Mccarthy's Post Draft Presser

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So the draft has ended and we're alwaya left with questions. Mccarthy had some interesting things to say concerning this draft such as keeping Bulaha and Barbre strictly at left tackle and Chillar can switch duties to LOLB. Thoughts?

NICKBARNETT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
read my thread about my team breakdown i said that we should put chillar at olb and then bam they wanna do it coach must have read my thread :to_keep_order: lol

OP
OP
N

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
read my thread about my team breakdown i said that we should put chillar at olb and then bam they wanna do it coach must have read my thread :to_keep_order: lol

Nick of course they'd listen to you. You're the captain of this defense and I hope the rumors of you being on the trading block are untrue :)

IMO Chillar isn't as good as everyone is making him out to be. That stuff about him being a hybrid LB and Safety is complete bull. When he did line up at safety in the Rams game he got burned for 2 TDs. Arguably the only TDs that the entire defense gave up that day.

NICKBARNETT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
doesnt play safty he plays the big okie its a safty in the box. ya i know he got burnt on the same play twice :suicide2: but put him at olb he wont have to alot of covering and if he does it wont be big time players.

i wouldent read to much about the barnett trade because the same guy said we would draft 2 cbs in the draft.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So the draft has ended and we're alwaya left with questions. Mccarthy had some interesting things to say concerning this draft such as keeping Bulaha and Barbre strictly at left tackle and Chillar can switch duties to LOLB. Thoughts?

Now Barbre is a left tackle?? I have a real problem with the offensive line coaching that can't decide where a player should play after years of watching him, or whether he should even be on the team.

OP
OP
N

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now Barbre is a left tackle?? I have a real problem with the offensive line coaching that can't decide where a player should play after years of watching him, or whether he should even be on the team.

Yeah this stumped me too. If Barbre can't protect anyone if the right side then what makes the coaches believe he can compete on a more athletic and faster left side??? I'm glad they're sticking with Bulaga on the left b/c this gaurantees Barbre never sees the field ever again.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah this stumped me too. If Barbre can't protect anyone if the right side then what makes the coaches believe he can compete on a more athletic and faster left side??? I'm glad they're sticking with Bulaga on the left b/c this gaurantees Barbre never sees the field ever again.
Well, Barbre IS the most athletic and faster OL on the team... He run a 4.8 40 at the combine, and had a 30+ benchpress also...

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, Barbre IS the most athletic and faster OL on the team... He run a 4.8 40 at the combine, and had a 30+ benchpress also...

Is this an indictment of combine stats over football ability?? Barbre was clueless out there last year--what has changed??? Either it's Barbre's ability, or the the coaching that is unable to develop his ability. I don't know which is right.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is this an indictment of combine stats over football ability?? Barbre was clueless out there last year--what has changed??? Either it's Barbre's ability, or the the coaching that is unable to develop his ability. I don't know which is right.
Like I said earlier, he struggles with the mental aspect of blocking... And his technique is terrible.

I'm just saying, he didn't get beat due to lack of athleticism, so putting him inside won't really help, it's just going to make things worse...

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like I said earlier, he struggles with the mental aspect of blocking... And his technique is terrible.

I'm just saying, he didn't get beat due to lack of athleticism, so putting him inside won't really help, it's just going to make things worse...

Somebody should have impressed on him the very important fact that a lineman has to hit somebody very hard, every play. That's the coaches job.

Maybe he's uncoachable. But we won't know that unless he fails with other coaches.