Lambeau Field Tour

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last October, I went to the Dallas-GB game. The game was awesome with the Cowgirls going home disappointed. Anyway, I went on that tour the day before the game and it was AMAZING!!! I couldn't believe for under ten bucks, a person could walk through the player's tunnel where the players come out, go out by the famous endzone where Starr ran the QB sneak to beat the Cowboys in the Ice Bowl, etc.

Not only that, but all the friendly people that take you under their wing when you go to a game. Packer fans are the most unique fans in all of sport around the globe.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not only that, but all the friendly people that take you under their wing when you go to a game. Packer fans are the most unique fans in all of sport around the globe.
If you can make it from your car, across the parking lot and in the gates without someone offering you a beer, burger or brat, you must not be a very social looking person! Packer fans, especially at Lambeau are the BEST IN THE NFL

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ND, I imagine stands for North Dakota not Notre Dame.

Assuming that, more years ago than I care to admit, I was fortunate enough to be a judge for the Miss North Dakota Miss Universe Pageant. That was my first extensive experience with North Dakotans. You sir, and your fellow neighbors were very good people. I thank you for your complimentery words and offer my thank you for the hospitality that was given me.

Good to have you aboard. :D

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I took the tour last year. I thought it was cool the way the stadium echoed when a few dozen people chanted "Go Pack Go"!

I liked the tour, but my one disappointment of the tour though was that they didn't give us a tour of the lockerroom. They said they couldn't do it for liabilty reasons. I didn't get that because I took a tour of the baseball stadium down here in Arizona and they let us in the lockerroom here. Otherwise the Lambeau tour was very nice.

OP
OP
NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packertraxx- Yes, ND stands for North Dakota and I am glad you had a good experience while you were in my state. We don't have a lot going for us as far as tourism, but the people are a lot like Packer fans in terms of hospitality.

Thank you all for accepting me into this forum. It is fun to talk Packer football with those that have some quality insight on the team. It sure beats talking smack on the sportsline message boards on who is going to win the SB, who's better - Brady or Manning, and stuff like that!

BTW - has anyone checked out that message board lately? I think they talk about everything BUT football nowadays!

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We don't have a lot going for us as far as tourism, but the people are a lot like Packer fans in terms of hospitality.
Living in NE I see lots of tourism advertisments for ND and SD on tv, especially late at night when I am up working the computer. I have to say SD has you beat so far, they have this annoyingly catchy song on all their adds. Almost makes me consider vacationing there, then I remember I would rather go home to WI! :)

leopardmech

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I took the tour in the Summer of '96 and found it amazing. I then took my second trip to Lambeau for the Seattle playoff game in Jan 04. Wow had the place changed. I knew it had been upgraded but I couldn't believe to the extent at which it had been done. They kept the Lambeau mystique but turned it into a state of the art football stadium.

Later
Leopardmech

OP
OP
NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was a little worried when I first heard of the renovation. The Packers, Lombardi, Frozen Tundra, just too much history to mess with. I have to say that I am pleasantly surprised at how the history and tradition is kept while turning the venue into a state of the art stadium. Plus, I noticed that the beer flows like wine in the parking lot and in the stadium more than any other place I've ever been! :beer:

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan--I would hope so, vacationing in Wisconsin, that is. ---Leopardmach--Glad you enjoyed the results of Lambeau Field Renovation. I have been there many times, I still get Shivers up and down my spine every time I enter Lambeau Field and the Atrium. This town of 240,000 funded this project with a 1/2% Brown County Sales Tax. Packer fans owning Packer tickets paid a $1400 per ticket seating charge to help fund the renovation plus had to pay for season tickets short time after the $1400 stadium seating fee was due. Packer fans bought Packer stock in 1997-98 which was start up money to renovate Lambeau Field. I think something like $24M of stock was sold to Packer fans. The stock gives no interest or dividends to Packer Stockholders. That is the kind of fans the Green Bay Packers have. Everytime The Green Bay Packer had financial difficulties, The Packer fans were there with their money!!

Members online

Latest posts