1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Mckenzie to Raid again?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by 13 Times Champs, May 2, 2012.

1. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
  2. GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal Cheese Goddess

Ratings:
    +1,123
    Mimicking is a form of flattery. Of course, that's not so important when the score matters. :eek:

3. jza80dreams

jza80dreams Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    i'm not too happy either. i understand its nice to have your guys come with you, but Mckenzie is supposed to BUILD the franchise with his own bricks in players and staff. not bricks from your old team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. 13 Times Champs

Ratings:
    +1,379
  5. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    Every team builds that way when they hire a GM. While the coaches traditionally come from a different organization than you, the scouts don't.

I don't know what people want him to do, not hire anyone that has been employed in the nfl before? Be happy when someone advances, it encourages younger talent to come here knowing the can spring board to something better

6. fettpett

fettpett Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +217
    I don't blame Mckenzie one bit. Those are guys he's worked with for a LONG time in Green Bay. Frankly I find the fact that he FINALLY got a GM spot kind of an insult to him. The guy has been one of the top Scouts in Green Bay since Wolf hired him. However, it's not like he poached half the scouting department, just one guy.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  7. 13 Times Champs

Ratings:
    +1,379
    It wasn't for lack of trying. According to the JS online article McKenzie tried to hire others from the scouting department.

8. fettpett

fettpett Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +217
    yeah, I read that, but also as they said, it's the highest form of flattery to Thompson and one of his MAIN selling points. You work for the Packers organization, everyone else wants you. I would MUCH rather have that attitude toward Green Bay than the one that was around between 1970-1992 where NO ONE wanted to work for Green Bay.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. slaughter25

slaughter25 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +211
    The packers organization is a factory for quality. Think about how many coaching assistants move on to be coordinators and head coaches else where after being a lowly position coach. Or how many back up QBs leave GB and have great careers. Its not a bad thing, we are constantly finding, teaching, and grooming talented people on all levels of our organization and as long as that continues to happen I dont think having a few people cherry picked here or there is a huge deal.

• Like Like x 1