2 conference leaders going head to head, or a major playoff game. That's definitely why I want Goodell fired and this officiating mess cleaned up.

I am not blaming the whole loss on bad officiating, of course. Clay Matthews did jump offsides on third down. Brett Hundley showed his inexperience when we did have the ball. But the game would have been manageable if we forced the Lions to punt.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ridiculous though that that kind of thing must be called and not a late hit on a QB that caused a broken collarbone.

Here is the thing about Anthony Barr's late hit: officials are trained to ignore the fact that a player was injured on the play. I think it should have been a penalty, but not because the result was Aaron Rodgers getting hurt.

Latest posts