Mark Roman skips team workouts

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good to see Gardner has signed a 1 year contract, says he turned down multiple year contracts from other teams to stay in Green Bay, he must like what is happening.
Another sign Brett is coming back?

PackFanatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Popcynical said:
Great work ethic. I'm glad we signed Manuel.

totally agree maybe roman knows the writing is on the wall good but not THAT good. Maybe TT doing good things for the team. Time will tell

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Roman isa piece o' *****. Who wants a pantywaist who is AFFRAID TO COMPETE for his job.

Loser attitude should be shipped anywhere that wants his candy ***.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good bye Mark. Enjoy Houston or Denver or wherever it is you are traded to.

We have Underwood and Thornburg as backups and Collins and Manuel as starters. Safety is not an issue. Thornburg is one of those overachiever guys and although Underwood had a rough rookie year, he has good intangibles that warrant his roster spot.

Now cornerback is another story. If the secondary is to be addressed, this is the position of need.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
good, maybe he will be cut and we draft darnell bing in the 2nd round!

I would like to see Darnell and Manuel battling for the starting job!

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll give Roman the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he had some legitimate reason to miss the workout. Tauscher said that attendance was 91%, so that means it wasn't just Roman and Walker who missed it. If Roman missed the workout because he's mad about Manuel being signed, well then, good riddance. He played decently last year, but he's not good enough to keep his job without having to compete for it.

carlos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Be a player! Show your grit and be there. It's a long season...injuries? Nickle defence, dime packages, etc. Be a player, be a participant, show your desire. It's called being a team player. If you don't have it...good bye!

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buckeyepackfan said:
Good to see Gardner has signed a 1 year contract, says he turned down multiple year contracts from other teams to stay in Green Bay, he must like what is happening.
Another sign Brett is coming back?

My exact same thought --- Gardner has the potential to be a HUGE weapon!

Comb ine that with Craig Nall leaving (somewhat early) and what do we see as Sherlock Holmes "evidence on the wall"....?

BRETT FAVRE IS 'COMING' BACK....!

I like Gardner, he's got good instincts... as does Brett...!

figtab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
Good bye Mark. Enjoy Houston or Denver or wherever it is you are traded to.

We have Underwood and Thornburg as backups and Collins and Manuel as starters. Safety is not an issue. Thornburg is one of those overachiever guys and although Underwood had a rough rookie year, he has good intangibles that warrant his roster spot.

Now cornerback is another story. If the secondary is to be addressed, this is the position of need.
WAIT UP!!!! why are you even saying this??? These are OPTIONAL workouts!!!! Why dont you judge him in the regular season????
I know you guys are gonna start praising him when he gets an interception or two. He might have his own workout plan and stuff so stop talking about players skiping optional workouts and stuff all that matters is that he comes to training camp in shape and if he doesnt then start yelling at him!!!

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
exactly.

ITS OPTIONAL.

His job is up for grabs at this point, he has 2 years on his contract.

He should be there, if for anybody, himself.

Show other teams that he is a team guy, and a team player, not a sensitive crybaby who wont show cuz they signed another safety. He is nowhere near that good to try that stunt.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
IBPrez

It doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to figure that out, Larry Homes could have done it.

A great from the move Fletch Lives.

Okay - besides the fact that you're looking for a "stepping-stone".. what else was there in 'your' post that had ANYTHING to do with the sibject of THIS thread......?

Answer: not a damn thing....

If you're gonna post SMACK - go to the appropriate thread.

OTHERWISE, get on board with the rest of us real Cheeseheads and show some football intelligence - IF YOU CAN!

Your posting skills lack even Ted Kennedy's {Public School system) abilities....
(and that's sayin' something)

I mean, seriously... get A life..... DOH!

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he's really concerned about the Pack signing another safety he should go look in the mirror and he'd know why. then he should get his butt in camp and work on playing the position so he doesn't lose his starting job.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packedhouse01 said:
If he's really concerned about the Pack signing another safety he should go look in the mirror and he'd know why. then he should get his butt in camp and work on playing the position so he doesn't lose his starting job.

