Matt Ryan/Aaron Rodgers

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The praise that I'm seeing Matt Ryan recieve from the media after yesterdays game makes it out to seem like he single handedly beat the packers.....It sort of just goes to show that the barometer on quarterbacks is based way too much on the outcome of the game. For one of the few times this season, Rodgers showed us something late in a game when we NEEDED a TOUCHDOWN. Without any running game whatsoever, he had a phenomenal drive, hitting every throw (which he did all game), including pulling 2 miraculous 4th down conversions out of his *** (including the TD to Jordy). Matt Ryan, on the other hand, was GIVEN the ball at midfield, needing only a field goal, with a tie game and no pressure at all. We know the story, he completes a couple passes, they make the FG, hes great blah blah blah. I wasn't all that impressed. Yes, Matt Ryan is a very good QB but moving 15 yds down the field for a FG in a tie game is much less impressive to me than going down the field NEEDING a TD to score and making some spectacular plays on 4th down. (Falcons 4th down conversion wasn't actually even a conversion) Not to mention Rodgers did this with no support from the running game (I've been saying Jackson is a terrible back for a while, give Kuhn the ball more), while Turner had a big game. Yes, we lost. But moving forward, I'm absolutely thrilled at the fact that we saw Rodgers move down the field, make throws, make runs, and make all the right decisions when we absolutely needed a score. I think with the critisism he's recieved for losing close games, he needed to prove he can do that. He is absolutely the real deal, and totally outplayed matt ryan

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I knew this was coming, haha.

The Falcons won, so they get the praise, so it goes. I think for the most part that we've decided (at least I have), that we play better flying under the radar. Our team hasn't shown that it does well under pressure yet.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
To be fair, Ryan did have one hell of a game yesterday.

24/28 197 yds 1 TD

Not a huge game yardage or TD wise, but man was he efficient.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's the deal, don't take anything away from Matt Ryan. He is a hell of a quarterback. But he has the talent around him to be successful. He has an offensive line that is fabulous. He has a group of running backs that are awfully talented, in Turner and Snelling, he has a phenomenal WR in Roddy White, a HOF TE still playing at a HOF level in Gonzo...

Rodgers has Jennings... That's it.

QB vs QB I still take Rodgers. If he could just get the weapons around him to stay healthy and an offensive line to be consistent with an average to slightly above average running game he would be mind blowing good. Just need to get some lucky breaks with the injuries and so on. Looks like the Bears have lady luck with them this year, maybe next for us?

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Matt Ryan did have a great game, in the second part of the game I don't think he had one incomplete pass. And I don't want to take anything away from him taht game because he played great, though I still want to say Rodgers played better.

Rodgers was one yard short of doubling Jackson's rushing yards this game. Yes he fumbled twice and yes one was a turnover that cost us the game, but he more than made up for it. He ran and pass for first downs like if he was on fire. Honestly I can't wait till the game comes where we get the W. This game just reminded of the Cardinals playoff game, it was intense and Rodgers made mistakes yet he carried the team.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Both QBs were spectacular in that game. Unfortunately the blanket of roses goes to the victor, Never mind the QB that finished just a nose behind in second place. If the Packers won, the reverse would be happening.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Both QBs were spectacular in that game. Unfortunately the blanket of roses goes to the victor, Never mind the QB that finished just a nose behind in second place. If the Packers won, the reverse would be happening.
yup if their KICKER missed the fg all the talk would be RODGERS this RODGERS that. We woulda won in OT of course ;) maybe even a quick pass in with 9 sec left in the 4th qtr for a fg or our own. Funny how a kicker can make a differance on how a qb is seen.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's the deal, don't take anything away from Matt Ryan. He is a hell of a quarterback. But he has the talent around him to be successful. He has an offensive line that is fabulous. He has a group of running backs that are awfully talented, in Turner and Snelling, he has a phenomenal WR in Roddy White, a HOF TE still playing at a HOF level in Gonzo...

Rodgers has Jennings... That's it.

QB vs QB I still take Rodgers. If he could just get the weapons around him to stay healthy and an offensive line to be consistent with an average to slightly above average running game he would be mind blowing good. Just need to get some lucky breaks with the injuries and so on. Looks like the Bears have lady luck with them this year, maybe next for us?

Just Jennings? I know Finley is hurt but lets count him, and up until this year driver. I would say our receiving core is actually better, and if healthy its no question.

If anyone should get credit for doing alot with only a little its Rivers.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Let's be honest, if Rodgers had a back like Turner or even Snelling on his side of the ball would this game have even been close?
I'm not making excuses, but if Ryan Grant is in that game? Same! Or Jermichael? C'mon.
But there is no question that Ryan is one cool customer. You have to give them credit, they won against a better team.
But I'd bet most Falcons fans would trade straight up for Rodgers without batting an eye.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers IS the better QB, no question! It seems like the entire NFC SOUTH has had a number for a couple of years, and it's really beginning to aggravate me...actually I'm already aggravated

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any quarterback that goes 19-1 in their first 20 home games of their career is going to get plenty of media coverage. especially after beating one of the top teams in the NFC.

However, Ryan was efficient, but Rodgers was EVERYTHING for the Packers that game. Man he was the running game and the passing game and led the Pack up and down the field practically all game. but as its been mentioned, the winner is going to get the attention

Members online

Latest posts