Matt Bowen on Packers-Bears

OP
OP
JBlood

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the more I think about Rogers' performance Sat night, the more amazing it becomes. He was absolutely perfect! You can't expect 2 games in a row like that, but I think he will beat the Bears' defense with a "normal" game from him.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
The Bears D is much better than the Falcons.
No doubt about that. I was referring to that particular game plan. If they're going to try and stop Starks, and let Rodgers have a field day, that's just what he'll do. The Falcons held Starks in check, but look what happened.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I've been giving this exact thing alot of thought this week. They say the reason the Jets beat the Patriots is because they took away what they wanted to do.
What the heck do you take away from the Packers? The deep ball? OK, we'll kill you underneath and with runs and screens. Take away the intermediate routes? OK, we'll flip one over the deep coverage for long gains and mix in RB draws to keep the pass rush slowed down.
Honestly? I don't think there is a way to stop the Packers offense. They've had to kind of reinvent themselves after all the injuries, I think they will play with purpose and execution.
Dom Capers will find a way to keep Chicago one dimensional, now that's a game plan that would have some effect.