Lions/Packers Week 5

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah thanks, but I remember Burnett was also practicing about 3 weeks ago.... he's still not played a game yet.

We'll see on Clay.... as I said, he missed 4 games last year from the hammy, despite what he did in practices limited or not.....
Yes we will see if he plays.... :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I worry about a lot of things Sunday.

#3- Their DL vs our soft OL. Suh & Fairley are vicious and dominant. Nasty dirty too. They can disrupt Rodgers a lot.
#2- The combination of Megatron and Reggie Bush. That's a lethal quick-strike pair right there, and we've been killed by backs out of the backfield before. Bush is legit. Megatron is in a league of his own.
#1- Delmas, #26, the ACL-heat-seeking missile taking out the ACL or fibia of one of our playmakers. This guy loves to take out knees more than anyone in the NFL.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I worry about a lot of things Sunday.

#3- Their DL vs our soft OL. Suh & Fairley are vicious and dominant. Nasty dirty too. They can disrupt Rodgers a lot.
#2- The combination of Megatron and Reggie Bush. That's a lethal quick-strike pair right there, and we've been killed by backs out of the backfield before. Bush is legit. Megatron is in a league of his own.
#1- Delmas, #26, the ACL-heat-seeking missile taking out the ACL or fibia of one of our playmakers. This guy loves to take out knees more than anyone in the NFL.

Delmas does worry me. He loves the big hit. Too bad many of them are at the knees.

I knew Bush would have an impact but not as much as he has had. The Lions are a different team--a better one--with Reggie Bush.

What I want to see is MM make a good game-plan for the Lions' 4-man rush. So far I remain less than impressed by the Packers' offensive strategy. Getting the running going as they have is a definite plus, but Rodgers is still holding on to the ball too long, partly due to the receivers not getting open and partly due to the play-calling which includes very few screens and quick passes.

I really don't understand why Stubby (and Rodgers?) avoid going short so much. I realize that the opposing CBs are using press coverage to jam them receivers, so they're up close, but there are ways of dealing with that in the short pass game no?

On defense, I really want to see someone else besides Matthews get some pressure. Daniels and Raji are the only ones, which is nice because that's pressure up the middle. Perry and Jones are either still getting used to the defensive scheme and don't know their assignment well enough yet, or perhaps Jones' ankle injury is bothering him. Or Neal. Would one of those 3 please provide some pressure?

H

HardRightEdge

Megatron is inactive. This opens up a world of possibilities with their #2 Burleson already down; more focus can shift to Bush.

Under this circumstance, the game is elevated to nearly must-win. Getting to the playoffs has a strong kick-em-while-they're-down component, especially when you're at home against a division leader.

FP562

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Game is not on tv today in my area, so I will have to stream the game. Hoping for a Packer W today! Since my WVU got crushed yesterday, I need a big win to make up for that.

Go Pack Go!

Update: My buddy just invited me over to watch the Packer game. He has NFL ticket, so I can't hang out with you guys today and post. But when I get home later, Ill be sure to post my thought of the game.

Last edited:
H

HardRightEdge

Game is not on tv today in my area, so I will have to stream the game. Hoping for a Packer W today! Since my WVU got crushed yesterday, I need a big win to make up for that.

Go Pack Go!

It could be worse. Your team could be Northwestern...the best 3-quarter-grinders in college football these past two seasons but they just can't finish.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No Calvin Johnson and no Nate Burleson. Packers should continue the win streak and move to .500 if they limit turnovers and just play their game.

Reaction score

Go Pack Go!

Update: My buddy just invited me over to watch the Packer game. He has NFL ticket, so I can't hang out with you guys today and post. But when I get home later, Ill be sure to post my thought of the game.

I go through Packer "withdrawal" every Sunday in my area:mad: We get forced-fed with a diet of Colts/Bears and usually one or at worse, BOTH Mannings lovefest on a Sunday. Just sickens me to no end. Today, since Indy is playing a NFC team, FOX is airing it (at least there is NO Bears game today, although I would enjoy seeing them lose). CBS is airing the Pats/Bengals and the 4 pm game is none other than the Broncos/Cowboys. This is just nuts! No Packers/Lions. Guess I'll be watching the NFL Game Day ticker (kind of like that), but I hate it when it goes off at 4 pm. Gamecast is OK on ESPN, too. Mostly, I just watch and enjoy the "chat" here during games.

I just need to move to Green Bay! :tup: GO PACK GO!

FP562

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I go through Packer "withdrawal" every Sunday in my area:mad: We get forced-fed with a diet of Colts/Bears and usually one or at worse, BOTH Mannings lovefest on a Sunday. Just sickens me to no end. Today, since Indy is playing a NFC team, FOX is airing it (at least there is NO Bears game today, although I would enjoy seeing them lose). CBS is airing the Pats/Bengals and the 4 pm game is none other than the Broncos/Cowboys. This is just nuts! No Packers/Lions. Guess I'll be watching the NFL Game Day ticker (kind of like that), but I hate it when it goes off at 4 pm. Gamecast is OK on ESPN, too. Mostly, I just watch and enjoy the "chat" here during games.

I just need to move to Green Bay! :tup: GO PACK GO!

Today in my area we have the Saints/Bears and The Pats/Bengals in the AM

and

Broncos/Cowboys in the afternoon.

H

HardRightEdge

Or maybe the college you went to just didn't play football. :(
Perhaps it can be worse. How about a team that went 11-33 during your years of matriculation including a 1-10 senior year. For icing on the cake, lets say the team had a six year stretch going 3-62-1 starting in your senior year while you still lived in the area and attended games.

The only remedy is a bottle of Jim Beam smuggled in under your jacket. Better whiskey would have been wasted.

FP562

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Too many FGs, we need TDs if you are gonna win in the NFL. Our run stopping does look good though, and our running game is doing something today. And what is with the no PI in the endzone? He was all over him. Oh and Jones, come on man, gotta get in the crowd!!! He needs to practice his Lambeau Leap!

Oh and good job by Nelson like always, he makes some of those catches look easy.

Hoping for The Bears to lose, and it will be a good day.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A win but you have to temper it by the fact the Lions played without probably the best receiver in the league. Still our defense was stellar. I didn't like the play calling in the first half when Mike choose to eschew the run when we had 1st and goal inside the 5 or the 3rd and one call in the 2nd (quarter or was it the third???). His play calling needs to pick it up. Good job by Neal, Burnett, Hawk, Matthews, Clay, Perry on that awesome sack. Jones was the player on offense but Cobb and Lacy weren't far behind. OL didn't do bad.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice to have Burnett back. Overall well played game. We took Bush out of the game. The game was not as close as the score.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Go Pack Go!

Thank you !
What a privilidge for us!

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was an alright game by the Packers. The defense was the highlight of the game. Mike Neal and Nick Perry actually look really good today. Both had sacks and played better than usual. I also was extremely pleased with the play of all of the inside linebackers. I just wish they would improve on 3rd-and-1. I can't understand the play calling on the 3rd-and-shorts today. It's almost as if Eddie Lacy is invisible on 3rd-and-short.

OP
OP

12theTruth

I wouldn't get overly excited about the defense just yet. Playing against an opponent with essentially a zero sum WR crew it shouldn't be a monumental task to slow down that opponent. Still though they did what they should do and Burnett did look solid back there. The offensive line is far exceeding where I thought they'd be at in Week 5. I think having Lacy is helping them too as he always fights for extra yardage.

Lacy is the real deal and I can see him in another 3 years or so become Pro Bowl caliber. I predicted the Lions in a close game but once they lost Johnson that was pretty much the end right there.

lamboscotland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
regardless of missing personnel from the lions - this was a bit of a must win .... we won! onwards and upwards and ravens next on list. its being screened live here in scotland so i'm well chuffed. go Pack go ... slainte

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Crosby was player of the game. Not only did he make all 5 of his kicks, he nailed them right down the middle and there was a fair bit of crosswind on the 52 yarder. He's made his last 21 in-game FG attempts, going back to last year and preseason. That's excellence for ANY kicker.

Last edited:

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Where is that guy on here that kept saying basically that we would be in trouble due to reggie bush?

Bush who? Bush who? who the heck is this bush guy? Where was he? Bush who?

Yeah, yeah....megatron was out....blah blah blah......yes that helped, but Stafford still looked like crap......he messed up that contest we have/had going on here on the forums.....kinda glad he did thou...lol

Members online

Latest posts