Just looking at stats.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just finished dinner and was looking at the NFL Stats on cbssportsline.com.

First page...

The top two QB's in passing yards in the NFL right now....

1. Tom Brady. 2,431 Yards 8 GAMES PLAYED

2. Brett Favre. 2,046 Yards 7 GAMES PLAYED

Now I am not saying Brady is not the best NFL QB right now because he is. I also know that Evey team has offense's that play to the pass and less to the run.

What I find freaking amazing is this....

12 years ago Brett threw for a career high 4,413 yards.

12 years later, 2007.... After 7 games he is on pace to throw for 4,675 yards in 2007.

It is amazing. I mean really freaking amazing.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wow great stuff, i think favre can play at least 2 more years, i mean why not it seems like this young team and winning has really rejuvinated him

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's pretty good for a 70 year old and Jennings called him after the game. ? does anyone know if NFL network is replaying the game. I believed RP when he warned us Brett was going to do something great so I recorded the game only to find out I screwed up my system. Man was I ticked. I wonder if Brett may set the single season passing Packer record this year. It's one packer record he actually doesn't have

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

First page...

Now I am not saying Brady is not the best NFL QB right now because he is. I also know that Evey team has offense's that play to the pass and less to the run.

12 years later, 2007.... After 7 games he is on pace to throw for 4,675 yards in 2007.

Great post. I agree. Favre is just unreal. The best QB ever period in my opinion, but unquestionably the best QB ever at this age. He also threw for 330 yards last night on only 21 completions. Very effecient. If Brady wasn't having the year he was having I would say Favre for MVP.

mike_donnelly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if it was true meaning of MVP - MOST VALUABLE PLAYER, then it would be favre's. He is got a bunch of kids and showing them how to win in the NFL. Brady is surrounded by season vets. but obviously you can't deny a guy when he is going to smash the season TD record.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mike_donnelly said:
if it was true meaning of MVP - MOST VALUABLE PLAYER, then it would be favre's. He is got a bunch of kids and showing them how to win in the NFL. Brady is surrounded by season vets. but obviously you can't deny a guy when he is going to smash the season TD record.

Couldn't agree more. Unfortunately MVP of the league means the most important player to the League lol. But, you're right Favre is easily the most important player to his team's success in the NFL.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

First page...

I have a plaque of that hanging on my wall here at the office. The one stat that he won't hit is thirty eight TD's.

By the way. Our record that year? 11-5.

You don't think maybe the competition was a little tougher back then? He throws for THIRTY EIGHT TD's vs. thirteen INT's and goes over 4400 yards on the year and we lose five games.

If he get's twenty eight TD's this year I doubt we lose more than three.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey RP..

Quite a bit different than this post, eh? :wink:

Posted by Raider Pride.

Post subject: It is going to happen.
Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 01:19 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is going to happen this year. It is going to be an interesting reaction.

It is half time. The Packers are down by 13 points. The defense is playing great, Brett and the offense are not moving the ball and Brett has thrown an interception for 7 of the 13 points scored against the defence.

The Packers come out of locker room after the half and Brett and the offence come out and go 3 and out twice.

Will the fans be chanting for Aaron? Will The Defense be hoping for Rodgers? Who will be wining the ruthless verbal battle going on in the Packer Forum game day chat between Brett Lovers and the realistic Packer Posters?

Rodgers takes the field. Two touchdowns and the Packers win.

How does Brett handle it deep down inside? How does the press handle it?

How does M.M. handle it the week after?

It is going to be good theatre.

Not trying to be a ****. I just think it's funny how sometimes our predictions don't come true, and how far off the mark we are sometimes. Thank God.

Hell, I'll even publicly admit that I was mostly wrong about Ted Thompson. :shock:

Although there were a couple of moves I still disagree with... :wink:

Just goes to show ya'...

DarkaneRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As far as QB stats go, we should be a favorite going into a game against the Chiefs if all goes well. Here are both of the QB's ratings this season to compare.

BRETT FAVRE
Pass Yds: 2046
TD: 11
Yds/Game: 292.3
QB Rating: 92.5

DAMON HUARD
Pass Yds: 1470
TD: 6
Yds/Game: 210.0
QB Rating: 79.8

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more. Unfortunately MVP of the league means the most important player to the League lol. But, you're right Favre is easily the most important player to his team's success in the NFL.

Favre is the most important player to the NFL. He's been the face of the league for a long time now. He's by far the most recognized player, far more so than Brady. Brady isn't even the most recognized player on his own team -- that's Randy Moss.

The MVP award typically goes to the best player on a team that had a very good year. If your team doesn't do well, then you will not get the NFL MVP award, no matter how deserving. The Patriots are basically making the rest of the league look silly right now, so their most valuable player is also the leading candidate for the league award.

evad04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre is my hero.

That said, Brady has 30 TD passes and 2 interceptions. Honestly... think about that. THINK ABOUT THAT. That's inhuman.

30 TD passes... 2 interceptions

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre is my hero.

That said, Brady has 30 TD passes and 2 interceptions. Honestly... think about that. THINK ABOUT THAT. That's inhuman.

Think about this......... he has randy moss donte stallworth wes welker, a cheating head coach, and mamoth o-line

evad04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
evad04 said:
Favre is my hero.

Think about this......... he has randy moss donte stallworth wes welker, a cheating head coach, and mamoth o-line
Take the blinders off, dude. You don't think Montana, Young, Aikman, or Manning ever had similar talent? They NEVER put up these types of numbers. Brady's supporting cast is excellent... but is the best ever?

I don't think you realize how ridiculous those numbers are.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No way. That just isn't true.

And to prove it, look at the numbers that Culpepper put up when he had Randy Moss! :lol:

(I think there was a reason that Favre wanted TT to sign Moss. There is no similar talent! :mossfro: )

evad04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No way. That just isn't true.

And to prove it, look at the numbers that Culpepper put up when he had Randy Moss! :lol:

(I think there was a reason that Favre wanted TT to sign Moss. There is no similar talent! :mossfro: )
Ridiculous. Moss was in Oakland the last few years and put up average numbers. Why wasn't their offense high-octane?

I'm willing to grant that the Patriots offensive talent is unrivaled in today's league... but I don't think it's hands-down the best ever. I don't think Brady is owning just because he's got Moss, Stalworth, and Welker.

You couldn't put Matt Cassell in and see 30 TDs and 2 INTs. Brady is playing better to this point in the season than any quarterback has ever played... in any season.

Favre still rules, Brady's still a tool, I still love roast beef sandwiches. Don't get me wrong.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just don't believe it.

Brady just chucks up the ball, and Moss comes down with it.

Plus, Moss just being on the field makes everyone else better.

(Oakland was so bad, they couldn't even get him the ball. Look at Culpepper now with Moss. It's very evident to me.)

(I hope Indianapolis rattles his cage this weekend!)

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brady has always put up good numbers. Look at last year. His best receiver was Reche Caldwell and Brady still had Pro Bowl numbers. Let that sink in for a bit. Remember how Favre would put up Pro Bowl numbers with good ole Billy Schroeder? Brady basically was doing the same thing. Even with Moss, for Brady to have 30 touchdowns right now is remarkable. He's having the graetest single season of all time. I don't know if he's better than everyone else when you compare the primes of their career but he certainly deserves to be in the discussion.

OP
OP
R

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey RP..

Quite a bit different than this post, eh? :wink:

Posted by Raider Pride.

Post subject: It is going to happen.
Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 01:19 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is going to happen this year. It is going to be an interesting reaction.

It is half time. The Packers are down by 13 points. The defense is playing great, Brett and the offense are not moving the ball and Brett has thrown an interception for 7 of the 13 points scored against the defence.

The Packers come out of locker room after the half and Brett and the offence come out and go 3 and out twice.

Will the fans be chanting for Aaron? Will The Defense be hoping for Rodgers? Who will be wining the ruthless verbal battle going on in the Packer Forum game day chat between Brett Lovers and the realistic Packer Posters?

Rodgers takes the field. Two touchdowns and the Packers win.

How does Brett handle it deep down inside? How does the press handle it?

How does M.M. handle it the week after?

It is going to be good theatre.

Not trying to be a ****. I just think it's funny how sometimes our predictions don't come true, and how far off the mark we are sometimes. Thank God.

Hell, I'll even publicly admit that I was mostly wrong about Ted Thompson. :shock:

Although there were a couple of moves I still disagree with... :wink:

Just goes to show ya'...

Fuzz...

I never had a clue the Packers would be where they are at this point of the season. It is a good thing. Oh... You are right, my predictions totally suck.

R.P.

Latest posts