Lazard Situation...

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I think of when Brunell was on the bench and Hasselback. But I believe if Love suffered a season ender early or for say 8 weeks I think Gute would go after a veteran at that point just as a security blanket but not to win a SB. Losing is one thing but I cannot see Gute letting us get in a TJ Rubley or Scott Tolzien scenario. That is a TT thing. Fans have to believe you have some chance to win a football game.
Well, if you are developing a 2nd QB, that would be giving him an excellent opportunity to learn. I doubt a veteran QB, that is still on the street 8 weeks into the season, is going to jump right in and win games. #BrockPurdy

I realize people like W's, but I'd take L's, if it means bettering the team in the future. Hell, the 4 wins we got at the end of last season did us more harm than good.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
My bad, Correction $8.7million.
Don’t worry. I’ll cut you a check back for the difference! I’m telling the truth. I’d be just inoculated to do it

I was convinced he was vaccinated! If he lies once, Do you think it’s possible he might lie twice? ;)
He wasn’t getting 50 million per year!! He said so

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rubley was the 3rd string QB going into the game. Tolzien was the development 3rd string thrust into the starting role when Wallace, the designated #2 was lost for the season the game after the starter when down.
But Rubley was not on the field after that. Favre never missed a start whereas Rodgers and Wallace were not going to play for quite a while. TT got Flynn back just in the nick of time. We went 2-5-1 once Rodgers left the lineup. The 2 wins and a saving tie were from Flynn.

D

Deleted member 6794

My bad, Correction $8.7million.
Don’t worry. I’ll cut you a check back for the difference! I’m telling the truth. I’d be just inoculated to do it

The Packers actually lose $8.7 million of cap space for next season by trading Rodgers before June 1.

Talk now is whether to have a rookie or a veteran back up to Love. Cost would be a factor. I can think of 2 QBs who played under Flynn but would not come cheap. That is Mariotta and Mattie Ice. But they would rather not sit.

Mariota signed with the Eagles.

I would definitely prefer to have a veteran back up Love. The Packers won't spend an early rounder on a quarterback and I don't feel confindent about a late rounder, UDFA or Etling being able to be competitive next season.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All this talk about a 2nd string QB makes me realize we need to draft OL and high. Not just for protection but for running also.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
All this talk about a 2nd string QB makes me realize we need to draft OL and high. Not just for protection but for running also.
Why high? If you look at the Packers draft history, they have had a lot of success drafting offensive lineman mid to late rounds. Not to mention that they currently have a pretty decent young OL that is trending upwards. Obviously, Bahk at the age of 31 is the elder statesman.

Reaction score
Wait... so by your own admission, you're the one who was convinced he was vaccinated but I'm the gullible one?
I was being sarcastic. Did anyone even watch the lying interview live? I’m going to guess that the masses didn’t even see that lying interview until he got caught! So how could I possibly know one way or the other??
I’m not omnipresent and omniscient, if I was I would tell you guys what Rodgers contract will be ahead of time. Then I would’ve told you guys where and what Lazard’s contract was going to be ahead of time. No. I’m just a Lonely uniformed soul on these matters. I didn’t know Rodgers lied until everyone else knew like a decade later. Anyone trying to cover for him is being cute and likely trying to protect some self interest, so I’m just letting you know I recognize that.

Last edited:

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was being sarcastic. Did anyone even watch the lying interview live? I’m going to guess that the masses didn’t even see that lying interview until he got caught! So how could I possibly know one way or the other??

But you accused him of saying that he was vaccinated. What I'm asking you is when did he say he was vaccinated? I can't find a single quote or interview where he said that.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As soon as he said immunized I knew he was not jabbed. I just figured he had a natural infection prior and that’s what he was meaning.

And you’re right, I am protecting self interest. Everyone has the right to keep private medical information completely private. I don’t care if they have to lie to people who have zero reason to know or not.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why high? If you look at the Packers draft history, they have had a lot of success drafting offensive lineman mid to late rounds. Not to mention that they currently have a pretty decent young OL that is trending upwards. Obviously, Bahk at the age of 31 is the elder statesman.
I'm not enamored with the O line. Since Tom looks like an OT to me; I guess I would like a guard in the 2nd. Same round we picked Jenkins. In the mocks, those tackles are going fast and early. I don't want a tight end early. Maybe we get the w/o from TCU. If so, I definitely don't want a TE till later. But certainly we (or Barry) needs a D lineman. So I hope we have two first round picks. Trade down one of them for the D lineman.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers actually lose $8.7 million of cap space for next season by trading Rodgers before June 1.

Mariota signed with the Eagles.

