1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Meet the Newest Packer - Leo Bookman

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by pyledriver80, Apr 15, 2006.

1. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  2. route25

route25 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Receiver signed
    The Packers have signed former Kansas receiver and track and field sprinter Leo Bookman to a free-agent contract.

Bookman hasn't played football since the 2002 season, when he quit the Jayhawks team to focus on track. He won three NCAA titles in the 200 meters and clocked one of the fastest 200 times in the world.

In November, Bookman received a public warning from the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency for testing positive for a banned substance that can be used only with prior medical approval, which the 6-foot-1, 205-pound Bookman did not have, according to published reports.

He's fast, and with a name like Bookman, probably smart, too. :D

3. Lare

Lare Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If he was smart, he probably wouldn't have been using a banned substance.

4. Chamuko

Chamuko Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well I will keep my opinions on this guy, he wont even make the final roster,,,, another cheap adition by TT.... not even worth spending my time reading about him..

5. route25

route25 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Ron Wolf was known for bringing in guys like this for tryouts all the time. But I guess then it was considered shrewd, not cheap. I agree the guy is a longshot, but if he can catch at all, his speed could get him a roster spot. No harm in trying.

6. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Try everybody and anybody.
    What can it hurt, Teddy might find the proverbial "diamond in the rough".
    He might end up being another Travis Williams.

7. Popcynical

Popcynical Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    His speed is very appealing, yes. But running a straight 200 meter race is very different from running a quick slant, catching the ball, missing a few tackles and running the ball into the end zone. Let's hope he's still got some receiving skills.

8. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    hey Micheal Lewis for the Saints drove a beer truck during his five year hiatus from the game before becoming a pro bowl return man

9. WinnipegPackFan

WinnipegPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, me too pyledriver !