McCarthey says what ?????

wizard 87

Old Enough To Know Better
Reaction score
"We're going through a phase that every team goes through," McCarthy said. "That's what we're in right now and it's important for people to step up."

The Packers have shown signs of being a good team in their first five games, but McCarthy has yet to see enough consistency.

"We're making common mistakes, things we're stressing in practice, and we need to clean them up," McCarthy said. "Our house is messy right now. Nobody's happy about it and we'll continue to work. But we're 2-3 and we"ll get it cleaned up tomorrow as we head into Seattle."

Is it me or is that lame ?

tkpckfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wizard 87 said:
"We're going through a phase that every team goes through," McCarthy said. "That's what we're in right now and it's important for people to step up."

The Packers have shown signs of being a good team in their first five games, but McCarthy has yet to see enough consistency.

"We're making common mistakes, things we're stressing in practice, and we need to clean them up," McCarthy said. "Our house is messy right now. Nobody's happy about it and we'll continue to work. But we're 2-3 and we"ll get it cleaned up tomorrow as we head into Seattle."

Is it me or is that lame ?

is what lame? when he said its a phase that every team goes through he was talking about the injuries. obviously you left out a important part of that conversation. only thing thats lame is our record

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's become a stock McCarthy answer, although in the previous season and a quarter he was able to get the house cleaned up. For some reason they're not getting it this time.

GBstock

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's the same thing that every coach says. They all go to the "just use cliche's to the media because the NFL forces us to do these press conferences" mode. Listen to Andy Reid, Brad Childress etc....it's like they take a class in this!

NFL_GEEK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy is probably sweating like a HOG right now. he's probably thinking... man, i hope that guy Ted made the right choice. :D

pillywright

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy looked like a decent and upcoming coach when he had the best quarterback to ever play bailing him out all last year. He looks like a chump and a loser now.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure I'd go that far as calling him a loser. He can only work with what he has, and I'm pretty sure Thompson has more to do with our roster than does he.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
pillywright said:
McCarthy looked like a decent and upcoming coach when he had the best quarterback to ever play bailing him out all last year. He looks like a chump and a loser now.

Not sure what this has to do with the p/c he had

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I did notice today that both McCarthy and Campen were pretty ******* Clifton. I wrote a little something up, but does everyone agree that Clifton is really falling that hard?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
PackOne said:
I did notice today that both McCarthy and Campen were pretty ******* Clifton. I wrote a little something up, but does everyone agree that Clifton is really falling that hard?

did it seem to get better when he was gone for that bit?

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
PackOne said:

Actually Colledge did okay, Barbre got a penalty. So - I guess it's a horse a piece.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
PackOne said:
longtimefan said:
PackOne said:

Actually Colledge did okay, Barbre got a penalty. So - I guess it's a horse a piece.

I hate that saying LOL