Matt Roth

packer4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard on espn last night that the packers are expecting to take Roth as their first pick has anyone else heard anything about this?

slackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Roth, Poole, Frye and Burnett? have been the top 4 names I've seen linked to GB's pick @ 24. I think Roth will be a very solid NFL player; I am just not sure GB would use him to the best of his abilities? Like many of the other DEs in this draft, I think he might be better in a 3-4 system? However, the more I read and think about it, I believe Roth would be a very good pick for GB. Word is T. Davis is sliding down the board because of his tweener status and slow 40 times. He might be available w/ our 1st pick, but I doubt it. I'm sure most teams will try him @ SS and move him to LB if he proves to be too slow. If Roth and Davis, Burnett and Frye are on the board @ 24, I think GB should come away w/ a very good player. I'd like to see Roth in the 1st, Hopefully, Browner @ 51 and Frye possible @ 58. Then I think they can find a good LB in rds 3 and or 4.

P.S. PackerChatters.com has some very good draft discussions w/ some of the better NFL prognosticators. Very good insight @ who is valued where.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Roth is a good player, but I just feel he's too much of a "clone" of Kampmann. I wonder if Davis could loose 10# and pick up some speed and quickness. This seems like a very different draft to me. I wouldn't even mind seeing the Pack trade out of this draft. Like if someone offered their 1 and 2 next year for our 1 this year.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerTraxx said:
Roth is a good player, but I just feel he's too much of a "clone" of Kampmann. I wonder if Davis could loose 10# and pick up some speed and quickness. This seems like a very different draft to me. I wouldn't even mind seeing the Pack trade out of this draft. Like if someone offered their 1 and 2 next year for our 1 this year.

i know what you're saying but with the state our defense is in, i really don't think we can afford that.

OP
OP
P

packer4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Roth could fill the void that could possibly be left by Kampmen. Roth is basicallly a younger Kampmen, but with a lot more intensity. They are both homegrown Iowa boys need I say more.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Roth reminds me alot of Kampmann. So much so that I don't see Roth being that much of an improvement over Kampmann. If we take him I sure hope I'm wrong and that he's much better. By the way, Roth is from Illinois.

Staff online

Members online