Michael Clark and other training camp tidbits

D

Deleted member 6794

Per Rapoport:

Packers RT Bryan Bulaga, coming back from a torn ACL quicker than expected, passed his physical & will practice today. He impressed those in GB with how he's returned.

Great news. Hopefully he will be able to stay healthy this season.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, let's wait and see how Adams performs in 2018 compared to those players.

Yeah I like Davante, but peak Jordy had a 3 year stretch averaging approx 1360 yards and 12 tds a season. For davante to get those numbers he’d have to take his best season as a packer and tack on about 400 yards. Jordys best season went for 98 catches 1519 yards and 13 tds, those numbers woulda placed Jordy firmly as the number 1 wr in football last season. I think davante can get about 1100 yards and
Beckham is one of the all time generational WR talents the game has ever seen.

Jordy was great, but the gap between his peak and Beckham/Julio/AB was/is significant. Davante Adams was highly productive with the worst starting QB in the league in the 2nd half of the year last year.

I think Adams takes an enormous leap this season.

Peak Jordy was right up there with the best. Adams is a legit number 1 wr, but imo Jordy was closer to the elite of the game than Adams is to Jordy. Adams will improve, but he’s still got a lot to prove to be compared to Jordy imo.

Jordy best season: 98 catches, 1519 yards, 13 td catch% 65

Beckham best season: 96 catches 1450 yards, 13 tds catch% 61

Adams best season: 75 catches 997 yards, 12 tds catch %62

D

Deleted member 6794

Yeah I like Davante, but peak Jordy had a 3 year stretch averaging approx 1360 yards and 12 tds a season. For davante to get those numbers he’d have to take his best season as a packer and tack on about 400 yards. Jordys best season went for 98 catches 1519 yards and 13 tds, those numbers woulda placed Jordy firmly as the number 1 wr in football last season. I think davante can get about 1100 yards and

Adams might not have reached his peak so far though. During his first four seasons (237 receptions, 2,811 receiving yards, 26 TDs) he has had better numbers than Nelson (168-2,531-21).

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adams might not have reached his peak so far though. During his first four seasons (237 receptions, 2,811 receiving yards, 26 TDs) he has had better numbers than Nelson (168-2,531-21).

Oh dang my bad I didn’t even mean to reply , I was creating a reply last night but then decided not to but I guess what I was writing stayed saved somehow in my reply. But yeah I agree that Adams isn’t peaked, but still he’s got a ways to go to hit jordys peak and all players don’t have the same trajectory.

D

Deleted member 6794

But yeah I agree that Adams isn’t peaked, but still he’s got a ways to go to hit jordys peak and all players don’t have the same trajectory.

True, Adams putting up great numbers with Hundley throwing him the ball might indicate he's headed in the right direction though.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Seems that there is a consistent drum beat that Jake Kumerow is impressing in practice at wide receiver. One would think all the rookie draft picks would basically eliminate any shot he has at making the roster, but I keep reading that he’s getting snaps with the ones and that he’s impressing. He’s a 6’4” 210 lb player with fair athleticism. Practice squad seems most likely, but maybe he shocks the twittersphere and bumps off one of the draft picks.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was on the practice squad last year right? I would say that's an advantage. But a year from now he could be just another Janis and Abbrederis. As much as I like EQS and Valdez-Scantling until they go against league competition I'm going to hold off on championing anyone.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I keep hearing his name too. Maybe because he played DIII ball in the state people are watching him more? but they do all say, he's catching everything and catching coaches eyes while doing it. I don't care the WR's come from if they can get where they're supposed to be and catch the ball. And even if they're not where they're supposed to be, catch the ball. Don't run wide open and then let the ball fall 2 feet in front of you because you didn't see it on your way to an explosive pass play or TD

D

Deleted member 6794

He was on the practice squad last year right? I would say that's an advantage.

Kumerow didn't sign with the Packers until late last December, spending only a week on the team's practice squad in 2017. Therefore he hasn't had any advantage over one of the rookies.

Miss Jordy Nelson but time to move on. And hope Aaron can have a go to guy.

Adams is the go to guy.

Might?

You really hedge your bets, don’t you?

You should read the entire thread as we were discussing about Adams possible becoming a top five receiver in the league this season.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cole Madison though... not sure if he will even play ball..
Yeah what’s up with him? Anyone know why he isn’t in camp? Seems like a pretty big mystery. NOT good for a rookie to miss snaps in camp.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I keep hearing his name too. Maybe because he played DIII ball in the state people are watching him more? but they do all say, he's catching everything and catching coaches eyes while doing it. I don't care the WR's come from if they can get where they're supposed to be and catch the ball. And even if they're not where they're supposed to be, catch the ball. Don't run wide open and then let the ball fall 2 feet in front of you because you didn't see it on your way to an explosive pass play or TD
Gotta agree with you Mondio. Who cares if he came from DIII if he’s catching balls and getting praise from ARod? Seems the fastest way for a WR to achieve success in GB is to earn Rodgersa trust. There are reasons ARod has thrown so few INTs. He develops great communication with his most reliable WRs. I like J’Mon Moore going into TC, bit if it’s Jake Kumerow making the plays, who cares?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Yeah what’s up with him? Anyone know why he isn’t in camp? Seems like a pretty big mystery. NOT good for a rookie to miss snaps in camp.

The last comment I saw was this:

“He’s dealing with a personal issue and we’ll give him some time to deal with that,” said Packers GM Brian Gutekunst. “We’re more concerned about Cole.”

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Besides the complexity of playing in the NFL, I would imagine one of the most difficult things that a DIII player deals with, aren't his own skills, but those of the people he is playing against. A guy like Calvin Ridley, by playing for Alabama went up against some decent talent while at Alabama. A guy like Kumerow was probably going up against guys who are now playing in pickup games on the weekends.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh dang my bad I didn’t even mean to reply , I was creating a reply last night but then decided not to but I guess what I was writing stayed saved somehow in my reply. But yeah I agree that Adams isn’t peaked, but still he’s got a ways to go to hit jordys peak and all players don’t have the same trajectory.
Nelson wasn’t great from the get-go either. Without looking it up, I highly doubt his peak year was his third year. Jennings was the team’s best receiver in those days.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The last comment I saw was this:

“He’s dealing with a personal issue and we’ll give him some time to deal with that,” said Packers GM Brian Gutekunst. “We’re more concerned about Cole.”
Thanks for the update. Not real encouraging, but best not to speculate. I’m disappointed becasue I thought (think) he fits the prototype for a GBP OL. Well let’s hope he gets back soon. Missing reps in TC and PS games is not a good way to make the roster, or even the practice squad.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Nelson wasn’t great from the get-go either. Without looking it up, I highly doubt his peak year was his third year. Jennings was the team’s best receiver in those days.

I am sure someone can do some digging to prove me wrong, but I don't really recall a rookie WR and even a second year guy breaking out, this includes some high picks through the years. As you pointed out, Jennings probably was the closest guy to "really good right out of the box". Jordy didn't start putting up impressive numbers til year 4.

The importance of this? Well if you look at the Packer WR depth chart, besides Adams and Cobb, I really can't expect much out of the rest of the group, just based on history.

Members online

Latest posts