Mckenzie to Raid again?

jza80dreams

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'm not too happy either. i understand its nice to have your guys come with you, but Mckenzie is supposed to BUILD the franchise with his own bricks in players and staff. not bricks from your old team.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'm not too happy either. i understand its nice to have your guys come with you, but Mckenzie is supposed to BUILD the franchise with his own bricks in players and staff. not bricks from your old team.

Every team builds that way when they hire a GM. While the coaches traditionally come from a different organization than you, the scouts don't.

I don't know what people want him to do, not hire anyone that has been employed in the nfl before? Be happy when someone advances, it encourages younger talent to come here knowing the can spring board to something better

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't blame Mckenzie one bit. Those are guys he's worked with for a LONG time in Green Bay. Frankly I find the fact that he FINALLY got a GM spot kind of an insult to him. The guy has been one of the top Scouts in Green Bay since Wolf hired him. However, it's not like he poached half the scouting department, just one guy.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It wasn't for lack of trying. According to the JS online article McKenzie tried to hire others from the scouting department.

yeah, I read that, but also as they said, it's the highest form of flattery to Thompson and one of his MAIN selling points. You work for the Packers organization, everyone else wants you. I would MUCH rather have that attitude toward Green Bay than the one that was around between 1970-1992 where NO ONE wanted to work for Green Bay.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The packers organization is a factory for quality. Think about how many coaching assistants move on to be coordinators and head coaches else where after being a lowly position coach. Or how many back up QBs leave GB and have great careers. Its not a bad thing, we are constantly finding, teaching, and grooming talented people on all levels of our organization and as long as that continues to happen I dont think having a few people cherry picked here or there is a huge deal.

Members online

Latest posts