Keys to beating the Bears

Oklahoma_Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My thoughts on how to beat the Bears.

1 - Discipline: We lost to Chicago in week 3, primarily because of having 17 penalties. That's unacceptable. No stupid penalties.

2 - Pass Protection: In week 3, Peppers was wreaking havoc on our tackles. I bet MM will give Bulaga/Clifton help this game. Give Rodgers time, and our Offense will role.

3 - Pass Rush: I believe there's a chance Jenkins will play Sunday. That would make things even better, considering Mathews, and Raji are absolute beasts when it comes to pressuring that QB. And when you put a lot of pressure on Cutler, sometimes he'll start heaving up wounded-ducks, giving our secondary a chance to make a big play.

4 - Capitalize on turnovers: We're probably the best team in scoring points off of turnovers. We did it a lot last week, and we need to continue that this week.

5 - Kick the ball away from Hester: Not much needs to be said here, but that Hester is the most dangerous Kick/Punt returner in Football.

Well, that's what I got.

Thoughts? Something I missed?

+RAY+

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, any team that kicks the ball to Hester is just plain stupid. Why hasnt every team in the NFL figured that out yet?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Score more points

DUHH

Like your break down

Add in.... keep Forte in check, that man is on a roll

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
6. Play Packers football.
Rod Woodson continues to say his chips are all in on the Packers. Hall of Famer knows the game, I don't care what backup/traveling QB Dilfer has to say.
They are as likely to win the SB as any team in the NFL this year.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
6. Play Packers football.
Rod Woodson continues to say his chips are all in on the Packers. Hall of Famer knows the game, I don't care what backup/traveling QB Dilfer has to say.
They are as likely to win the SB as any team in the NFL this year.

Trent????

Surprised he can talk with his mouth full of Bretts nutts

ClayMatthews

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You also forgot to mention limit the drops in this game. There has been way to many dropped passes over the past few weeks, that could of scored the Packers easy points.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hester is a crappy receiver. he is just fast plain and simple

I disagree. I think that the Bears receivers are better than people give them credit for...

Just last week watching the Bears Jets game, Cutler didn't make an impressive throw that entire game, his line gave him a little time, he stepped up, threw a jump ball and his receivers went and got it for him. 3 TD's in a row. All jump balls. 2 to Knox, 1 to Hester. The Bear O-line is playing much better now too. They honestly scare me in the playoffs. They just have that look, like in 06. Nothing overly great about them, but good enough to take advantage of every little mistake the opponent makes and capitalize on every little break that goes their way. I would consider jumping off a bridge if they won the SB this year... Oh god, I'm getting a little sick just thinking about it...

Cheesehead Brittany

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I disagree. I think that the Bears receivers are better than people give them credit for...

Just last week watching the Bears Jets game, Cutler didn't make an impressive throw that entire game, his line gave him a little time, he stepped up, threw a jump ball and his receivers went and got it for him. 3 TD's in a row. All jump balls. 2 to Knox, 1 to Hester...

um i remember hester being wide open and not jumping at all

LVBEAR

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bears are a different team than the 1st time we meet. O line is playing better and Cutler isnt making as many boneheaded mistakes. That said, most Bears fans dont want to have to play the Packers a 3rd time in the same season. Too stressfull, like the Cubs/Sox games...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Score more points

DUHH

Like your break down

Add in.... keep Forte in check, that man is on a roll

Forte keys revived Bears offense | ProFootballTalk

Martz’s ability to use Forte in a variety of roles has been a key. Consider: Forte is the only Bears player in its long history to record 1,400 yards from scrimmage in his first three years. Forte is just 22 yards away from 1,000 rushing and 13 receiving yards away from 500. If he reaches both those marks Sunday, he’ll join Walter Payton as the only Bears player to pull that off.

WOW maybe people read our forum?

Justanobserver

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WOW maybe people read our forum?[/quote]

Listen, the Bears are capable of beating any team on any given Sunday. I also believe that now that they have their bye the will not be truly motivated to win. Essentially this game is meaningless to the Bears except the meat head Bear fans. I expect an easy Packer win. The stars are aligning correctly. Lady Luck helped the Pack. Who would have believed the Vikings beat the Eagles considering the Eagles had something to play for.

I noticed a lot of Packer fans think the Bears suck. They really don't! I believe the Bears have some serious flaws that will be exposed in the playoffs. The Bears though can beat the Pack just as easily as the Pack can beat the Bears.

The keys to beating the Pretenders.
1. Don't kick to Hester if at all possible.
2.Keep Peppers from harassing Rodgers. This guy is capable of changing the dynamics of a game.
3.Stop Forte-This guy is becoming dynamic.
4. Pressure Cutler-give him different looks-He will throw picks. I think this is the key here. Cutler will cost them the game.
5. None of this might matter because the Bears might just take this game off-History shows us they might.

The Pack will be in the playoffs!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts