Michael Clark and other training camp tidbits

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
If I see two 20 year old college students and one is behaving like this and the other is not I know which one I am going to have more respect for. I'm going to let it go at that.

If you have a daughter, I bet you know which one you would rather have her dating as well ;)

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Does anyone know what’s up with Rodgers weird obsession over Kumerow? It can’t just be that he practices like a pro and runs the right routes. I’ve never seen Rodgers this goo goo ga ga over a player before.

Maybe he likes all that hair and his man beard? Not that there is anything wrong with that!

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, this is nothing new from #12. He has been known to get in his teammates grills and let them know what they are or aren't doing correctly. He is the Captain and the hub of the team, I have no problems with that as long as its justified and constructive.
Very true. There may be some more attention being paid this year with the exit of Nelson and the addition of the new receivers. And you’re right, Rodgers, at one time or another, has gotten after teammates on both O and D. I think that’s a good thing, and judging from the performance Thursday of Valdez-Scantling, St. Brown, and Kumerow, it looks like it worked. I’m disappointed with Moore though, the highest of the three picks. He dropped too many passes Thursday night, in particular that long pass from Boyle that was right on the money. He’ll have to pick it up, and I expect he will. Even though the pass was dropped, he created great separation. Last steps, catch the ball and keep going!

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe he likes all that hair and his man beard? Not that there is anything wrong with that!
Who knows? But if Rodgers likes him that means he must be doing all the right things. Rare praise from Rodgers though for a relatively unknown guy.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Could be he changes his ways. I love the guy, don't get me wrong. He could go down as one of the steals of the draft. However, there was a reason he was still available at #207 in the 6th round. Most point to not for lack of talent, but he and his father were not really the easiest people to work with while he was at Notre Dame. They had their own philosophy on workouts and drills and given the nature of college football, that was probably tolerated due to his and his younger brothers (future recruit targets) talent levels. That won't fly in the NFL, hopefully he knows that and is a smart enough guy to go with the flow.
Interesting background that I did not know. And yeah, there had to be a reason(s) for such an athletically-gifted guy to drop to the 6th round. Well, a lot of guys grow up in the NFL once they learn that, week in and week out, they’re playing against the best players. A little humility wouldn’t hurt him. That said, he did play well Thursday.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Who knows? But if Rodgers likes him that means he must be doing all the right things. Rare praise from Rodgers though for a relatively unknown guy.

I think Rodgers likes guys who he feels are prepared and put in the hard work. The guys who know the playbook, audibles and what to do when it's a busted play. Blow a route, miss an audible or be caught standing on the field in the middle of a play and you are probably not going to win #12's confidence. Rightfully so IMO, these guys are professionals making big bucks, treat it like a job, not a game.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Very true. There may be some more attention being paid this year with the exit of Nelson and the addition of the new receivers. And you’re right, Rodgers, at one time or another, has gotten after teammates on both O and D. I think that’s a good thing, and judging from the performance Thursday of Valdez-Scantling, St. Brown, and Kumerow, it looks like it worked. I’m disappointed with Moore though, the highest of the three picks. He dropped too many passes Thursday night, in particular that long pass from Boyle that was right on the money. He’ll have to pick it up, and I expect he will. Even though the pass was dropped, he created great separation. Last steps, catch the ball and keep going!
Agreed. Personally, I would rather see a young rookie drop a few balls after he ran a great rout and got that separation, because chances are he will start making those catches, something he has been doing all his football life. Much harder to learn routes and how to separate, than to settle down and catch a well thrown ball, which they will get from #12. Not to pick on Jeff Janis, but he had one great game, with one great catch, other than that, he didn't run good routes, dropped a few and basically never caught on to being a WR for the Packers.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers received some good news on the injury front on Sunday.

The following players returned to practice but didn’t do team drills: RB Aaron Jones, DL Mike Daniels, CB Kevin King and LT David Bakhtiari.

These players returned and took part in all drills: CB Jaire Alexander, WR Adonis Jennings, FB Joe Kerridge, WR Randall Cobb, DL Muhammad Wilkerson and TE Jimmy Graham.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers received some good news on the injury front on Sunday.