From what I've seen, so far - they're intent on SIGNING someone else to (1) either challenge him, or (2) take his place... either way, it's an automatic UPGRADE!

On Defense, I like the fact that they didn't let Colin Cole get away.....

In MY book, he's the next 'TRUE' Gilbert Brown.... may even stop by and tell GB that very thing as we head up for some Bob Euchre Brewer games this summer....

Ya hey....

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry I wasted your time IBPrez. So you want to talk about Roman! What exactly is it in this guy that isn't replaceable with Manuel. If he wants to skip working out with the rest of his team so be it, it isn't mandatory. But when we signed Manuel it should have lit a fire under him! It appear he has taken it the other way!

And figtab, I am judging him on past perfomance. He is mediocre at best. If he was cut i could care, and if he were traded I'm ecstatic. How many interceptions has he gotten in 2 years? I think his tackling was adequate last year, but can't we ever have more than adequate. This guy has been a disappointment and it looks as if we are moving on.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
Sorry I wasted your time IBPrez. So you want to talk about Roman! What exactly is it in this guy that isn't replaceable with Manuel. If he wants to skip working out with the rest of his team so be it, it isn't mandatory. But when we signed Manuel it should have lit a fire under him! It appear he has taken it the other way!

And figtab, I am judging him on past perfomance. He is mediocre at best. If he was cut i could care, and if he were traded I'm ecstatic. How many interceptions has he gotten in 2 years? I think his tackling was adequate last year, but can't we ever have more than adequate. This guy has been a disappointment and it looks as if we are moving on.

NumBAH One - I 'never' said Mark Roman wasn't "replace-able"..... ever!

Ask anyone here...

Two - I like how you single out cerrtain aspects of his game-day abilities....

I think that part, we all respect. I could hardly bribe anyone here, to come out and be patriotic about Roman's tackling as being 'above par'.... which IT NEVER WAS...! Roman, to me, was one of those guys who usually liked to tackle from the shoulders only, ... fundamentals were never his STRONG suit.

IF.. and I say that with some alacrity.. IF, he's able to FIGHT for a position on the STARTING squad, during the mini (& training) camps,...then so be it. But, he never (ever) pull a ***** like several have with the likes of Joe Johnson, and Jamal Reynolds... that's where I come from...

If I was McCarthy - I'd YANK him ASAP, the minute that ever happened.... period!
As far as I'm concerned, Roman already had his day in the Sun - he needs to step aside.... FOR THE TEAM !

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
DakotaT said:

NumBAH One - I 'never' said Mark Roman wasn't "replace-able"..... ever!

Ask anyone here...

Two - I like how you single out cerrtain aspects of his game-day abilities....

I think that part, we all respect. I could hardly bribe anyone here, to come out and be patriotic about Roman's tackling as being 'above par'.... which IT NEVER WAS...! Roman, to me, was one of those guys who usually liked to tackle from the shoulders only, ... fundamentals were never his STRONG suit.

IF.. and I say that with some alacrity.. IF, he's able to FIGHT for a position on the STARTING squad, during the mini (& training) camps,...then so be it. But, he never (ever) pull a ***** like several have with the likes of Joe Johnson, and Jamal Reynolds... that's where I come from...

If I was McCarthy - I'd YANK him ASAP, the minute that ever happened.... period!
As far as I'm concerned, Roman already had his day in the Sun - he needs to step aside.... FOR THE TEAM !
Prez - even if Roman somehow manage to win the nickel spot, I would still cut him and retain a first or second year player. Nick Collins is ten times the player Roman is already. I haven't seen much of Manuel, but I did see the knockout hit on Shockey, and I noticed in Super Bowl that Pittsburgh didn't have any big plays until Manuel was injured. Tight ends and slot receivers have been Sunday strolling through the middle of our defense for too long. I think we also need another linebacker like Wayne Simmons, a guy that just wants to rip heads off.

figtab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:

Im not trying to say he is the best or anything i also think he is a dissapointment but some guys might have their own work that they benefit from. lets say he comes in to training camp a good solid 220 with 6% bodyfat. i mean lets not yell at them for not comming to work out. i mean look at brett favre he is also a no show but i know he has done so much for the orginazation and blah blah...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts