Lazard Situation...

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Blame Rodgers for what, after he is gone? About the only thing fans could possibly "blame" on Rodgers is the Cap situation for the next 2 seasons, but that was Ball and Gute's doing, they didn't have to pay A-Rod that money or structure his contract the way it was. Could have and probably should have traded him after the 2021 season.
Yes, that. Plenty of people believe it’s his fault. You know, he held them hostage. Hostage taking seems to be one of his specialties.

How about the gem of a comment by a Packer fan aired on NFL network, talking about how Rodgers is ******** the organization (even though by leaving he’s giving them an out) even further by “taking Lazard with him”?

The Rodgers haters never quit.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Blame Rodgers for what, after he is gone? About the only thing fans could possibly "blame" on Rodgers is the Cap situation for the next 2 seasons, but that was Ball and Gute's doing, they didn't have to pay A-Rod that money or structure his contract the way it was. Could have and probably should have traded him after the 2021 season.
Oh I’m sure some will figure something out.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Yes, that. Plenty of people believe it’s his fault. You know, he held them hostage. Hostage taking seems to be one of his specialties.

How about the gem of a comment by a Packer fan aired on NFL network, talking about how Rodgers is ******** the organization (even though by leaving he’s giving them an out) even further by “taking Lazard with him”?

Or assuming that Rodgers was waiting all the way until free agency to make his decision when in reality the Packers and Jets are trying to negotiate compensation.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

I can only speak for myself in saying that if you confuse my expressing dislike of some of his actions/inactions with me hating the guy, then that would be an incorrect interpretation of how I actually feel about him. That would be like me saying, that people who approve of the same things I have issues with, are just a bunch of "Rodgers Lovers". Now that isn't to say that others are so ticked off, they hate the guy or some actually do Love the guy and he can do no wrong, but those really aren't the opinions, on either side, that are predominately being posted in this forum, at least from my perspective.

Reaction score
It won't be that easy as the Packers currently have already the seventh most cap space allocated towards the 2024 season at this point.
Yes but we free up near $10m now
+
Then we free up $40m Rodgers $$ next year and only negate
-$20m for Loves 5th year option

Adding +$30M (rounded) against our current 2024 projected -$32Mil (Spotrac) = leaves <-$2mil
Plus, lots of pushed void $ got washed along the way (2023-2024)
The QB $$ does a natural job fixing things quickly because it’s our largest % contract on the books (or off the books in this case) on a year to year continuum

We can argue we have to sign Gary or a back lip QB or others, but that’s every team and thus those arguments can’t come in just yet.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Or assuming that Rodgers was waiting all the way until free agency to make his decision when in reality the Packers and Jets are trying to negotiate compensation.

He waited until last Friday, to inform the Jets that he would play for them, not sure if he informed the Packers of that. Had his clarity come to him a month ago, maybe the deal would have gotten done with the Jets or another team. He played a role, as did the Packers and the Jets, in the fact that he is still a Packer, longer than he had to be.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Packer fan aired on NFL network, talking about how Rodgers is ******** the organization (even though by leaving he’s giving them an out) even further by “taking Lazard with him”?
I would view that as a comment made by a very uninformed fan. Lazard is a free agent, he can sign with any team that he wants to. There are uninformed fans on both sides, so I don't get too excited by their comments.

Reaction score
He waited until last Friday, to inform the Jets that he would play for them, not sure if he informed the Packers of that. Had his clarity come to him a month ago, maybe the deal would have gotten done with the Jets or another team. He played a role, as did the Packers and the Jets, in the fact that he is still a Packer, longer than he had to be.
That was my argument. If the negotiations take 30 days, it could’ve started near 30 days ago and he even waited substantial time to go in his retreat. He waited until the week of FA to make plans and put the Packers against the wall.

What he doesn’t realize is the Packers hold all the cards. We have our QB and other than losing $20m and some flippant offer of a 3rd rounder? we have really no hurries. 3rd Rounders always suck in GB so that was not a good way to start negotiating!!!

We can even push some into next season if we stall more.

Now that that’s behind us and we’ve resolved to carry on forward without a deal… ;)
Id be respectful but calmly tell Betty Rodgers and the Jets Jets Jets to simply call us when they have a reasonable offer. We’ll try to wait on calling other teams a little longer as a courtesy. It’s unfortunate everyone had to stall so long with these retreats and such or we already have finality.

Last edited:

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can only speak for myself in saying that if you confuse my expressing dislike of some of his actions/inactions with me hating the guy, then that would be an incorrect interpretation of how I actually feel about him. That would be like me saying, that people who approve of the same things I have issues with, are just a bunch of "Rodgers Lovers". Now that isn't to say that others are so ticked off, they hate the guy or some actually do Love the guy and he can do no wrong, but those really aren't the opinions, on either side, that are predominately being posted in this forum, at least from my perspective.
FWIW, I wasn’t calling you a Rodgers hater. Sorry if you took it that way. I was referring to people like the ignorant fan.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
+

Adding +$30M (rounded) against our current 2024 projected -$32Mil (Spotrac) = leaves <-$2mil
The QB $$ does a natural job fixing things quickly because it’s our largest % contract on the books (or off the books in this case) on a year to year continuum

We can argue we have to sign Gary or a back lip QB or others, but that’s every team and thus those arguments can’t come in just yet.
It has been a long time since the Packers have been in this situation. Will they know what to do with money? Is LaFleur ready to take a few lumps for a few years? Have to admit that Mike Holmgren came here ready to do that without a lot on paper in 1992.

D

Deleted member 6794

I wonder how many of us would be so willing and eager to move on from Rodgers, if Tim Boyle or Brett Hundley was his successor. So yeah, it helps to soften the blow a bit, with the hopes that Love can be another FHOF QB, but I am just looking forward to getting back to Packer Football, that is about the Packers and not just Rodgers.

There's a distinct possible Love doesn't develop into a decent starter. At this point nobody knows.

+

How do they Packers free up $10 million of cap space now?

Id be respectful but calmly tell Betty Rodgers and the Jets Jets Jets to simply call us when they have a reasonable offer.

I'm convinced Rodgers isn't involved in negotiations between the Packers and the Jets.

Reaction score
My bad, Correction $8.7million.
Don’t worry. I’ll cut you a check back for the difference! I’m telling the truth. I’d be just inoculated to do it
I'm convinced Rodgers isn't involved in negotiations between the Packers and the Jets.
I was convinced he was vaccinated! If he lies once, Do you think it’s possible he might lie twice? ;)

Reaction score
Pretty sure he never claimed to be vaccinated.
Yeah right buddy.
I could care less if he was or wasn’t. I do however care he got caught lying on camera. He might have fooled you but he didn’t fool me.
I know a liar when I see one I lie to myself all the time!
But you probably don’t believe me. Which makes me truthful! :coffee:

Last edited:

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could care less if he was or wasn’t. I do however care he got caught lying on camera. He might have fooled you but he didn’t fool me.
I know a liar when I see one I lie to myself all the time! I’m basically a liar expert!

I'm not saying he isn't a liar at times, but when did he ever say he was vaccinated?

Reaction score
I'm not saying he isn't a liar at times, but when did he ever say he was vaccinated?
Are you really serious?
I pray you’re not that gullible but maybe you really think that innocently which I suppose is refreshing in these times.

Aaron tried to outsmart everyone by agreeing with question and flipping terminology. That kinda lie takes s well thought out effort. Which is called “lying in the 1st Degree”. It takes years to perfect that type level of lying-hood.

See most of our most common lies are 2nd and 3rd degree lies and even involuntary lies (fibbing).
His lies are calculated and planned and his attempt to cover it up is like on the level of a serial liar. Aaron is like a Walking talking John Ritter from “ Three’s Company”.
Well I’m no Mr. Roper!

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's a distinct possible Love doesn't develop into a decent starter. At this point nobody knows.

Talk now is whether to have a rookie or a veteran back up to Love. Cost would be a factor. I can think of 2 QBs who played under Flynn but would not come cheap. That is Mariotta and Mattie Ice. But they would rather not sit.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you really serious?
I pray you’re not that gullible but maybe you really think that innocently which I suppose is refreshing in these times.

Wait... so by your own admission, you're the one who was convinced he was vaccinated but I'm the gullible one?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Talk now is whether to have a rookie or a veteran back up to Love. Cost would be a factor. I can think of 2 QBs who played under Flynn but would not come cheap. That is Mariotta and Mattie Ice. But they would rather not sit.
No reason to spend money on a veteran QB, when you are in rebuild mode. If Love goes down, the Packers having a $6M/year guy won't matter. I hope they pull a Ron Wolf, draft a QB prospect that they like mid rounds and sign an UDFA QB. Develop them both and potentially have a long time #2 or a real good trade prospect. They did resign Danny Etling to a reserves/future contract in January, so he will be in the mix as well. Etling is a puzzle to me. Maybe just a practice arm. He has been in the NFL since 2018 when the Pats drafted him in the 7th. Hasn't played a down of real NFL Football and has bounced around 10 times (twice to the Seahawks and twice to the Packers), one of those times was the CFL and he didn't see playing time there either.

Last edited:

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL....I would call that a strawman argument, at least until it actually happens.
Maybe… and speaking as someone who has been critical of him (and yet still today believe that on the field he is still one of the best) I have no doubt that the aforementioned criticisms will happen.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Maybe… and speaking as someone who has been critical of him (and yet still today believe that on the field he is still one of the best) I have no doubt that the aforementioned criticisms will happen.
Oh I totally agree, but like I said, it hasn't happened, just yet. Same could be said for all those critical of Rodgers, will he be deserved of some of those same criticisms as a Jet (if it happens)? I guess time will tell on both topics.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No reason to spend money on a veteran QB, when you are in rebuild mode. If Love goes down, the Packers having a $6M/year guy won't matter. I hope they pull a Ron Wolf, draft a QB prospect that they like mid rounds and sign an UDFA QB. Develop them both and potentially have a long time #2 or a real good trade prospect. They did resign Danny Etling to a reserves/future contract in January, so he will be in the mix as well. Etling is a puzzle to me. Maybe just a practice arm. He has been in the NFL since 2018 when the Pats drafted him in the 7th. Hasn't played a down of real NFL Football and has bounced around 10 times (twice to the Seahawks and twice to the Packers), one of those times was the CFL and he didn't see playing time there either.
I think of when Brunell was on the bench and Hasselback. But I believe if Love suffered a season ender early or for say 8 weeks I think Gute would go after a veteran at that point just as a security blanket but not to win a SB. Losing is one thing but I cannot see Gute letting us get in a TJ Rubley or Scott Tolzien scenario. That is a TT thing. Fans have to believe you have some chance to win a football game.

Members online

Latest posts