1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Lions/Packers Week 5

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by 12theTruth, Sep 25, 2013.

1. ExpatPacker

ExpatPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +519
    Sadly, this is true, but Datone Jones has not been put into a position to be productive yet. I don't know if the problem is Capers and his schemes or others showing more than Jones, although he did have a sack and blocked xp at Cincy...not too shabby.

As for this game, how can anyone not think that Detroit is going to be our stiffest competition for the NFC North after yesterday?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    Because detroit has beaten Minnesota, washington and now the bears. Sunday the bears were exposed for who they really are, a team that can't win when their QB gets rattled by sacks. 2 of their 3 wins have been against very poor defensive teams.

Remember, they did lose to the Arizona cardinals.

If we can protect Arod on a decent level, he should eat up their secondary. Detroits pass rush is good, hope we find a way to slow it down a notch or two.

3. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    At this point I'm worried about every game and since the Lions are next up yes I'm nervous. Hopefully we get some of our guys back and that will make a difference. We will have to force Stafford into some interceptions and contain Bush.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. P-E-Z

P-E-Z Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +91
    Lions are no easy win. They are for real this. We need to beat them. That means stopping Reggie Bush. If we fail to we will have dug a pretty deep hole for our self.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. LionsFan

LionsFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    Should be a good game. Unfortunately the Lions lost 2 CBs sunday. Houston with a leg injury, and Mathis with concussion like symptoms. Mathis was cleared by the Lions doctor to return to play, but the Bears doctor didnt clear him. So its up in the air for next week. Its not released yet on what happened to Houstons leg, but its a big loss if he cant compete Sunday.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,068
    If YOUR doctor cleared him, what the hell did it have to do with the Bears doctor ? :cautious:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. ThxJackVainisi

ThxJackVainisi Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +3,113
    I don’t think Datone’s problems are lack of opportunities or the scheme. According to McGinn’s grading columns, Datone played 18 snaps against the 49ers. He played another 18 snaps against the Redskins. ProFootballFocus.com (PFF) has him at 49 snaps on D, if correct that means he played 13 snaps against the Bengals. PFF says he rushed the passer 18 times without generating a single pressure against the Redskins. That’s not the scheme. In fact, from what I’ve seen, almost all of his snaps have been in the sub packages where he isn’t constrained by taking up blockers. He hasn’t gotten a ton of snaps but enough to show something and so far, according to the NFL and Packers websites, he has one tackle and a blocked extra point. He is not officially getting credit for a sack – perhaps because Dalton fumbled on the play but he obviously got penetration. I hope he’s still recovering from the ankle sprain that set him back – not just the injury but the time lost. He did show some quickness on the DL and on the PAT block against the Bengals so he may be coming around.

8. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    I really shudder to think what Suh will do to our OL. :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    what? get fined and ejected?

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. buggybill2003

Ratings:
    +2,068
    I hope more Lion fans come this week, otherwise LionsFan will win the most irritating visiting fan award, and he seems a nice guy :cry: ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. Bus Cook

Bus Cook You're never alone with a schizophrenic

Ratings:
    +226
    Last time he stomped on them.

12. adambr2

adambr2 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,424
    Why? Suh has been around awhile now. What has he done to terrorize us in the past?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. buggybill2003

Ratings:
    +2,068
    th (19).jpg

14. ThxJackVainisi

Ratings:
    +3,113
    McGinn gave the Packers' interior OL a pretty good rating in his review of the game vs. the Bengals:
    http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/rating-the-packers-vs-bengals-b99104632z1-224975102.html

And Suh has said previously Sitton is his toughest matchup. IMO Suh is better than Atkins (and one of the dirtiest players in the league) so Lang will probably be tested a lot. I hope his play vs. Atkins is a sign of things to come.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. PFanCan

PFanCan That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.

Ratings:
    +875
    Huh? Since when do players need to be cleared by the opposing team doctor???

If this is the case, I think the Packer's doctor is going to find an ailment with Stafford, Bush, Johnson, and a few others...

:rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. LionsFan

LionsFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. 12theTruth

12theTruth Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    The suckiness of EDS and Barclay neutralizes any good vibes in regards to better than expected performances by Lang and Sitton. Suh will be lining up against EDS on most every play. And on every play it will be a mismatch.

To have such an obvious weakness as EDS on the line really gives an advantage to the defense.

As the season progresses you will see this over and over again. Rodgers being pressured up the middle far too often due to the finesse nature at which Smith handles the C position. Barclay has multiple times already gotten lit up by solid DE's with a modest repetoire of moves.

What good is individual grades on the offensive line when the unit as a whole will be challenged repeatedly this season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. PFanCan

PFanCan That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.

Ratings:
    +875
  19. Bus Cook

Bus Cook You're never alone with a schizophrenic

Ratings:
    +226
    On this forum and others, I have been highly critcal of our Oline for 6+ years(I know that makes me a Viking fan or troll) but I think Bak may be the real deal for the first time in a long time. If Bulaga can stay healthy and tretter can even be average, I think we are OK. As it stands now though. Those two ifs are out, and this line will struggle. I find in unconsionable to have an AR and not protect him. (Again, I know TT has drafted tons of olineman, its not as if he's not trying, its just that he's failing).

20. VolvoD

VolvoD Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +643
    is this a haiku?

• Funny Funny x 2
  21. buggybill2003

Ratings:
    +2,068
    Maybe thats the trick for us then ? Hire a doctor with olympic aspirations and give him running spikes then he can rule Stafford, Bush and Johnson out of the game ;)

22. ThxJackVainisi

Ratings:
    +3,113
    I will be surprised if Suh is lined up over EDS "on most every play" and if he is he'll be doubled on most every play.

Here's the rest of McGinn's review of the OL for the last game:
    So it looks like Bakhtiari had the worst game of the O linemen, even though that goes against what looks like your preconceived notions of the O linemen.

I'm certainly not saying EDS is a great or even good OC but it’s seldom as easy as pointing a finger at one player on the OL. Particularly an OL containing 3 young and/or inexperienced players (EDS has started 12 games, not all at OC). And we can expect more up and down games from the OL. It’ll be more important how they’re playing at the end of the season.

23. adambr2

adambr2 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,424
    It's pretty simply to me. If we win on Sunday, we're right back in it in the North already.

If we don't, we're unlikely to be contenders this year anyway. Not that Detroit isn't a solid team, but if we are still top dogs in the North, they are a team we should definitely take care of business against particularly at home.

24. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    Well, of course an opposing team's dr. isn't going to let him play while the team dr. will.
    They need a lawyer to sort it all out.

25. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    Gesundheit.