Lazard Situation...

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you always have to butt in? Doesn’t concern you and you’re not a mod. Cmon dude you’re better than that.
Lol I was an equal opportunist there - figured you would appreciate it.

Truthfully I don’t like seeing mods have to do something because typically it just can be calmed down typically without bringing in any moms and dads (mods)

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also FTR my ignore comment was meaning anyone that uses the feature simply cannot understand disagreements IMO.

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So you admit you're only here to argue, not have any kind of honest dialogue. People who demand others to answer their questions but refuse to answer anyone else's are definitely ********s. And you fit the bill to a T. You make dumb claims and then get bent out of shape when you get called on it. And then you call others ignorant. What a buffoon.
Not at all but after a while all you are is entertainment and a waste of my time. Don’t you have a bin to fill and a window to lick?

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol I was an equal opportunist there - figured you would appreciate it.

Truthfully I don’t like seeing mods have to do something because typically it just can be calmed down typically without bringing in any moms and dads (mods)
My guy

Reaction score
For the record, the burden of proof is on the one with the claim or accuser - Crow is 100% correct there.

Ignore feature is for folks that simply cannot behave as an adult in disagreements. :) There I said it - (bozo bin incoming)
This place is looking like the final season the:
“The Gong Show!”
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see why. For one thing Love will most of the time run the actual play. It will depend on our O line blocking. And the O line coach will have something to do with that also.
So now the Oline coach doesn't like Rodgers either? He is going to do a better job coaching now that Love will most likely be the QB? Also IMO if you believe teams will play the pass more often than the run with Love as QB than they did with AR I believe you are mistaken.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm fairly certain there isn't a soul anywhere that believes Gute will retain his position for long if Love is an absolute failure. Gute will get 2023 and possibly 2024 season only...
Lol, perhaps you should define "absolute failure ". You mean as in Rodgers play last year?

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol, perhaps you should define "absolute failure ". You mean as in Rodgers play last year?

I think unless Love shows promise, which honeslty still could be a three win team, Gute will be on a hot seat and 2024 will be a massive year for him to hopefully have a roster minimum competing for wildcard or he’ll get blamed for wrong call on Love

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see why. For one thing Love will most of the time run the actual play. It will depend on our O line blocking. And the O line coach will have something to do with that also.
You may be surprised at how good the defenses may be at stopping the “actual play“.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You may be surprised at how good the defenses may be at stopping the “actual play“.
And you may be as well how well it does work. None of us know till it happens and honestly Love's first year may not be the best indicator of it, at least not first part.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So now the Oline coach doesn't like Rodgers either? He is going to do a better job coaching now that Love will most likely be the QB? Also IMO if you believe teams will play the pass more often than the run with Love as QB than they did with AR I believe you are mistaken.
I talked of the O line coach because he did not really show me anything last year. I don't know if he is good or bad. But I do know that good O line coaches much more often than not make the thing work. As to Ds having to play the pass. Well of course they will have to play the pass. Unless Love falls flat on his face; Ds will have to look out for the pass just as much. I think if they cheat against the run; Love and hopefully LaFleur, will make them pay.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
How in the.......did you jump to the assumption that the ol coach hates Rodgers?? Wow

I "assume" I know why.

So can every one stop being so snarky?? We get some here think Rodgers can do no wrong and some think he is the devil. If I'm correct in the interpretation of your statement, this **** needs to stop

D

Deleted member 6794

Disagree. I think we'll be better than many expect.

As mentioned before, we'll revisit that at the end of next season.
Also, unlike a lot of Packer fans, I hope that the Packers don't use hindsight to say "Gute has to go, the Love pick had no basis and was a total failure." Those that want to say that, should revisit the rationale behind the pick AT THE TIME.

As I mentioned at the time Love was drafted, Gutekunst will mostly be evaluated on how that move works out. If it doesn't he should be fired as there was no rationale to support it in the first place.

In Rodgers first year as a starter (2008), the Packers went 6-10. The year before, 13-3.

True, but the main reason for that was the defense significantly regressing.

Wouldn't shock me if a Love led team won only 3, lost only 3 or somewhere inbetween. A lot of it doesn't even depend on just Love...does Watson and Doubs take next steps like many suspect...

Love will have a lot to do with how well Doubs and Watson develop as well though.

With only $20mil at QB next season we should see our Cap straighten out pretty quickly.

It won't be that easy as the Packers currently have already the seventh most cap space allocated towards the 2024 season at this point.

How do you know what plays he calls? Rodgers changed the play more often than not and often ignored the called plays completely.

How do you know Rodgers did that?
As to Ds having to play the pass. Well of course they will have to play the pass. Unless Love falls flat on his face; Ds will have to look out for the pass just as much. I think if they cheat against the run; Love and hopefully LaFleur, will make them pay.

Opposing defenses will dare Love to beat them throwing the ball early in the season until he proves being capable of. They will definitely not respect him as move as they did with Rodgers.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
For the record, the burden of proof is on the one with the claim or accuser - Crow is 100% correct there.

Ignore feature is for folks that simply cannot behave as an adult in disagreements. :) There I said it - (bozo bin incoming)
Bozo bin is also for posters who you can't stand reading their incessant drivel spewing from their keypads

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I think unless Love shows promise, which honeslty still could be a three win team, Gute will be on a hot seat and 2024 will be a massive year for him to hopefully have a roster minimum competing for wildcard or he’ll get blamed for wrong call on Love
I think you are greatly overestimating the rest of the league. I see potential train wrecks all across the league from where I sit.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And you may be as well how well it does work. None of us know till it happens and honestly Love's first year may not be the best indicator of it, at least not first part.
Nothing to argue there. I’m ready for the change…. Hopeful that Love will be successful. I’m also realistic about the level of talent that is leaving.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I just can’t wait to see the shift of blame from the anti-Rodgers crowd once he’s gone. Truly anxious to see who inherits it!
You mean the same crowd that discussed all sorts of reasons for the season that saw the Packers go 8-9, with Aaron Rodgers as the QB?

I really haven't run into many, if any, Packer fans that are unhappy with Rodgers AND blamed him solely for an 8-9 season, lost playoff games, etc. Just like he shouldn't get sole credit for all the Packer wins, while he was their QB.

Now if you want to talk about a crowd being unhappy with Rodgers and much of the off the field stuff that has made some of us tired of the guy, that is a different angle.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
You mean the same crowd that discussed all sorts of reasons for the season that saw the Packers go 8-9, with Aaron Rodgers as the QB?

I really haven't run into many, if any, Packer fans that are unhappy with Rodgers AND blame him solely for an 8-9 season, lost playoff games, etc. Just like he shouldn't get sole credit for all his wins as a QB.

Now if you want to talk about a crowd being unhappy with Rodgers and much of the off the field stuff that has made some of us tired of the guy, that is a different angle.
Mostly referring to Crow, AK, etc. And there’s many others that, while they might acknowledge failures around the rest of the team, they spend 95% of their time and energy focusing on a single player. And that’s a conservative number.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just can’t wait to see the shift of blame from the anti-Rodgers crowd once he’s gone. Truly anxious to see who inherits it!
Brandon Bostick..., oh wait that was 2015. Amari Rodgers..., dang, that was 2022. I don't know, give me a few months. ;)

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Mostly referring to Crow, AK, etc. And there’s many others that, while they might acknowledge failures around the rest of the team, they spend 95% of their time and energy focusing on a single player. And that’s a conservative number.
Got ya. But yes there is a difference between blaming Rodgers for everything wrong with the Packers and just being sick of his schtick. Personally, I am just tired of him. I wonder how many of us would be so willing and eager to move on from Rodgers, if Tim Boyle or Brett Hundley was his successor. So yeah, it helps to soften the blow a bit, with the hopes that Love can be another FHOF QB, but I am just looking forward to getting back to Packer Football, that is about the Packers and not just Rodgers.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Brandon Bostick..., oh wait that was 2015. Amari Rodgers..., dang, that was 2022. I don't know, give me a few months. ;)
Capers, Pettine, now Barry...special teams coaches up the *****, Mike McCarthy, Ted Thompson, Mark Murphy, MLF....all of the above have been randomly sited throughout the last 15 or so years, for things wrong with the Packers.

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MLF and/or JB will get the lion’s share. But don’t be surprised when some people blame Rodgers even after he’s gone.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
MLF and/or JB will get the lion’s share. But don’t be surprised when some people blame Rodgers even after he’s gone.
Blame Rodgers for what, after he is gone? About the only thing fans could possibly "blame" on Rodgers is the Cap situation for the next 2 seasons, but that was Ball and Gute's doing, they didn't have to pay A-Rod that money or structure his contract the way it was. Could have and probably should have traded him after the 2021 season.

Members online

Latest posts