KGB

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know I've heard alot about Rodgers and Ferguson as trade worthy, but I just read another poster who thought KGB would be a good way to increase cap money in a 'Larry Johnson' type signing. I was wondering what everyone else thought. I personally can't remember him making an impact play in quite some time. Please correct me if i'm wrong. Trade him and use the money other places, or hope he's a player?

Toronto_Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Depends on what happens in the draft. If a pass rusher like Jamal Anderson falls to us, then maybe Ted picks him and KGB becomes expendable. However, I think it's likely we keep him and have him and Jenkins platoon at right DE.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because of all the cap room, the Packers can afford to keep three DE's who make starter's money, at least for this year. So I say keep him unless somebody makes a really good offer at a position of need.

I can't remember any specific impact plays that KGB has made lately, but then, I can't remember impact plays for most of our defensive players. He's had some sacks--just not as many as he used to get.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think he has enough value to justify trading him, unless we dealt him in the completely insane and unlikely Larry Johnson deal.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm afraid KGB has little trade value, especially considering his salary. If he goes to another team it will be as an add-on to close the deal. He is now seen as a strictly situational player. We need another, stronger DE so Jenkins can move back to DT or rotate.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
IMO, if you are ever going to recoop anything from KGB in terms of value, this is the year. He had double digits sacks for years, someone will want that possibility that he can do it again. Not great value, but in my opinion he will be moved on draft day. Or at least they will try to move him.

4th or 5th maybe?

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I cannot see how it could be in our best interests to trade KGB for a 4th or 5th rounder when a rushing DE is so valuable in todays market.

I know the guy has not set the world on fire but in a reduced role and splitting time with Jenkins he can be of value.

You have to ask the question "who do we have as backup at DE if we unload KGB?"

This is ONE position we have decent depth and is probably as important of a position to have depth as any there is.

In a perfect world he would have a lower salary. He's paid to much but leave it alone. Besides, it's no longer THAT rediculous of a price to pay as rediculous as that sounds.

He has to beat LEFT TACKLES and only an elite few do any better than he does. Those guys ain't easy to whip over there.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
I cannot see how it could be in our best interests to trade KGB for a 4th or 5th rounder when a rushing DE is so valuable in todays market.

I know the guy has not set the world on fire but in a reduced role and splitting time with Jenkins he can be of value.

You have to ask the question "who do we have as backup at DE if we unload KGB?"

This is ONE position we have decent depth and is probably as important of a position to have depth as any there is.

In a perfect world he would have a lower salary. He's paid to much but leave it alone. Besides, it's no longer THAT rediculous of a price to pay as rediculous as that sounds.

He has to beat LEFT TACKLES and only an elite few do any better than he does. Those guys ain't easy to whip over there.

I would love to see him for depth, but something inside tells me they will be moving him this offseason. He is our only real bargaining chip that is semi-expendable, unless you count Rodgers. Everyone else is either not worth anything in trade or they are vital to our success.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say keep him. He had a bad year but gives this team a legitimate pass rusher which we can't get from the middle. Even if he doesn't get the sacks he can at least provide pressure

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Option A- Reduce his salary and give him reduced playing time

or

Option B- No reduction in salary so trade or cut him

I will take either A or B

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Option A- Reduce his salary and give him reduced playing time

or

Option B- No reduction in salary so trade or cut him

I will take either A or B

I agree, but I'm leaning more towards getting rid of him...with all of the 3-4 hybrid OLB's that come out we can snatch a guy like KGB for cheap for pass rushing situations and go with Cullen in his DE spot

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I want him to be used still...

It looks like they will still use him the way they did towards the end last year, and f that is true, that is way to much for him in that limitied role..

I dont want to see him go, but if he wont take a paycut, might be best to trade him..

With that said, he seems to have the personality where he would take a paycut in order to help the team out...

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He didn't do much last year. I'm hoping that changes. For what he's getting paid, he should be more productive.
All that said, i don't think they would get much on a trade, and he still can be productive (hopefully).
So i say ask him for a pay cut, and make it a more incentive type contract. More money if he produces more.