Matthews disappointed about not getting DMVP

fochs13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If anything, not winning will only motivate him that much more to prove the critics wrong and have a good game.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At least I used language a little more delicate than I normally do.

It's probably because I'm wearing a tie. :wave:
Are you sure you're not a Packer fan? You sound like a Packer fan.

Plus, there little to no ah in your words.

/fahcking welkah didn't play **** ah series!!!!! Jewkah didn't play as well, which hart Tawmmie Brady!!! But Danny Woodhead is the grittiest playah of Pedroiah Nation! NOBODY DENIES THIS!!!!
//all knowledge of Pats fans is based on exaggerated stereotypes from the site Kissing Suzy Kolber, and Mark Wahlberg

Preacher

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think what Clay does is much more impressive. Troy gets to hang back and catch interceptions and blow receivers up that are looking at the ball in the air, or he gets to come unblocked on the outside or up the middle.

Clay gets held and double teamed nearly every single play of every single game which opens up stuff for the other linebackers and Raji.

I just think he impacts the game overall much more than Troy.

I am not sure you have watched Troy play enough if that is how you conceptualize his game.

In Pitts 3-4 fireblitz, Troy very seldom gets to hang back and actually play safety as it is normally thought. First, Troy has a specific Zone that he must stay within and cover. When you see him streaking through and catching the football, its because often times, he has somehow guessed the play and jumped a route-often outside of his zone (Lebeau gives him the freedom to do that).

When he comes up to the line, he is just as often blocked as not, usually more. Yet, he still fights through the blocks, often looking much more like a LB than a safety. Also, and this is something that doesn't really show up in stats- Troy blows up run plays and screens. He will close from almost 20 yards out by the time a screen pass thrown to a RB.

On top of that, he is often seen going right over the top-and tackling QB's as the snap is made on short yardage situations. Again, just the football sense and premonition.

Funny thing is, he won't be doing ANY of that this game, IMO, he will be playing the deep zone keeping everything in front of him-truly being a safety. Lebeau has had him at that position most of these playoffs, mainly to try and shut down the passing game, which is still our Achilles heal.

No, Troy is the best SS in the game today, and one of the best, if not arguably the best SS to have ever played. I think the strongest argument concerning that statement comes from the Ravens- who has the best FS in the game today and one of the best to have ever played (and yes, I puked a little in my mouth when I had to type something nice about the Ravens).

Members online

Latest posts