Meet the Newest Packer - Leo Bookman

route25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Receiver signed
The Packers have signed former Kansas receiver and track and field sprinter Leo Bookman to a free-agent contract.

Bookman hasn't played football since the 2002 season, when he quit the Jayhawks team to focus on track. He won three NCAA titles in the 200 meters and clocked one of the fastest 200 times in the world.

In November, Bookman received a public warning from the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency for testing positive for a banned substance that can be used only with prior medical approval, which the 6-foot-1, 205-pound Bookman did not have, according to published reports.

He's fast, and with a name like Bookman, probably smart, too. :D

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I will keep my opinions on this guy, he wont even make the final roster,,,, another cheap adition by TT.... not even worth spending my time reading about him..

route25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ron Wolf was known for bringing in guys like this for tryouts all the time. But I guess then it was considered shrewd, not cheap. I agree the guy is a longshot, but if he can catch at all, his speed could get him a roster spot. No harm in trying.

Popcynical

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His speed is very appealing, yes. But running a straight 200 meter race is very different from running a quick slant, catching the ball, missing a few tackles and running the ball into the end zone. Let's hope he's still got some receiving skills.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts