Just in, Packers to change colors.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
btw I think it is time for the packers to make a uniform change, the vikings has a new uniform this season:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
No more green and gold.
Switching to Black and Gold to closer resemble the SB Champions.

You're kidding... Right?

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was on the forum here a while ago, I've searched for it but can't find it...

does anyone else know the link? I remember it was some kind of website that told the history of the GB Packers uniform, it had all the uniforms + Wolfs proposal which didn't get through..

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wolf's proposal would of given Green Bay the ugliest jerseys in the NFL. So gross looking.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No way they were horrible. God awful shade of green and gold helmets ugh. They kind of looked like Notre Dame's uniforms.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i personally think we should go all the way back.... Baby Blue and Gold with Circled numbers on the chest.!

so bad ***

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rabidgopher04 said:
We should go back to the 5 stripes on the sleeve - we won more games like that.

I'm with rapidgopher04. I think that is the best looking uniform.

I disagree with cheesey. The G on the sleeves is not a classic old school look.

I also disagree with Gak on this. I don't like the metalic look of what Wolf originally had in mind and it had the G on the sleeve.

Aesthetics are a rather personal thing. I like the classic 5 stripe that they have worn at all Super Bowl wins.

Changing uniforms are a drastic act of a desperate franchise not proud of it's history. Like Broncos, Bucaneers, and now the female looking viking curves.

Minor changes like when the Bears made the C on the helmet red instead of white, and changing the Packer sleeves are okay.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I found Ron Wolfs proposal!!!

This re-design was never implemented. Ron Wolf was quoted in the St. Petersburg Times, discussing the re-design and explaining his decision to withdraw it:

"I never liked the yellow color in the Packers scheme," Wolf said. "NFL books say it's 'green and gold' but anybody can see it's a Michigan kind of yellow, of maize, which didn't sit well with me.

"I put together a proposal to change Green Bay uniforms, replacing the yellow with a gold much like we see on Rams uniforms and helmets. There were some other changes but I wasn't messing with the "G' on Packers helmets.

"Everything was approved by the seven-member executive committee that operates the Packers. All I had to do was give the go-ahead.

"I repeatedly looked over drawings of the new Packers uniform, thinking I would soon be pulling the trigger on changes. But, after a little more thought, decided it just didn't fly. We needed to fix what was truly broken. What we really had to have was better people on the field."

If the Lombardi-era uniforms were ever to be radically changed, that was the time. The Green and Gold has since regained its prominence, thanks in no small part to the team that Wolf put on the field. If the Packers had won a Super Bowl in these uniforms, there is a possibility that the fans could have come to accept the change.

In recent interviews, Ron Wolf has since reiterated his preference for a metallic gold over the Packers' yellow.

http://www.packersuniforms.com/

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good find Gakk...I like those a lot! Simple but sharp...I like the gold and a lot better than the yellow!

Also...Do ppl think the Packers are able to dramatically change their unifroms...or are they stuck w/ "old school" and basic designs due to their history?

E.G...a lot of teams are going to the "slash" patterns on jersey's and pants like the Broncos, Atlanta, Minny, etc...but can the Packers do that...do they need to stick w/ the traditional and old school look?

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How many of you have seen the "chrome" Packer helmet? THAT is one that i think would look cool on the field! They have the mini chrome ones at the Packer Pro Shop.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers will stay with tradition. When I was looking for pictures of those jerseys I saw several news stories talking about the possible change and how when it was announced that the Packers were thinking about changing them, the fans let it be known that they were deadset against any major change, so the idea was abandoned.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
Zero2Cool said:
No more green and gold.
Switching to Black and Gold to closer resemble the SB Champions.

Is this to be implimented for this seaon Z2C ?

No.
They are calling it the 'DoIt4Brett' change and will be implemented prior to the beginging of the season, but after the final Pre Season game.