I would definitely prefer to have a veteran back up Love. The Packers won't spend an early rounder on a quarterback and I don't feel confindent about a late rounder, UDFA or Etling being able to be competitive next season.
Where is Jake McCown when you need him?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I'm not enamored with the O line. Since Tom looks like an OT to me; I guess I would like a guard in the 2nd. Same round we picked Jenkins. In the mocks, those tackles are going fast and early. I don't want a tight end early. Maybe we get the w/o from TCU. If so, I definitely don't want a TE till later. But certainly we (or Barry) needs a D lineman. So I hope we have two first round picks. Trade down one of them for the D lineman.
Just a difference of preferences between us. I would like to see Gute get a TE and a WR relatively early. 2 players, that along with Watson and Doubs, might grow and develop with Love. I guess I am a little less worried about the OL than some, but I would still expect Gute to grab 1 or 2 mid to late rounds.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Allen Lazard tells TMZ Sports Aaron Rodgers was "a big reason" he's now a Jet ... and, no, he says he has zero concerns that a NY trade for the QB could fall through.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just a difference of preferences between us. I would like to see Gute get a TE and a WR relatively early. 2 players, that along with Watson and Doubs, might grow and develop with Love. I guess I am a little less worried about the OL than some, but I would still expect Gute to grab 1 or 2 mid to late rounds.
Agreed. The O line has players in place who should do well - Tom, Nijman, a few others. I don't see the O line as a high priority - beyond adding depth in rounds 3 and beyond. Well, that's true every year.

Now if the Packers get the Jets #13 pick, I'd like them to go for a TE and S in round 1. Probably Branch with #13 and Mayer or one of the other round 1 TEs at #15. I don't think that requires a huge reach.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Agreed. The O line has players in place who should do well - Tom, Nijman, a few others. I don't see the O line as a high priority - beyond adding depth in rounds 3 and beyond. Well, that's true every year.

Now if the Packers get the Jets #13 pick, I'd like them to go for a TE and S in round 1. Probably Branch with #13 and Mayer or one of the other round 1 TEs at #15. I don't think that requires a huge reach.
I'm not sold on Branch, at least that high. Also, if the Packers do get that #13 pick from the Jets, unless there are 2 players that just slid way further than the Packers thought they would, I would rather trade back with one of the first rounders and pick up additional picks. I think that is why some are saying that if the Jets offer their #42 and #43, instead of a first round for Rodgers, the Packers should do it. I would also want the Jets to swap their #13 with our #15 in such a trade plus any other additional players and/or future picks added to that. :)

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sold on Branch, at least that high. Also, if the Packers do get that #13 pick from the Jets, unless there are 2 players that just slid way further than the Packers thought they would, I would rather trade back with one of the first rounders and pick up additional picks. I think that is why some are saying that if the Jets offer their #42 and #43, instead of a first round for Rodgers, the Packers should do it. I would also want the Jets to swap their #13 with our #15 in such a trade plus any other additional players and/or future picks added to that. :)
Hmmm, that would certainly be ok with me. And I'm not sold on Branch as a top 15 pick either. Seems like he started there in earlier mocks, but now I'm seeing him go at #20 for later.

There's enough talent at TE that GB could still find someone in the 2nd round. So yeah, I'd be happy with the two picks the Jets have in round 2, and swapping out first round picks - and then using #13 to grab Van Ness, or trade back if he's gone.

Reaction score
Hmmm, that would certainly be ok with me. And I'm not sold on Branch as a top 15 pick either. Seems like he started there in earlier mocks, but now I'm seeing him go at #20 for later.

There's enough talent at TE that GB could still find someone in the 2nd round. So yeah, I'd be happy with the two picks the Jets have in round 2, and swapping out first round picks - and then using #13 to grab Van Ness, or trade back if he's gone.
They can keep #13 if we get a pair of 2nds and a later 2nd Rounder in 2025 if Rodgers plays 2 seasons or equivalent.

D

Deleted member 6794

The O line has players in place who should do well - Tom, Nijman, a few others. I don't see the O line as a high priority - beyond adding depth in rounds 3 and beyond.

I don't feel comfortable about the center position as well as the right side of the offensive line entering the draft. Especially considering the team will enter the season with a first year starting quarterback.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That's our problem, 3/5's of the line is just made up of "depth" guys who are our starters by default. We need starters. We need guys who don't need a TE staying in to block or a WR crashing down to give a chip before going into a route because your Tackle needs help, or your guard needs help so we need 2 guys out there to do the job of the tackle that is helping the guard. and if you don't do that, we face the likelihood someone has practically a free run at our QB or RB in the backfield before a play can even start.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They can keep #13 if we get a pair of 2nds and a later 2nd Rounder in 2025 if Rodgers plays 2 seasons or equivalent.
Agree. And there has to be a conditional pick in there if he does play a second year. It can start out as a third rounder and escalate to 2nd round if they make the playoffs and 1st round if they get to the SB. Something like that.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Agree. And there has to be a conditional pick in there if he does play a second year. It can start out as a third rounder and escalate to 2nd round if they make the playoffs and 1st round if they get to the SB. Something like that.
I wonder if Gute has said to the Jets "Fine, for now, we will take your two 2nd round picks in the 2023 draft. However, if Rodgers plays (for any team) in 2024, we get your 2025 1st rounder and for each year after that, the same thing." :D

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder if Gute has said to the Jets "Fine, for now, we will take your two 2nd round picks in the 2023 draft. However, if Rodgers plays (for any team) in 2024, we get your 2025 1st rounder and for each year after that, the same thing." :D
Hey, why the hell not? If they all knew he was going to play at least three years, this would be a multiple first round pick trade.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts