Might as well trade Rodgers....

Wildcatk23

Repeat?
Reaction score
It seems the packers as an organization is not intent on winning now . The draft picks for Love and Dillon should have been that nail in the coffin But here i hoped, you know what they could trade for a WR, or LB still before the deadline . Maybe move Williams a caliber backup for a nice WR or LB. lol once again this organization has wasted one of the greatest generational talents at QB we have ever seen. At this point there objective is clear, prepare for a future with Love and Dillon. Might as well trade Rodgers for as many draft picks and young players as you can get and prepare for the **** days of greenbay again . I genuinely feel bad that Rodgers had to deal with some of the poorest defenses ever to carry on his back .

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
may as well, kick my dog too before you send him on his way. oh wait, trade deadline is over. My dog is safe

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll pass on trading Rodgers I don't know what to say about Gute though a lot of his moves do not seem to be working out and I can't think of any way to justify the horrible draft we had.
I'm not at the point were I want him fired but I do wonder what exactly happened he was making a lot of good moves before and showed a willingness to try to fix holes in our roster.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fire Rodgers, Fire Adams, Fire Jones, Fire Bakhtiari, Fire Kenny, Fire Jaire.

There...I think that I just got rid of our only elite players. That should satisfy the sky-is-falling crowd.

OP
OP
Wildcatk23

Wildcatk23

Repeat?
Reaction score
Fire Rodgers, Fire Adams, Fire Jones, Fire Bakhtiari, Fire Kenny, Fire Jaire.

There...I think that I just got rid of our only elite players. That should satisfy the sky-is-falling crowd.

The roster, especially on the defensive side of the ball is not good enough to beat elite teams.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems the packers as an organization is not intent on winning now . The draft picks for Love and Dillon should have been that nail in the coffin But here i hoped, you know what they could trade for a WR, or LB still before the deadline . Maybe move Williams a caliber backup for a nice WR or LB. lol once again this organization has wasted one of the greatest generational talents at QB we have ever seen. At this point there objective is clear, prepare for a future with Love and Dillon. Might as well trade Rodgers for as many draft picks and young players as you can get and prepare for the **** days of greenbay again . I genuinely feel bad that Rodgers had to deal with some of the poorest defenses ever to carry on his back .

You'd be surprised at what you won't get for him. No we're stuck with him until we smarten up to his value. We'll be lucky to get Favre value with Rodgers' attitude issues.

OP
OP
Wildcatk23

Wildcatk23

Repeat?
Reaction score
You'd be surprised at what you won't get for him. No we're stuck with him until we smarten up to his value. We'll be lucky to get Favre value with Rodgers' attitude issues.

not many teams take the “packers” attitude over talent approach . It’s why we haven’t been to a Super Bowl in 10 years tho .

David Ciembronowicz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hard to believe that the GM and top management are satisfied with this team or even remotely believe that they can win a SB. Defense is terrible against the run, fair against the pass, receivers outside of Adams and Tonyan are fair at best. No movement to bring in more talent is not surprising yet, it is considering the Tampa Bay and Viking game results. This team has major holes, you can say part of it is related to injury, however, they need help in WR, DL, LB, CB and OL. Their recent draft did not fill ANY of those needs, instead they went or so-called "depth", unfortunately that depth is not going to help for another 2,3,4 or even 5 years. Someone suggested trading Rodgers, might be a good idea, if Love "is the future" then get a couple 1st rounders and a 3rd for Rodgers- if you believe this GM can choose the right guys

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's been noted that it's not economically feasible to trade Rodgers right now, and with the trade deadline past, it's a moot point anyway. But I am curious as to what we could get for him if he were traded. I have a feeling it's not as much as we might think.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is election level pissing and moaning lol

‘Tis the season I guess

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem with trading a guy when everybody knows you're looking to trade him is you won't get anywhere near what you want for him or maybe even not even what he's worth. We got what for Favre a second or third rounder? The Patriots picked up Moss for a fourth rounder.
If they came out in the off-season and started putting out trade feelers for Rodgers, you wouldn't be getting two firsts and a third, you likely wouldn't even get one first.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not making a deal does not mean they’re satisfied with the roster. If they were satisfied, they wouldn’t have been in the trade market.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hard cold truth is Rodgers will never win another SB in Green Bay. He’s going to have to do that somewhere else. This organization has shown that they just aren’t willing to do whatever it takes to win it. Rodgers will play next season and be gone after that. Mark my words

OP
OP
Wildcatk23

Wildcatk23

Repeat?
Reaction score
Not making a deal does not mean they’re satisfied with the roster. If they were satisfied, they wouldn’t have been in the trade market.
My wife sometimes tells me she’s satisfied with my performance .

She lies.

Everybody lies .

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is election level pissing and moaning lol
‘Tis the season I guess
It depends on your perspective. If you're a guy who's happy with winning and making the playoffs most years, you're probably giddy. If you're hoping to get another Super Bowl win out of a HOF quarterback, this doesn't look like the team.