The following players returned to practice but didn’t do team drills: RB Aaron Jones, DL Mike Daniels, CB Kevin King and LT David Bakhtiari.

These players returned and took part in all drills: CB Jaire Alexander, WR Adonis Jennings, FB Joe Kerridge, WR Randall Cobb, DL Muhammad Wilkerson and TE Jimmy Graham.

That's good news. I hope we get a preview of what Alexander can bring to the table against Pittsburg Thursday night.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's good news. I hope we get a preview of what Alexander can bring to the table against Pittsburg Thursday night.
I think he's going to be good for us. He'll make mistakes, but I think he's Randall with a coachable and tolerable cockiness and confudence as opposed to Randall's defiance and arrogance. He's going to make some good plays for us, he's an athlete for sure. It's ok to think you're better than everybody else, but when you think you know more than everyone else too, it's a detriment. The outgoing guy seemed to have that problem, I don't get that sense from Alexander. He'll make mistakes and learn rather than blame.

D

Deleted member 6794

Gutekunst mentioned during his press conference today that the Packers don't expect Cole Madison to report to the team anytime soon but didn't rule out him returning at some point this season. In addition he reassured the team fully supports him during a personal issue.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds like the kid has something he has to get thru that's much more important than football. I hope he does and comes thru a stronger person.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
My guess is that he’s in rehab. That seems to make the most sense.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. Personally, I would rather see a young rookie drop a few balls after he ran a great rout and got that separation, because chances are he will start making those catches, something he has been doing all his football life. Much harder to learn routes and how to separate, than to settle down and catch a well thrown ball, which they will get from #12. Not to pick on Jeff Janis, but he had one great game, with one great catch, other than that, he didn't run good routes, dropped a few and basically never caught on to being a WR for the Packers.

He played well in some preseason games but I dont believe Rodgers ever singled him out for praise prior to that monster game in the Post Season. Nor did he ever look good practicing with Rodgers. That Kumerow is earning throws from Rodgers and praise from him in practice is worth noting. Beyond that he's one of many receivers to have been praised. Remember Jason Chery, he had some hype and then failed to catch on in either the NFL or the CFL. Chastin West was another guy who was hyped and then never did anything. How about Jarrett Boykin? Lots of guys will get some hype in camp and in the Preseason but until it translates into the regular season we really wont know anything. I just hope that out of all these cats that 1 or two can consistently contribute opposite of Adams and maybe provide an upgrade over Allison, who has good quicks but lacks anything resembling deep speed. This offense desperately needs someone who take take the top off the defense to keep atleast one safety back on any given play.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers trade CB Lenzy Pipkins to the Colts for LB Antonio Morrison

Awesome trade. This must be in response for Burks getting injured. Morrison should instantly compete for a starting role or replace Fackrell or Odom on the outside. I'm probably overhyping him since he's from Florida. But when's the last time a Florida defensive player was a bust????

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

Awesome trade. This must be in response for Burks getting injured. Morrison should instantly compete for a starting role or replace Fackrell or Odom on the outside. I'm probably overhyping him since he's from Florida. But when's the last time a Florida defensive player was a bust????

Really awesome trade IMO. Just starting to read about Morrison and he lead the Colts in tackles last year at the age of 22! The Colts switched from a 3-4 to a 4-3 so it sounds like he was out of position and down their depth chart.

This could be a case of a solid trade by 2 teams, with different needs and with guys who may have been cut anyway!

"Morrison was a 2016 fourth-round draft pick who had dropped down the depth chart at the Colts moved from a 3-4 defense to coordinator Matt Eberflus’ 4-3. He had appeared in 31 games with 19 starts, and led the team in tackles last season with 109"

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

My understanding is he is an Inside Linebacker not outside.

Sounds like he is a good pick-up. Hopefully Burk will not be out too long.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
My understanding is he is an Inside Linebacker not outside.

Sounds like he is a good pick-up. Hopefully Burk will not be out too long.

He is definitely an ILB that doesn't really fit into the Colts new 4-3 scheme, thus he was expendable. Whether the Packers need him as a starter, rotation or depth, I think it was a wonderful move.

Latest posts