Lions pre game chatter

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't want his current contract, but if they worked a new one, he wouldn't be a bad guy to have around for a rebuild.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Wow I had no idea Carr had such a lucrative and cap-killing contract. I thought Kyler Murray was the most over-paid QB. Maybe it's Carr.

I'd certainly try and rework that contract if he did come to GB. He's not having a great year. GB has a lot of pieces in place and would/should have a lot of draft capital after such a trade.

Geez this is how bad it's gotten. Middle of the season and we're commenting on trading Rodgers in 2023? Well I started it so it's on me. But I really like the idea of trading with LV. It would be irresistible for Davis to put Rodgers and Adams together again. Well, any GM would probably feel that way.

I do hope they beat the Cowboys. Make that - I always hope they beat the Cowboys.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Hmmm, that's interesting and makes more sense than a trade with the Colts. I'd be ok with getting Carr and the Raiders' first and second round picks in 2023. That's a little pricey but the Raiders, like the Packers, look like SB contenders on paper. We all know that has gone way south for both teams. They could still take one of the top three QB candidates in the draft and let him sit behind Carr for a year or more. It just makes sense for everyone. Great idea Poker. Call Gluten, will ya?
I would use these last 9 games to let Rodgers bring his stock back up, by playing in several games, but I would also try to balance that with getting a really good look at Love. Ideally, Rodgers plays better, Raiders pay more and they have a much better idea of just how far along Love is.

I know some will view this (playing Love some games) as "throwing in the towel", but I would much rather look at current players, with an eye on the future of the team, VS winning a few meaningless games.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would use these last 9 games to let Rodgers bring his stock back up, by playing in several games, but I would also try to balance that with getting a really good look at Love. Ideally, Rodgers plays better, Raiders pay more and they have a much better idea of just how far along Love is.

I know some will view this (playing Love some games) as "throwing in the towel", but I would much rather look at current players, with an eye on the future of the team, VS winning a few meaningless games.
I agree, but don't think they'll play Love and sit Rodgers until they have zero chance of making the playoffs. And with how and the NFC is this year, that could be week 17. Now if the Packers keep losing, that day comes a lot sooner.

D

Deleted member 6794

Hmmm, that's interesting and makes more sense than a trade with the Colts. I'd be ok with getting Carr and the Raiders' first and second round picks in 2023. That's a little pricey but the Raiders, like the Packers, look like SB contenders on paper. We all know that has gone way south for both teams. They could still take one of the top three QB candidates in the draft and let him sit behind Carr for a year or more. It just makes sense for everyone. Great idea Poker. Call Gluten, will ya?

I definitely don't like the idea of trading for Carr. I would prefer the Packers to give a youngster a chance to start if Rodgers isn't around next season anymore.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not a chance I'd want anything to do with a trade for Carr.
Long term, I agree. But if they got LV's first and second round choice, they could likely take one of the QBs in the next draft, or trade into the top 5 to get one. Let Carr play a year and then start a new QB. A lot if "ifs" in there I realize.

I don't think Love is the guy (Carr either, long term). They have to find a way to move up and grab a QB in a QB-rich draft. And maybe a LT to replace Bakhtiari.

D

Deleted member 6794

Long term, I agree. But if they got LV's first and second round choice, they could likely take one of the QBs in the next draft, or trade into the top 5 to get one. Let Carr play a year and then start a new QB. A lot if "ifs" in there I realize.

First of all I want the Packers to hold on to Rodgers as long as he continues to play. If they end up trading him I definitely don't want to receive a veteran like Carr in return who will ask for a significant amount of money no matter what.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow I had no idea Carr had such a lucrative and cap-killing contract. I thought Kyler Murray was the most over-paid QB. Maybe it's Carr.

I'd certainly try and rework that contract if he did come to GB. He's not having a great year. GB has a lot of pieces in place and would/should have a lot of draft capital after such a trade.

Geez this is how bad it's gotten. Middle of the season and we're commenting on trading Rodgers in 2023? Well I started it so it's on me. But I really like the idea of trading with LV. It would be irresistible for Davis to put Rodgers and Adams together again. Well, any GM would probably feel that way.

I do hope they beat the Cowboys. Make that - I always hope they beat the Cowboys.
Have to remember that Carr is a Raider. Which team in NFL history makes the most fruitless, bustful signings, and trades than anyone else?

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have to remember that Carr is a Raider. Which team in NFL history makes the most fruitless, bustful signings, and trades than anyone else?
Yeah, all you have to say is "Jamarcus Russell". I may have misspelled his name but we all know who he is, and wasn't. Of course we can say "Tony Mandarich" in the same breath. And why would ANYONE hire Josh McDaniels given his past? He couldn't get hired at a fast food restaurant to clean floors.

But your point is a good one. And Mark Davis is not Al Davis. Too bad for Raider fans. "Just win, baby!" Yeah, right.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And in 1991 or 1992 the Raiders drafted Todd Marinovich at #24 for QB. He became known as Todd Marijuanavich and was a total bust. But the best part is that Favre was still on the board. He went to the Falcons in round 2 and we all know how that worked out.

Members online

Latest posts