LB De'Vondre Campbell on reserve/COVID-19 list

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Krab said it best. Most are not against this vaccine but against the idea that we are forced to take it. We have been dealing with flu pandemics since the Spanish flu. Those pandemics have killed millions throughout history. We have yet to mandate any flu shots.
So who’s forced to take it besides the military (we get forced to take a lot of vaccines), health care workers (both these groups seem to make common sense given their job/risk/requirements…. And some government employees. (Again if you want to be a public servant employed by the government, be prepared to deal with RULES). Everyplace else I’ve seen there is an option of taking the vaccine or being tested (same option I have flying to Hawaii later this month). Well… except in Australia where dantes has sluethed out you get put in a ******************. Anyone still comparing this to the flu? Sorry you started sounding ridiculous about 700,000 deaths ago FREE AUSTRALIA!!!!!

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's what strikes me about these discussions.

If there is a spectrum of views on COVID, from the extremely concerned and extremely pro-mitigation on the right side to the extremely unconcerned and anti-mitigation on the left side, I am obviously left of center. Of course, I'm not saying that it's binary. We are all somewhere in the middle between the two extreme ends. I am way close to someone who is just right of center than I am to, say, a conspiracy theorist who doesn't believe the vaccines accomplish anything at all.

What's interesting is that I feel like people on the left are generally fine with saying "we disagree with you guys on the other side, but that's not a big deal; let's just leave each other alone."

Whereas the sentiments I often (note-- not generally; I wouldn't say this is a majority) see on the right side are "you need to be silent, you need to be banned, you need to let my opinions control your actions."

In other words, one side says "yeah I don't have much faith in lockdowns, masks, or vaccine mandates, but if you want to stay home, mask up, or get the jabs, great."

Whereas many on the other side say "I do have faith in the lockdowns, masks, and vaccine mandates, so the authorities needs to enforce these things on you."

It's those latter people and their ideology who are far and away the biggest threat at work in this whole debacle. They and their mindset are way more dangerous than the virus. If I'm motivated to vocally oppose anything in this whole situation, it's them.
My take is those who are for mandates truly believe this is the only way to fully mitigate the spread. They feel a higher percentage being vaccinated would prove the science correct. I understand and agree that it should be a personal choice, but I will never understand how someone comes to the choice of not being vaccinated.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
My take is those who are for mandates truly believe this is the only way to fully mitigate the spread. They feel a higher percentage being vaccinated would prove the science correct. I understand and agree that it should be a personal choice, but I will never understand how someone comes to the choice of not being vaccinated.

Yeah I get that.

It really comes down to institutional mistrust and a sense that authorities and corporations will lie for ulterior motives.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So who’s forced to take it besides the military (we get forced to take a lot of vaccines), health care workers (both these groups seem to make common sense given their job/risk/requirements…. And some government employees. (Again if you want to be a public servant employed by the government, be prepared to deal with RULES). Everyplace else I’ve seen there is an option of taking the vaccine or being tested (same option I have flying to Hawaii later this month). Well… except in Australia where dantes has sluethed out you get put in a ******************. Anyone still comparing this to the flu? Sorry you started sounding ridiculous about 700,000 deaths ago FREE AUSTRALIA!!!!!
Not sure where your argument is. You agree that our citizens are being forced to take it. Just because they work for the government doesn't mean to demean their citizenship and the core fabric of what it stands for taken away from them. I stated the IDEA which now is trying to pass into the private sector. This authoritarian governing is not what this country is founded on.

To dismiss the flu outbreak and it's death toll and to call someone bringing it up as ridiculous is ironic at best.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Man, I had to ignore the Dillion has Covid thread and now this one is up next. There has always been exemptions from vaccinations. Religious ones are used all the time. Even healthcare workers can use the religious exemption and they are very loosely based on any belief system.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts