Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
SoonerPack

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. I know my limits and ain't too proud to ask for a little help .

Nonstarter anyhow as he is staying put. Lost out on Melvin as well. The CB market is starting to look very Thompsonish...
Gute will put something together. Right?

H

HardRightEdge

So what did we offer to him? A long term contract? Or just the 1 yr 12 mil
We're still waiting on the details for Graham and Wilkerson, but if the numbers are as they're characterized and Fuller gets $12 mil, somebody will get cut and I don't mean a minimum salary player.

H

HardRightEdge

Packers had to have the cap space available to make the offer. The offer tied up that amount, same as if they'd franchise tagged someone.
Fuller at $12 mil. 1 year? They have the cap now it would appear. They won't when the draftees are signed, the 53 man roster is filled out, and the practice squad is signed.

VegasPacker

Cheeseman of the Board
Reaction score
Ok now that we're done playing f*cking games with players we were never going to get....can we PLEASE sign ******* CB now?!?!?

Just lost out on Melvin with this Mickey Mouse bull$hit.

Sign EJ Gaines or go after Tyrann Mathieu! DO SOMETHING! This is starting to feel like the Ted Thompson games are coming right back again.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was a no brainer match to make for the Bears, but I'm a little surprised they didn't wait it out to keep us in limbo. Maybe they didn't want to keep Fuller in limbo.

H

HardRightEdge

Back to about $14 mil in cap (we think) pending Graham and Wilkersson details. Then there are the necessary future subtractions which I won't repeat for probably the 50th. time over the years.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok now that we're done playing f*cking games with players we were never going to get....can we PLEASE sign ******* CB now?!?!?

Sign EJ Gaines or go after Tyrann Mathieu! DO SOMETHING! This is starting to feel like the Ted Thompson games are coming right back again.
I agree we should realistically sign both wtf get it done

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I don't think offering $14M/year is Mickey Mouse BS. You don't make an offer there is a 0% chance you get him.

Who says Melvin wanted to sign with GB anyways.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My scenario would be trading a #3 to the Giants for DRC...is be trying to make that deal. Should’ve never let Hayward walk smh

VegasPacker

Cheeseman of the Board
Reaction score
I don't think offering $14M/year is Mickey Mouse BS. You don't make an offer there is a 0% chance you get him.

Who says Melvin wanted to sign with GB anyways.

Works the other way kid....if the Bears had ZERO intention of being super competitive on matching offers they wouldn't have even trans tagged him in the first place.....like I said and I'll say it AGAIN, Micky Mouse bull$hit!

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Works the other way kid....if the Bears had ZERO intention of being super competitive on matching offers they wouldn't have even trans tagged him in the first place.....like I said and I'll say it AGAIN, Micky Mouse bull$hit!

Well, you showed me. I mean, you capitalized a bunch of words in your response.

Do me a favor, ignore me like I'm going to ignore you.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is kind of surprising that the Bears didn’t simply leave us hanging for 5 days

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is kind of surprising that the Bears didn’t simply leave us hanging for 5 days

That's the most surprising thing about this.... That and the fact we offered a contract with about a zero percent chance of not being matched

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel like they almost knew the bears would match the offer. They matched it almost as soon as they were notified of it.

OP
OP
SoonerPack

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At this point we have to at least bring TWill back, no? He can be had for nominal money and will help. I know it's not a splash move but he more than showed last year he's got some game left. I'd honestly feel much better if we had him locked up while other options are explored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts