Maurice Jones-Drew stands up for Gabbert.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
MJD has always been a good guy, and I appluad him for speaking out positively about his QB. But......Gabbert is a sub-par QB. Granted the team is really no good as a whole, with MJD being their only bright spot, gabbert is a gun shy type of guy. He has no QB awareness, he wont step up into the pocket, and he can't make big throws. He is what i would consider a "bust" and for some reason is still around. I really thought the Jets would deal Tebow away to the Jags and tebow would take over down there. Not that he is much better than gabbert, Tebow has the winning mindset and leadership that they might need. I am not a tebow supporter by any means, but he did turn denvers season around and win a playoff game for them coming off the bench......which is a better resume than gabbert has ever had. Plus, tebow would be loved in jacksonville since that is his home turf.

OP
OP
burt packerack

burt packerack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd give Gabbert at least 2 more years until bailing on him. I don't like to see first round picks given up on so fast like that if they're on a team i don't hate.
That organization needs so much work. But if I had to chose I would play for the Jags over Jets. I think the Jets are the biggest joke of the NFL. Tebow would put some ***** in those empty seats in Jacksonville.

OP
OP
burt packerack

burt packerack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't step up into the pocket if I knew my spleen would get squished each time.
That goes along the lines with David Carr. He was a promising QB that just played with ****** O-lines for his years as a starter which could have made him extremely gun-shy. It's sad to see players go out like that.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I'd give Gabbert at least 2 more years until bailing on him. I don't like to see first round picks given up on so fast like that if they're on a team i don't hate.
That organization needs so much work. But if I had to chose I would play for the Jags over Jets. I think the Jets are the biggest joke of the NFL. Tebow would put some ***** in those empty seats in Jacksonville.

You are WAY nicer than I am, I wouldn't give him 2 more years. Granted his supporting staff of players has been just as crappy as he is. He would have been gone after 2012 season and I would have went out and got a veteran FA and drafted the best available to learn from the vet.

Tebow would "put some *** in the seats" down in j-ville. I doubt anyone would want to play for the Jags over the Jets, atleast the Jets have has "some" success in the recent past. Sanchez has gone downhill after his first two years of relative success. When was the Jags last winning season?

OP
OP
burt packerack

burt packerack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are WAY nicer than I am, I wouldn't give him 2 more years. Granted his supporting staff of players has been just as crappy as he is. He would have been gone after 2012 season and I would have went out and got a veteran FA and drafted the best available to learn from the vet.

Tebow would "put some *** in the seats" down in j-ville. I doubt anyone would want to play for the Jags over the Jets, atleast the Jets have has "some" success in the recent past. Sanchez has gone downhill after his first two years of relative success. When was the Jags last winning season?

The only reason I would give him two more years is because the lack of supporting cast. They went 8-8 in 2010 haha and 11-5 in 07 which i completely forgot about.

I just have a strong disposition for jets organization. Rex and Sanchez need to go, if I were GM i would let Rex go first. Then get a HC that isn't a blundering loudmouth and see how Sanchez plays for a season or two.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I agree about rex ryan and his spouting off at the mouth, but his humble pie eating over the past two years has helped close his lips....somewhat.

The jags have been in a downward spiral for the past 5 seasons and seem to be unable to draft worth a crap.

Members online

Latest posts