Metrodome, worst stadium in NFL ?

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope I won't come off as winey as that Charger fan bashing Lambeau but I've been to the Dome many times and this weekend more then ever I realizeed it's one of the worst buildings in the league. I don't mean this to be rude and I know even a lot of Vike fans I talked to are sick of the city's slow movement on a new stadium. I went inside almost a full hour before the game and hardly got to my seats on time and not cause I was doing anything else. The alleys (especially upstairs) are so small I almost freaked out from getting conjested and the traffic not even moving. And then as many others were complaining, with it so packed and no room to walk who's the genuiss who put all the beer and concession stands there yet to completly F things up.
Also I noticed the difference between Lambeau and the dome is the fans. In GB I can sit down and maybe get up to let someone throw 2 times other then halftime. AT the Dome I thought I was at a baseball game. I must of got up 30 times (literally) to let someone throw and usually right during the play. I'm not the fan whgo gets aggitated easy but finally after the same women walked by me for the 10th time I figured why are you here.
On the bright side for that Charger fan there was a cute girl in the stands if that gets him off. LOL

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From purely a TV view I can't stand the Raider's stadium where they have to share the infield with the baseball team. Looks bad and can't be much fun to play on.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the worst stadium in all of sports is the Devil Rays' stadium. I hate when they show games from there on TV. It's like they are playing in a high school gym.

I'm pretty sure Vikes fans would agree that they need a new stadium, though. Do they want another indoor stadium?

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cdnfavrefan, as much as I hate to admit it, I agree.

Our stadium is offensive, and our offense is offensive.

And now my avatar and sig are offensive.

Dang, this is depressing............ARGHHHHHH! :(

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score

just have to suck it up buddy. enjoy.

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vikesrule said:

just have to suck it up buddy. enjoy.

It would appear he is coming back from the dark side...slowly but surely...

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I must of got up 30 times (literally) to let someone throw and usually right during the play. I'm not the fan whgo gets aggitated easy but finally after the same women walked by me for the 10th time I figured why are you here.
On the bright side for that Charger fan there was a cute girl in the stands if that gets him off. LOL

Oh man I hate that too. That, and people talking on their cell phone at a baseball/football game. That really gets on my nerves. :roll: :evil:

OP
OP
C

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for not being offended Vikesfans. I figured you'd not be offended cause from the people I talk to no one is more frustrated then Viking fans on the slow process of a new building.
Any of you know where things stand right now. It's changed so often I've quit following where they're at

V

Vikeman

Thanks for not being offended Vikesfans. I figured you'd not be offended cause from the people I talk to no one is more frustrated then Viking fans on the slow process of a new building.
Any of you know where things stand right now. It's changed so often I've quit following where they're at

Who knows...I'm prepared for the long coming move of the Vikings. The bridge collapse sealed it's fate. When the Vikings do move or cease to exist...I will cease being an nfl fan.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cdnfavrefan said:

Who knows...I'm prepared for the long coming move of the Vikings. The bridge collapse sealed it's fate. When the Vikings do move or cease to exist...I will cease being an nfl fan.

Is moving the Vikings seriously on the table? I can't imagine that happening. I mean, anything could happen, but it's hard to imagine something like that happening. I guess if they keep pushing aside the building of a new stadium, then it could.

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score

They are definately dragging their feet. In the end the stadium will cost double the original projected cost. Cost of materials, labor, transport, consultation, and even the land where they eventually build are only going to increase.

You did not see the Colts mess around with building there new stadium. The two domes are almost indentical and were built around the same time.

I don't believe it will happen, but I prefer an outdoor stadium. We need to get homefield advantage back. Until you make the playoffs you are likely only to play two home games after December 1st anyway.
A retractable roof would seem ideal, but then again you are throwing another couple of hundred million into the pot for a retractable roof. It is better to do it right the first time then to have to build another stadium 25 years from now.

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
worst stadium for sports I think was old tigers stadium. Why in the hell would they put seats right behind the support beams? hahahahaah. had to peak your head around the beam to see the game. anyways. guess that's why they built the new stadium a few years ago lol.

css9450

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've only been to the Metrodome for baseball, but seeing it on TV Sunday reminded me why I hate it. The stale small, the shabby field, and the dirty "roof" just make it a miserable experience. The narrow aisles and doors have been mentioned already. Imagine going there in July to see the Twins, during the peak of a beautiful summer in the upper midwest - inside?!? I'd rather stay outside and get some sun, thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts