Lacy to IR

mkonyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not that I have a dog in the fight, but by saying "glad" that you don't watch them this year....sounds like you are thumbing your nose at the rest of us who do. Apparently, that was not your attention.

Nope. Wish I had time to watch. I actually took off work, cleared the weekend and have tickets when they come to Nashville...they could be winless and I wouldn't miss a chance to see a game in person.

H

HardRightEdge

Seriously? Seriously? What's you're problem? I asked a question. I work 2 jobs and have a family. I have a very, very small amount of free time and with the way the team is playing I am not spending that time watching them. Just because I don't watch doesn't mean I don't follow the team. Go be rude elsewhere.
So, if the team was playing better you'd find the time.

I give no credibility to fans whose sole knowledge of what happens on the field is what somebody else tells them.

broguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, this season is really coming off the rails, huh?

So, assuming everyone gets back to full health before the end of the season, who's your choice for the "designated to return" label? My gut says we need Shields back, but I'm concerned about his fragility. They say each concussion makes you more and more susceptible to another, and that seems pretty evident with Shields.

mkonyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, if the team was playing better you'd find the time.

I give no credibility to fans whose sole knowledge of what happens on the field is what somebody else tells them.

You don't need to give me any credibility BECAUSE I DIDNT MAKE ANY STATEMENTS. I asked a question...

Edit: and yes the 2hrs I get in me time during the week I might watch a recording of the game if I knew it would be exciting. I didn't really see much excitement from the 2 games I caught so far this year.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good lord smh. Maybe they will resign him for a cheaper price but now RB has become an issue smh. Wth is Don Jackson?!

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score

So, assuming everyone gets back to full health before the end of the season, who's your choice for the "designated to return" label? My gut says we need Shields back, but I'm concerned about his fragility. They say each concussion makes you more and more susceptible to another, and that seems pretty evident with Shields.

We probably need Shields the most, but I think it's better than 50/50 that his career is over. That means we bring back lacy if he is healthy, and Starks if Lacy is not healthy.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

Lacy. Of the 3, he will be the guy we most likely will need to win in Dec./Jan. Now if Davis or Jackson somehow make themselves a household name, then Shields, but he could be available for one hit and done.

IMO, Starks is done as a Packer. Unless, both Lacy and Shields can't come back.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Will Davis play tonight? I guess he'll have to.

LOL our RB situation sure has gotten a face lift.

Maybe we can find a "Ryan Grant" in either Davis or Jackson. It might not be all that bad.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Will Davis play tonight? I guess he'll have to.

LOL our RB situation sure has gotten a face lift.

Maybe we can find a "Ryan Grant" in either Davis or Jackson. It might not be all that bad.

Last thing I read is that Montgomery will be getting the start at RB. How much of either Davis or Jackson we see, nobody knows.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last thing I read is that Montgomery will be getting the start at RB. How much of either Davis or Jackson we see, nobody knows.

I was hoping Davis would start. I want to see what that kid does with us. He has wheels and break away speed we haven't had here in a while at the RB spot.

OP
OP
sjb12681

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No way davis starts with 3 days and little knowledge of our blocking system for AR. I would bet we get very basic tonight and keep Rip in a lot more, as well as replace RB blocks with TE assignments. It looks like Don Jackson gets the rock, which doesnt inspire confidence:
Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)
1 hour ago - View on Twitter
The #Packers will determine later if Eddie Lacy’s season is over. But tonight, newly promoted RB Don Jackson will be the main back.

Only people I would think want to see Davis tonight are those who just snatched him off their Fantasy Waiver Wire. I for one wouldnt have let him carry more than 3-4 times IF Lacy was playing and they were subbing in/out.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Hopefully, we can finally get on track in the passing game and don't have to rely on the ground game, because I just don't see us having much of one tonight. Maybe, just maybe with a comfortable lead, both Jackson and Davis can get some carries in later in the game.

Only good news about these last minute changes, the Bears have no idea what to expect.

mkonyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't seen Rip carry the ball yet. Does he seem to have a good rb vision or is he more of a blocker/short yardage guy?

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just learned that Don Jackson never even took a snap in preseason. Should be interesting tonight...

I am a little excited to see Ty Montgomery in the backfield.

H

HardRightEdge

Maybe this will be a just-show-the-run-Brees-like 50 pass ****-and-dunk game. Kinda like the second half against Dallas. Sans the turnovers of course. ;)

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, maybe Geronimo Allison can carry the ball. He's still on the PS. It'd be cool to have a running back named 'Geronimo.' Or how about Bret Hundley? He looks pretty strong. Might have better success running between the tackles than Monty or Cobb.

I'm only partially kidding.

H

HardRightEdge

Hey, maybe Geronimo Allison can carry the ball. He's still on the PS. It'd be cool to have a running back named 'Geronimo.' Or how about Bret Hundley? He looks pretty strong. Might have better success running between the tackles than Monty or Cobb.

I'm only partially kidding.
Good thing it was at least partially. ;)

broguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't seen Rip carry the ball yet. Does he seem to have a good rb vision or is he more of a blocker/short yardage guy?

Yeah, you've made it clear that you don't watch ;)

He had one carry straight into the line for no gain on 3rd and 1 against Dallas. He seems to be a prototypical fullback. Not someone who can or should be getting significant carries

Members online

Latest posts