Hard cold truth is Rodgers will never win another SB in Green Bay.
It's looking increasingly unlikely. I've been having a suspicion the front office has been thinking that as well, which is why we saw the offseason that we did. It looks much more like they're building toward a future without Rodgers (and his massive salary, I guess). And the cap situation was probably too tight to significantly add more pieces.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yes, i love not winning super bowls :) The only thing better than just making it to NFCCG's would be wild card weekend and get bumped right away. after that I pray for 8-8 seasons. Just good enough we don't get great draft positions, but definitely not good enough to challenge for anything

Do you honestly think I don't want better players on this team? If it really was a 2nd for Fuller, yes, I am giddy we didn't do it. Simply because he doesn't stop the run, and neither do we. I don't care if we have a better receiver, scoring points isn't really our issue outside of 1 game. I don't think he brings us a Super Bowl. maybe next year, but then we wouldn't be affording him next year anyway. Just add him to the list of players we likely can't re-sign and now we've given up a high round pick that could help fill the void.

Sure that pick might not doing anything to help us in the future, he might suck. But then it can't be any worse than a guy that's not even here to help. Given the current Cap situation of the league, given our constraints this year and next it should really have been to nobody's surprise that no big changes came and yet people sound like they may as well pack it in for the next couple years because they didn't. If that's what they're expecting they need a serious recalibration on reality.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yes, i love not winning super bowls :) The only thing better than just making it to NFCCG's would be wild card weekend and get bumped right away. after that I pray for 8-8 seasons. Just good enough we don't get great draft positions, but definitely not good enough to challenge for anything

Do you honestly think I don't want better players on this team? If it really was a 2nd for Fuller, yes, I am giddy we didn't do it. Simply because he doesn't stop the run, and neither do we. I don't care if we have a better receiver, scoring points isn't really our issue outside of 1 game. I don't think he brings us a Super Bowl. maybe next year, but then we wouldn't be affording him next year anyway. Just add him to the list of players we likely can't re-sign and now we've given up a high round pick that could help fill the void.

Sure that pick might not doing anything to help us in the future, he might suck. But then it can't be any worse than a guy that's not even here to help. Given the current Cap situation of the league, given our constraints this year and next it should really have been to nobody's surprise that no big changes came and yet people sound like they may as well pack it in for the next couple years because they didn't. If that's what they're expecting they need a serious recalibration on reality.

I hear why you’re saying, and I agree to an extent...but when u have an “older” all time great QB STILL playing at a high level, you don’t approach things with the we will just wait and see mentality. You try and win NOW. It’s not like Rodgers is 26. Gute isn’t doing enough right now...it’s as simple as that.

You’re either a legit SB contender or you’re not...the Packers at this current stage is NOT a legit SB contender. They can win the North yes, because none of the teams in the North are legit SB contenders imo...but they won’t beat the Seahawks or Buccaneers to even get that far anyways so.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But I don't think Fuller made us a Legit contender. If they're going to make a move under the circumstances we're under, it better be for a slam dunk. Injuries and things happen, I can live with that if it all seems to line up in theory. But sure Fuller makes our WR's better in a month or so after he could have been activated and then acclimated. but his effect would have been short lived and would only make an already tough offseason tougher.

jon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am totally opposed to trading Rodgers.

Make that 99% opposed. The 1% comes when I remember what New England got for Tom Brady.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not many teams take the “packers” attitude over talent approach . It’s why we haven’t been to a Super Bowl in 10 years tho .

6 Divisions won in those 10 years and 8 playoff appearances, easily can be said were Super Bowl contenders every year except the years' Aaron got hurt.....there are what "maybe" 3 other teams that have been better in that time as a whole?

*Not even noting superbowls as we all remember whose won those
Patriots - 10 playoff appearances and divisions won
Seahawks - 7 playoff appearances with 4 years they won their division
Steelers - 4 divisions won and 6 playoff appearances
Chiefs - 5 Division wins and 7 playoff appearances

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am totally opposed to trading Rodgers.

Make that 99% opposed. The 1% comes when I remember what New England got for Tom Brady.
I agreed but that is one of those decisions I am glad I don't have to make. As long as he is playing well...

OP
OP
Wildcatk23

Wildcatk23

Repeat?
Reaction score
6 Divisions won in those 10 years and 8 playoff appearances, easily can be said were Super Bowl contenders every year except the years' Aaron got hurt.....there are what "maybe" 3 other teams that have been better in that time as a whole?

*Not even noting superbowls as we all remember whose won those
Patriots - 10 playoff appearances and divisions won
Seahawks - 7 playoff appearances with 4 years they won their division
Steelers - 4 divisions won and 6 playoff appearances
Chiefs - 5 Division wins and 7 playoff appearances

Now imagine if you traded for defensive playmakers , signed elite free agents, did anything other then the “draft and develop” approach with one or the best QBs of all time .

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now imagine if you traded for defensive playmakers , signed elite free agents, did anything other then the “draft and develop” approach with one or the best QBs of all time .
Preston Smith, Zadarius Smith Adrian Amos, heard of them? It would be nice if we could do that every year... but just signing those guys is a big part of the reason That Aaron Jones and possibly David Bakhtiari May not be Packers next year. That being said .... I’m not a fan of what they did in this past year’s draft.

OP
OP
Wildcatk23

Wildcatk23

Repeat?
Reaction score
Preston Smith, Zadarius Smith Adrian Amos, heard of them? It would be nice if we could do that every year... but just signing those guys is a big part of the reason That Aaron Jones and possibly David Bakhtiari May not be Packers next year. That being said .... I’m not a fan of what they did in this past year’s draft.
You mentioned 1 year . In what year 13 for Rodgers ?

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well the current GM and coach have only been here for a short time. I assumed you wanted your points to be relevant.

If you want to complain about the past regime ... ok but I’m not sure what the point is.

Latest posts